Target Group Limited Reviews

Updated 14 May 2021

3.1
Target Group Limited Chief Executive Officer Roger Newman  (no image)
Roger Newman
Pros
  • "Great people in most business areas(in 5 reviews)

• "nice office(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "What the future holds and the inexperience of managers from CEO to Team Leaders(in 5 reviews)

• "People are leaving at a fair rate of knots and yet no-one seems to care about it(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

5 May 2021 - Arrears Executive in Chester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible and people focused, willing to work with you.

Cons

None so far! All seems great.

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not worth the effort of applying

9 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are some amazing people who make going to work bearable

Cons

The executive committee do not care about the people who work for them. The CEO is a shill for the parent group TechM trying to impose their will where people are nothing but numbers an all are expendable to save themselves a bit of money, even if this results in a poorer quality. Their money saving antics aren't even thought through well, leading to a brain drain away from the organisation and not considering most of their biggest clients when trying to offload people and exporting the work to India. The shortfall caused has led to teams having to do the expected work of 10 with a team of half that number (as an example) with very little reward for being worked to the bone. Historically people would do what they could to cover their own backs and find someone else on the ladder to blame for an issue. The company's bad planning leads to a lot of issues being "covered with a bandage" and moving forward. There is little to no progression Many positive reviews here have been pushed to be given from within

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Busy job, unfair pay

10 May 2021 - Complaints Executive in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

New cases everyday so you don’t get bored Great team Lots of support

Cons

The salary is unfair. New starters are earning 23k but the staff who were employed before this new salary are expected to “work” for the 23k and are stuck on 18-21k. You’re asked to work up a payment ladder and to get to the 23k you’d need to progress 3 times which can take a minimum of 9 months. Workload expectations and pass rates are excessive.

4. 1.0

Do not trust the 5* reviews

14 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

5 words minimum - so here.

Cons

Let’s start with lower than market average pay for all employees, no incentives (only if you want a water bottle and a solitary tea bag), abhorrent and demeaning work culture, lack of recognition, extremely high staff turnover, unattainable targets for measly pay rises, lack of training, coaching, guidance and structure, and ample amounts of favouritism. The nicest department is the canteen staff, says a lot. If you want to be categorised as just a number whilst your soul debilitates, this is the place for you! Make sure you bring an umbrella to work too, because the management chain will be dropping what excrement they can on you with zero warning. This place has all the grace and decorum of a reversing dump truck with no tyres on.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Loving it!

19 Apr 2021 - Investments Executive in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Inclusive and welcoming company, had full training and support throughout the last 6 months (started in November!) Remote working, which works really well for me. Chances to move around to different departments, help with other projects and I feel listened to when I speak about my long term career goals. Also really like myRecognition!

Cons

No "office community feel" just due to working from home, and the investments department is quite busy at the moment! However I do feel supported throughout this busy period and know I can speak to my Team Leader when I need to.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing company - I owe them so much!

9 Apr 2021 - Academy Manager in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Target is absolutely amazing at developing people and career progression. I initially intended on working here for a few months before having enough money to travel but 7 years and several promotions later, I’m still here and absolutely love it (plus they gave me a 6 month sabbatical to travel). Target is great if you enjoy working in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment with the best people who really do have your best interests at heart.

Cons

Working from home and not seeing everyone :)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic Journey from applying for a role to offer!

28 Apr 2021 - Induction Trainer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sophie in the HR team was so engaging throughout the process and made the whole experience amazing! At interview stage the interviewers made me feel so relaxed! Great job by all at Target Group Ltd!

Cons

Such a great experience, nothing negative to add!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Interesting and varied, great people

7 Apr 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. There's always lots going on. My manager checks in regularly with me. Been working from home for a year now. I feel well supported.

Cons

It's not been easy working from home but I do feel supported if I ever need anyone. There's a lot of terminology to learn and understand but I feel that I can ask lots of questions. It's always very busy, but my workload is manageable.

9. 5.0

Brilliant place to work

15 Apr 2021 - Senior Operations Manager in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Target is a brilliant place to develop a career and be supported to succeeding. The company did so much over COVID to support us and all of their staff. The people are good and senior leadership do care.

Cons

The only con is that it can be a very fast paced environment, so you need to enjoy that kind of thing.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for

27 Apr 2021 - Health and Safety Coordinator in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company focus on individual growth & development with excellent opportunities for career progression. Friendly staff, great benefits & a relaxed working environment.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Reviews