Vacancy Filler Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 Oct 2019

4.2
Vacancy Filler CEO Alex Khakbiz
Alex Khakbiz

"A lovely place to work with a great culture and big aspirations!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Services in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture Passionate and friendly management team Good commission structure and opportunity to earn Work hard play hard environment If you work hard and show you are commited the CEO will look after you - he was very generous to me and I recently had my phone and some valuables stolen and he was there for me and was willing to help me return my items! Free fruit, drinks, regular nights out Your ideas are... taken serious by everyone

Cons

5:30 finish every day would love an earlier finish on Fridays in exchange for working extra during the week or starting earlier during the week

Advice to Management

Continue with the good work and take the business to where it needs to be! :)

Vacancy Filler2019-10-22
  2. "Fantastic Product"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office and environment is very relaxed and laid back, what you would expect from a software house. Everyone is willing to help others and it's great to see everyone so enthusiastic about the product. The software is state of the art and loved by customers, which gives a real sense of pride working for such a high quality product. I'm proud and excited to see some of the features I work on come to life and... it's great that we get the opportunity to work closely with our customers to ensure we are building it specifically to the requirements of talent & HR professionals. Lot's of company social events too which is great - the company have helped with some training qualifications too. The company is very understanding of childcare - it's great to sometimes see children in the office playing in the games room or doing their homework!

Cons

We work in a very agile way which means we sometimes have to change direction, usually because of market trends, so it can be frustrating when we don't always get to finish a design, however it's great for personal development and moving with the times to support business needs.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say - all managers are very hands on and personable, offering very flexible approach for us to get on with what we are here to do.

Vacancy Filler2019-10-16
  3. "Fantastic Company, Fantastic Product & Fantastic Future""

Current Employee - Finance Business Partner in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Huge market opportunity, strong & passionate colleagues & transparent leadership I am genuinely excited to come to work every morning and see my colleagues, and work together to build a greater finance team and build on the opportunities here at Vacancy filler. The culture here is very relaxed, very supportive and encouraging for all employees here.

Cons

No cons. You get out of it what you put in i.e. Recognition!

Advice to Management

Keep on the fabulous work you all doing, (More delicious breakfast mornings will help drive us even more….

Vacancy Filler2019-08-06

"A fantastic company to work for, ready for progression"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time for more than a year

Pros

- A company that knows success and tries it's hardest to achieve that. - consistant drive to build upon what we have and even try out more - understanding company nature that treats all staff with the respect they deserve - easy progression paths - ability to innovate into new technologies

Cons

- software is still quite old - some processes are still being built

Advice to Management

Keep up how you treat staff, having random events is awesome and everyone leaves here knowing they will never find a management team quite like what we have.

Vacancy Filler2019-07-10

"A great family attitude with a fantastic solution & Service to offer"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Open opportunies throught to be a free thinker and add value to the business. Your health & Your family come first Internal training and qualifications paid for by the business Everyones opinion is valid. From employee through to customers. Free Food Friday - I have managed this from the birth of the business. Its a great way to get the team together, celebrate some success stories whilst engage with... other team members you don;t see on a daily basis. * If you are curious as to how we work, come and join us! Meet the team, learn about us and we will ensure you are fed and watered =)

Cons

It's not a 9-5 job. You have to give it 100% otherwise you won't get what you want out the role, be the professional you can be or get what you want in your own personal life. You get out what you put in. We are growing so.. Less places to park

Advice to Management

management are going in the right direction, they are taking on more feedback, spending more time with the team independatly and as a group. Recognition is prasied as a wider group, more individual recognition & Praise for great work is highly recomended and key for personal and professional growth. I have ranked Vacancy Filler as a 4 stars out of 5 as no matter how good you are, you can always do better.

Vacancy Filler2019-07-23

"Great Atmosphere, Values and Service Offering"

Current Employee - Recruitment Services Manager in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant team that are always looking at ways to support their peers Great atmosphere with the entire business Amazing opportunities to progress your career Forward thinking Innovative

Cons

Growing pains (going through a period of growth which has seen a brand new sales team along with new colleagues in account management and support so once these are in-bedded things will fly)

Advice to Management

Provide better clarity on company goals/objectives

Vacancy Filler2019-07-10

"Great tech company!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, management are keen to develop people. Get to work with a brilliant product and bleeding edge technology. The company is always open to using new technology and innovation.

Cons

Parking can be a little tight, there was a lot of negativity in the sales team but management quickly moved them on.

Advice to Management

Carry on doing what you're doing!

Vacancy Filler2019-05-10

"Disaster of a company!"

Current Employee - Senior BDM in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the team are quite nice people with real talent.. Honestly, that is all.

Cons

The owner manages through fear, and removes people without warning or reason based on whether or not he likes them personally. Owner paces the office like a prison warden - it's so creepy and weird and puts everyone on edge. Over 150% turnover of staff in the last 24 months, mostly based on the owner micromanaging the team, screaming at people in the middle of the office and swearing at staff members. There are... no social activities arranged by the company, xmas party is always a joke and on a shoe string budget, and staff feedback is ignored even though many have raised issues with the lack of company benefits. Complete lack of direction, lack of progression, and morally bankrupt organisation. If you are offered a job here, i would strongly suggest that you reach out to an ex employee on linkedIn, even an existing employee, and ask for the real deal on this place, i guarantee you will run a mile!

Advice to Management

the owner is embarrassing the organisation when we go on client visits and causing staff to leave. He needs to be an owner, quiet and out of sight. let the skilled people who are able to deal with his unprofessional and derogatory behaviour do the work they were hired to do.

Vacancy Filler2019-03-20

"Sales team Treatedwith No Respect"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Loughborough, England

I worked at Vacancy Filler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Food Fridays are excellent!! Some really nice people in the sales teams

Cons

Managers do not listen to your concerns or offer any useful advice or mentorship. The CEO is very creepy with the way he wanders around and puts people on edge!

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff, don't be a bully and help the young and new members of the sales team.

Vacancy Filler2019-03-15

"Absolutely appalling place to work - Ready to resign from day 2"

Former Employee - BDM

I worked at Vacancy Filler full-time for less than a year

Pros

High Basic wage + having an hour to recover from the business at lunch

Cons

Everything else, Poor man management Micromanaging from directors A CEO that can't effectively communicate with his staff Endless lies at the interview A massive lack of training

Advice to Management

Contemplating whether they need advice considering they managed to get investment into the company which is a massive achievement in itself, I can only assume investors didn't do much research or were told a few white lies (all speculation) I would say stop lying at the interview stage. Train your staff when they join the business. (not 4 months later) Don't expect new starters to hit targets that established... staff member aren't achieving. Stop treating your staff like you're better than them.

Vacancy Filler2019-03-06