Vacancy Filler Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Loughborough, England
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free Food Friday!
    Hands on training from management
    Friendly team
    Very entrepreneurial
    High basic wages
    Relaxed environment - table foosball, chill out areas, social events
    Staff with children have been able to bring them to work when they haven't been able to get childcare which is nice

Cons

Very fast paced, however nothing out the norm due to it being a software and sales company!

Advice to Management

I've learnt so much from the senior management - if you listen to their methods and take advice well you'll have a very successful career here. Some true and talented individuals which I'm grateful to work alongside. Keep giving feedback because it's really useful

2. "Disaster of a company!"

Current Employee - Senior BDM in Loughborough, England
    Current Employee - Senior BDM in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the team are quite nice people with real talent..
    Honestly, that is all.

Cons

The owner manages through fear, and removes people without warning or reason based on whether or not he likes them personally.
    Owner paces the office like a prison warden - it's so creepy and weird and puts everyone on edge.
    Over 150% turnover of staff in the last 24 months, mostly based on the owner micromanaging the team, screaming at people in the middle of the office and swearing at staff members.
    There are no social activities arranged by the company, xmas party is always a joke and on a shoe string budget, and staff feedback is ignored even though many have raised issues with the lack of company benefits.
    Complete lack of direction, lack of progression, and morally bankrupt organisation.
    If you are offered a job here, i would strongly suggest that you reach out to an ex employee on linkedIn, even an existing employee, and ask for the real deal on this place, i guarantee you will run a mile!

Advice to Management

the owner is embarrassing the organisation when we go on client visits and causing staff to leave. He needs to be an owner, quiet and out of sight. let the skilled people who are able to deal with his unprofessional and derogatory behaviour do the work they were hired to do.

23 Mar 2019 – Talent Manager

Thanks for your review and feedback - as always we take all comments very seriously.

With regards to your feedback, we’re sorry but we have to disagree on this occasion for a number of reasons. In... More

"Sales team Treatedwith No Respect"

Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Loughborough, England
    Former Employee - Business Development Executive in Loughborough, England

I worked at Vacancy Filler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Food Fridays are excellent!! Some really nice people in the sales teams

Cons

Managers do not listen to your concerns or offer any useful advice or mentorship.
    The CEO is very creepy with the way he wanders around and puts people on edge!

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff, don't be a bully and help the young and new members of the sales team.

18 Mar 2019 – Talent Manager

Thank you for your review - we really appreciate all feedback given, both positive and negative.

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed the Free Food Fridays - just one of the perks that our CEO... More

"Absolutely appalling place to work - Ready to resign from day 2"

Former Employee - BDM
    Former Employee - BDM

I worked at Vacancy Filler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High Basic wage + having an hour to recover from the business at lunch

Cons

Everything else,
    Poor man management
    Micromanaging from directors
    A CEO that can't effectively communicate with his staff
    Endless lies at the interview
    A massive lack of training

Advice to Management

Contemplating whether they need advice considering they managed to get investment into the company which is a massive achievement in itself, I can only assume investors didn't do much research or were told a few white lies (all speculation)

I would say stop lying at the interview stage.
    Train your staff when they join the business. (not 4 months later)
    Don't expect new starters to hit targets that established staff member aren't achieving.
    Stop treating your staff like you're better than them.

12 Mar 2019 – Talent Manager

Firstly thank you for your review, we take all feedback very seriously and welcome positive and negative comments to ensure we are continuously improving the business.

With regards to our... More

"Management Have No Clue"

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time

Pros

Some really nice people work here and you can have a good laugh.

Cons

There is no structure whatsoever. The owner gets heavily involved in every aspect of the business and directs each department in different directions. There is no progression path, you have to fight for a pay rise and you are never fully appreciated. Our morning sales meetings consist of the owner telling us to leave if we don't like the way things are ran, which is very demotivating. I would avoid working here if you can. I'll be leaving shortly, along with many others, as we can't take it anymore. The commission structure is a joke. Constantly changes and is never agreed in writing. Zero social events, really badly organised Christmas parties and not enough holidays. There are actually no benefits to working here either.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to take a step back and let the people he's hired, do their job they were hired to do. Stop bullying people, treat people with more respect and tell the truth in interviews.

13 Nov 2018 – Talent Manager

Thank you for your recent review, we are very keen to welcome all feedback whether it be positive or negative in order to constantly improve our ways of working. Firstly we are extremely sorry... More

"Tight-knit, forward-thinking and friendly community"

Current Employee - Content Marketing in Loughborough, England
    Current Employee - Content Marketing in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vacancy Filler is a tight-knit, forward-thinking and friendly community, where everyone collaborates and works well together.
    By working for Vacancy Filler not only will you will have many opportunities to learn and progress, but you will also be part of a company that cares about their customers and employees.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive vibes

"Worst Job I've had"

Former Employee - Business Development in Loughborough, England
    Former Employee - Business Development in Loughborough, England

I worked at Vacancy Filler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good basic salary - good people within sales team - free lunch on fridays

Cons

lied about the role during interview - was told was business development and you would be out and about meeting clients etc. actually just an outbound call centre where you are expected to make 80+ cold calls per day. no progression plan in place. a lot of pressure to constantly have the phone in your hand as "the whole company depends on you to pay their mortgages" was also monitored on how long you were away from your desk for toilet breaks etc.

Advice to Management

stop posting fake reviews - i didn't speak to one member of staff who actually enjoyed their job. don't lie during interviews either - all sales staff were told the same lie as me. focus on a structured plan and give sales staff more credit - youve hired them for a reason, so don't micromanage them.

18 Jun 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, all feedback, whether positive or negative is always welcome as this is how we improve and continue to grow as an organisation. Having been awarded a... More

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Administrator in Loughborough, England
    Current Employee - Marketing Administrator in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first ever office job!
    All the staff are lovely and made me feel so welcome, i now feel like part of the VF family. There are many opportunities to grow in this competitive business, i have only been here a few months and i have already been promoted. All the training is provided when you first start and free food on Fridays!

Cons

I don't have any Cons...

"Car crash"

I worked at Vacancy Filler part-time

Pros

having a lunch break and funny people to work with

Cons

Tense atmosphere, micromanagement practises being reintroduced and the list goes on.

Advice to Management

learn how to take advice.

8 May 2018 – Marketing Manager

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave a review, all feedback, whether positive or negative is always welcome, as this is how we improve and continue to grow as an organisation. Having been... More

"Inclusive, friendly, innovative business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England

I have been working at Vacancy Filler part-time

Pros

I've worked with Vacancy Filler for 5 months now and I'm really enjoying it. The atmosphere is friendly and there's a real sense that everyone here wants the company to thrive. I feel like my opinion is important and I'm encouraged to speak up if I think there's a better way of tackling any task.

The best thing about working here is that they treat everyone as an individual and genuinely want to utilize your individual skills.

There is free food on Friday lunchtimes and a fully stocked fruit bowl (which helps me with my 5 a day), plus free tea, coffee and chilled water.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is that it's sometimes tricky to get a parking space! #FirstWorldProblems

Advice to Management

Keep having faith in your staff.