Trouva Reviews

Updated 20 May 2021

Found 43 of over 50 reviews

3.6
Pros
  • "Great team of people who are expert in what they do, you will learn a lot from others(in 6 reviews)

• "I love the fast paced nature of the growth(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It is a fast paced start up you get involved a lot but don’t expect a 9-5 job(in 5 reviews)

• "Management have very high expectations, this is definitely not a 9-5 job, which led to some of my being let go(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Exciting business with a great team and culture

12 May 2021 - Senior Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Innovative business model with a great mission. - Smart & friendly team. - Work you do gets to make a big impact on the business. - Autonomy and ability work on multiple different projects. - Flexible working + people team have developed some good perks lately.

Cons

If I had to pick something it was that I felt there was a lack of clear objectives for my career progression.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 4.0

Great place to work

20 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity for growth and development, great culture, forward thinking

Cons

Slow to act on potential staffing needs, long winded interview process

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor Management

15 Mar 2021 - Customer Service Agent in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

my team was ok and nice office

Cons

Boring work, people outside of team are unfriendly. Everything is for show and there is no real integrity. No career progression no pay rise

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best place to learn how not to run a startup.... or anything really

31 Jul 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

From time to time they actually had Fruit and crisps in the kitchen.

Cons

***Sigh*** Mission is absolute marketing spin, they don't respect or value boutiques but feel this is a niche they can play in and this resonates with customers. 2/3 of the founders are genuinely not nice people. The other 1 is more of a ring in and is a super nice guy, props to him. Their focus is on reaching their target valuation and living in a beach house in the cayman islands. Current CEO has anger management issues, completely delusional, not Elon Musk style, more Kanye style. His influence and style is propagated in part by poorly skilled underlings that call themselves head of this and VP of that without ever running more than a lemonade stand or failing in another VC backed cash drain. You will learn the ways of a disorganised and toxic startup, not best practice... beware! HR practices, whenever someone would leave either in probation or out of, they would announce in a weekly all hands meeting and say "they just weren't up to our standards at Trouva".... always made me cringe. This is not the place for you to take a wonderful journey of a scale up, despite the awards that their VC investors shoe horn them in for, it is more smoke and mirrors... Find another startup to help build with your hard work that has a legit culture and vision.

5 people found this review helpful

Trouva Response

People and Culture Partner

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us and I’m really sorry your experience at Trouva has left you feeling this way. We take this type of feedback very seriously and would like the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns in more detail. Please reach out if you would like to arrange a time to speak - my email address is chloe.bartle@trouva.com.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fantastic company to work for.

13 Sep 2020 - Head of Analytics in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very open, friendly, hard-working and dedicated staff. Strong, positive culture.

Cons

None that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

High growth environment, excellent people

19 Feb 2020 - Performance Marketing Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trouva is a fantastic environment if you are looking to take ownership, achieve professional growth and drive impact within a business with huge ambition. If you want to work with smart, friendly people and challenge yourself I recommend Trouva as a great place to be.

Cons

As with any young company there are growing pains and things can move around a lot, but importantly the leadership are humble, aware that they won't get everything right 100% of the time and eager to make continual improvements to the way the business is run and the company is operated. As a result Trouva grew a huge amount as a business and a company during my time there and I am sure it will continue to do so.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0

I love working here

26 Jul 2019 - Business Development Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s exciting to work for such an innovative company and to be part of the journey. You can feel that people are dedicated to their jobs and are proud to work here. Recently there has been a lot of investment in training and development. You will meet many talented people. The team spirit is great and there is a sense of belonging. The work can be challenging, but I always felt that the business takes an active approach in keeping employees happy and motivated (work from home options, perks, social events).

Cons

The salaries are not shockingly low, but could be higher. It seems difficult and lengthy to get a pay rise or promotion but it’s certainly not impossible and hard work seems to the rewarded. Since it’s a growing company it can sometimes be a difficult to get an insight in what other teams are doing and see the larger scale.

6 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced, challenging but fun

15 Aug 2019 - Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I know Trouva has been subject to trolling recently, but for me as someone who is actually working there, Trouva is fast paced and challenging, but fun. It is diverse both in cultural and gender and experience within teams which allows for greater opportunity for knowledge exchange. It is pretty social and engaging, with quite a flat heirarchy, allowing for closer contact with senior leadership. You feel valued and rewarded for your contributions.

Cons

As in any fast paced environment, it is sometimes difficult to see the wood from the trees. Constantly moving at a million miles an hour comes with its own challenges, but you can thrive if this is your style.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing company to work for and develop skills

1 Sep 2019 - Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Trouva at its very early stages with the intention of working in a high pace startup environment. During my time at Trouva I was given the opportunity to work on projects that impacted every function of the business, allowing me to expand my thinking and skillset massively! There's a sense of unity between every employee at Trouva and you will immediately feel welcomed and included. The team structure is fairly flat and everyone's ideas are heard and tried. I had a lot of fun working at Trouva and expanded my skillset way faster than I would have anywhere else!

Cons

This is a high pace startup, touching both Business to Business and Business to Consumer markets. Getting the right balance on where to spend your focus can be a bit hard, but the Management is always there to help you spend out.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Approaching my 1st year at Trouva

29 Jul 2019 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's not often you get to be part of a business that is experiencing such phenomenal growth and is truly on the cusp of becoming "the next big thing". The environment is dynamic and innovative - teams are constantly trying new things and there's lots of autonomy and proactivity. Pursuing an opportunity or area for improvement is actively encouraged and you won't come up against the red tape or long approval chains of larger corporate (aided by a very open, flat structure). Crucially, a good work-life balance is also really respected at Trouva (particularly compared to other early stage high-growth start-ups I've experienced). People here work very hard but benefit from flexible working hours and don't hang around until ungodly hours in the office!

Cons

As a start-up, Trouva is fast paced and there is inevitably lots of changes to processes, projects and priorities. To succeed here you need to be able to adapt very quickly and easily.

2 people found this review helpful