Veramed Reviews

Updated Sep 15, 2021

Found 16 of over 16 reviews

4.8
Veramed Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Matthew Jones (no image)
Matthew Jones
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love it

Apr 19, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in High Wycombe, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have known many of the employees at Veramed for 10+ years and now I can call them colleagues. A small but thriving company, focused on quality, collaboration and integrity. All the foundations are in place, so everyone can get on with their jobs, trust others, processes in place, build for the future and embrace our clients

Cons

I wish I had worked here for longer

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive and Forward thinking. Senior Managers always listen to new ideas and take feedback on board.

Jan 11, 2021 - Marketing in Twickenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always recognised for hard work, constantly looking for ways to improve the work environment for the team, flat structure creates an inclusive and fun place to work where you are listened to and all new ideas considered.

Cons

We don't see enough of one another since increased remote working.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A fun and challenging place to work

Nov 11, 2019 - Statistician in Twickenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Really fun place to work with great people! - Graduate training program gives a really good foundation for developement - Company’s main focus is on quality, meaning that we maintain good relationships with clients - Lots of opportunities for developement, management team are supportive in this

Cons

Can’t think of any cons

Commercial Director

Thanks for your Review - always nice to have positive feedback. If there is anything constructive you want to add then please let us know via any of the channels available to you. It's great to hear the good but if you feel we can improve in any way we'll happily hear that too.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Mar 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly company, great to work for with genuinely supportive management team. Small company - so opportunities to get involved with company projects across all levels and have an impact on strategy. Good career pathways available with options for either technical excellence or people management options. Solid salary and benefits package.

Cons

Not many opportunities to get involved in trial strategy and design (but that's not unusual for a CRO)

Commercial Director

Thanks for your review - you're right it is sometimes challenging to have the right level of opportunities that allows everyone to get involved in the area's they would like to but they are certainly coming through more and more now and if there's something you would like to get involved with please make sure your line manager knows.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company!

Oct 29, 2018 - Principal Statistician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at Veramed is friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is great. Senior managers do care and are very supportive. We have bi-weekly catch up meetings so that the line managers can ensure that everything is going well and the work that we have been allocated plays to our skills and interests as much as possible; Veramed is a good place to develop professionally. Employees are not expected to do overtime and the workload is manageable. Overall, I have very much enjoyed my time at Veramed so far.

Cons

Perks are reasonable for a company of this size; maybe could improve as the company grows.

Commercial Director

Thanks for the feedback - we're always reviewing our perks and trying to make sure that we are competitive in the market. As the company grows we will hopefully be able to provide more options and benefits.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Jan 4, 2018 - Statistician in Twickenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management care about the staff, are approachable, flexible and transparent about company plans/developments Line and project managers are supportive and motivating Nice, friendly colleagues and a good amount of social activity Good amount and variety of work with a focus on quality rather than churning work out Plenty of opportunities for development and learning The Twickenham office is in a great location - right next to the station, shops, numerous places to buy lunch and 5 minutes' walk to the river

Cons

Some benefits such as pension, sick pay and annual leave are not quite as good as some previous places I've worked (before becoming a Statistician). However, for a small company in the private sector I think they are reasonable and other benefits such as a private healthcare plan and bonus are better than I've had previously.

Commercial Director

Thanks for the feedback, we will certainly do our best as the company evolves and grows to keep it special.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

The grass was definitely greener!

Sep 1, 2017 - Statistician
    Business Outlook

Pros

- There is a genuine focus on "Quality First" to drive efficiency, which is very refreshing having seen this slip in my previous company. - Fantastically friendly culture within the company where everyone seems happy to help each other out no matter how big or small the request is. - Senior management are very approachable and easily accessible. - Staff are not overworked.

Cons

Hard to think of any, but the process surrounding promotions could be made slightly clearer.

Commercial Director

Thanks for your review and feedback, we have been working on making the process clearer around promotions and what would be required. We have also developed a skills development matrix which will help to highlight any skills of a role with which you need to develop and can receive guidance and support from your line manager.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Everything you want in an Employer!

Aug 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Twickenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The structure of the company and backbone of systems is well thought through. Management are approachable, there is no level of ‘them and us’ here at all. They invest in their staff and there are constant opportunities to grow and develop through the company (2 months ago, three staff got promoted). There is a good work/life balance at the firm, no one seems so overloaded with work they are working long unattainable hours. For me it’s been a calm and collected place to work, while fun at the same time. We often go for lunch or after work drinks together, staff organise social events and the management organise a Summer party and socials too.

Cons

I’ve just wasted 10 minutes of my life trying to think of one and I can’t!

Commercial Director

Thanks very much for your review - we will always promote when we feel people are ready for the next step and not just at the time of an annual review. It will certainly get harder as we do grow to keep the same feel but it's something we will strive to maintain as we evolve.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 1, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team are very approachable and there is a real sense of connection to the company goals mixed with a sense of fun. There's a great atmosphere in both offices (Twickenham and Manchester) - very open and friendly. The work is well planned with quality a top priority and it is a good level of busy. No one seems overloaded and you can ask for help. Good process for promotion/bonuses with assessment of each individual's level. Varied work on both internal and client systems. Opportunities to get involved in recruitment, improvement projects or present/co-ordinate internal meetings such as lunch and learn or training sessions for self development.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Commercial Director

Thanks very much for the feedback - we will endeavour to keep our culture and recognise where we can provide opportunities for staff to engage with the business as we grow and develop over the coming years.

10. 5.0

Vera Happy!

Jan 25, 2017 - Senior Statistical Programmer in Twickenham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management care about the staff Opportunities for development - not just about what staff can do for the company Emphasis on quality and doing things right - not all about the money Friendly, mainly young staff Social aspects, regular lunches together, table tennis tournament, occasional sorties to the pub

Cons

Nothing leaping to mind - even the coffee's good.

Commercial Director

Thanks for your review and glad you're enjoying working at Veramed - we'll make sure the good coffee keeps coming !

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews