Trouva Reviews

Updated 19 Feb 2020

3.6
  1. Featured Review

"High growth environment, excellent people"

Former Employee - Performance Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

Trouva is a fantastic environment if you are looking to take ownership, achieve professional growth and drive impact within a business with huge ambition. If you want to work with smart, friendly people and challenge yourself I recommend Trouva as a great place to be.

Cons

As with any young company there are growing pains and things can move around a lot, but importantly the leadership are humble, aware that they won't get everything right 100% of the time and eager to make continual improvements to the way the business is run and the company is operated. As a result Trouva grew a huge amount as a business and a company during my time there and I am sure it will continue to do so.

2. "Great Company to work for"

5.0

I worked at Trouva part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was only working part time for a short while but while I was there the team were incredibly close and supportive of one another.

Cons

I didn't face many cons

February 21, 2020People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review and your feedback. We appreciate your input and it's great to hear you enjoyed your experience at Trouva. One of our values is in fact 'we are one team', so it's fantastic that you saw that shine through even during your short time with us! We are always keen to hear more about what we can do to improve our employee experience, so if there is any further feedback you'd like to share, please email us at people@trouva.com. The People Team @Trouva

3. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

4.0
    Current Employee - Operations in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, excellent growth opportunities.

Cons

Long hours, office looks like a dump.

January 27, 2020People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review and your feedback. We appreciate your input and it's great to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Trouva and see opportunities to develop your career. We are always keen to hear more about what we can do to improve our employee experience, so if there is any further feedback you'd like to share, please come and chat to me or email us at people@trouva.com. The People Team @Trouva

"awful"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Ops

I worked at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

People were fun to work with and nice office

Cons

Micro managed all the time nbot good

January 27, 2020People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are always keen to hear more about what we can do to improve our employee experience, so if there is any further feedback you'd like to share, please email us at people@trouva.com. The People Team @Trouva

"Amazing company to work for and develop skills"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Trouva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined Trouva at its very early stages with the intention of working in a high pace startup environment. During my time at Trouva I was given the opportunity to work on projects that impacted every function of the business, allowing me to expand my thinking and skillset massively! There's a sense of unity between every employee at Trouva and you will immediately feel welcomed and included. The team structure is fairly flat and everyone's ideas are heard and tried. I had a lot of fun working at Trouva and expanded my skillset way faster than I would have anywhere else!

Cons

This is a high pace startup, touching both Business to Business and Business to Consumer markets. Getting the right balance on where to spend your focus can be a bit hard, but the Management is always there to help you spend out.

"Rare opportunity to be a part of something great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined the business with the intention of propelling my career to the next stage - and it’s delivered on exactly that. It’s a super flat structure and you’re hired because you’re generally the expert (and sometimes the only one!) in your field. This means you have a rare opportunity to build relationships with some incredibly smart, ambitious people who trust you to provide guidance and direction to your area in the business. The culture is incredibly hardworking, determined, passionate and direct - you know where you stand and you’ll be given loads of feedback. You have the opportunity to make mistakes, implement solutions immediately and become more resourceful than you ever thought you could be! It’s also, put simply, a fun place to work (it ticks the boxes with snacks team activities + coffee!) with people who genuinely care.

Cons

It’s a start up - there are some high expectations and teams aren’t huge, so you’re getting your hands regularly. It can be easy to slip into the habit of working long hours and you need to be disciplined with yourself about what is and isn’t feasible. That said, there’s overall pretty good flexibility to manage your time and days as you need.

"Horrible and Demoralizing"

1.0
    Former Employee - Operations Executive

I worked at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very few positive things to say abbout Trouva

Cons

Poor leadership, poor workplace culture, low pay, taking advantage of everyone who comes through the door

"Fast paced, challenging but fun"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

I know Trouva has been subject to trolling recently, but for me as someone who is actually working there, Trouva is fast paced and challenging, but fun. It is diverse both in cultural and gender and experience within teams which allows for greater opportunity for knowledge exchange. It is pretty social and engaging, with quite a flat heirarchy, allowing for closer contact with senior leadership. You feel valued and rewarded for your contributions.

Cons

As in any fast paced environment, it is sometimes difficult to see the wood from the trees. Constantly moving at a million miles an hour comes with its own challenges, but you can thrive if this is your style.

Continue reading

"If you love beautiful products and boutique shopping then it's the dream"

Current Employee - Creative Brand Director in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You get to work with 200,000+ stunning products (homewares, lifestyle, fashion) and the 800+ independent boutiques who stock them - No two weeks are the same, extremely varied work and always a new challenge. In the Brand Marketing team you focus on uncovering and highlighting new brands, customer communications, creative and campaigns for website, social channels, PR and email - If you are driven the skies the limit (i've done three different roles in my time in the company)

Cons

- As it's a start-up the teams aren't huge so you have to be up for getting your hands dirty whatever your level - Targets and expectations are high. You don't become one of the UK's fastest growing start-ups by plodding along!

"I love working here"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in London, England

I have been working at Trouva full-time for less than a year

Pros

It’s exciting to work for such an innovative company and to be part of the journey. You can feel that people are dedicated to their jobs and are proud to work here. Recently there has been a lot of investment in training and development. You will meet many talented people. The team spirit is great and there is a sense of belonging. The work can be challenging, but I always felt that the business takes an active approach in keeping employees happy and motivated (work from home options, perks, social events).

Cons

The salaries are not shockingly low, but could be higher. It seems difficult and lengthy to get a pay rise or promotion but it’s certainly not impossible and hard work seems to the rewarded. Since it’s a growing company it can sometimes be a difficult to get an insight in what other teams are doing and see the larger scale.

Found 40 reviews