Wesleyan Reviews

Found 190 of over 210 reviews

3.5
Wesleyan Chief Executive  Mario Mazzocchi
Mario Mazzocchi
Pros
  • "My boss is flexible, supportive and encourages me to strike the right work life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "people good(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "pay is not fair or transparent, senior management not supportive(in 12 reviews)

• "career progression limited and old fashioned views(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

87 Comments

Finance

26.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Wesleyan~567033
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Exciting times. Lots of change and plenty of opportunity. Friendly and helpful people. Great induction

Nov 3, 2021 - Human Resources Business Partner in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am new to Wesleyan, currently in my fourth week. Everyone I have met so far have been so helpful and generous with their time to support me in understanding the business and who to go to for what. My line manager and team have really supported me a great induction. The customer is at the heart of the businesses transformation which is brilliant. So much opportunity to help shape the future.

Cons

I am in week 4 and no cons for me right now.

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We're so pleased that you have found your first month or so at Wesleyan to be so rewarding, and that you feel so supported by the wider team and business. We're sure this has been said many times over the last 4 weeks.... but welcome to Wesleyan!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

good

Nov 18, 2021 - Project Support Manager in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible, good benefits, fun people

Cons

management structure and career progressions

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We're so pleased that you continue to find working at Wesleyan such a positive experience, and really do appreciate the kind comments around flexibility, benefits and our amazing people! Wesleyan

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Working @ the Wes.

Nov 25, 2021 - Software Engineer in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working arrangements. Central Location. Training opportunities. 35 hr working week.

Cons

I can't really find a downside to working at the Wesleyan, maybe I have just been fortunate or flexible enough to navigate my way through my chosen career path.

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. It is very much appreciated. We're so pleased that you are finding our smart working approach to be beneficial, as well as the training opportunities. Thanks again. Wesleyan

4. 4.0

Cares about their employees

Nov 18, 2021 - Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good holiday/bank hols off - paid sickness - flexible hours - good reputation - generous pension

Cons

- not enough pay for what is expected sometimes (SRC)minimum 21k but this is only 19.5k and sometimes you are doing more than expected

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this Glassdoor review. Your thoughts are very much appreciated and it's great to see you list a number of positives relating to things like our pensions, reputation, work/life balance and management. In regards to salary, these are benchmarked against others in the industry and will differ based on roles and responsibilities too. We also do try to support any career progression aspirations, and really do value the fantastic work being done by the team(s) in SRC. Thank you. Wesleyan.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work with the ability to make a difference

Nov 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company that has supported its staff throughout the pandemic with flexible working, a gratitude day and now a new transformation bonus for 2022. Lots of ability to influence real change and make a difference to our customers. The people here really care about each other and want to do their very best. Our new smart working policy gives everyone more flexibility on where they work, most of us just come in a day or two week which is great.

Cons

Need a better careers site for attracting new employees!

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We're pleased that you feel you can make a real difference to our customers, and that you find the smart working approach to be so beneficial. We're also pleased that you recognise how much people care about each other at Wesleyan. We really do believe we offer a friendly and collaborative culture. Thanks again. Wesleyan.

6. 4.0

Good employer

Nov 7, 2021 - Regional Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent client base, mutual ethos

Cons

Systems and process could be better

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. It's great that you recognise the strength of our customer and member base, and our mutual ethos... it really is something to be proud of. As for systems and processes... hopefully you will have already seen and felt some of the improvements that have been made in this regard, in recent years. We're undergoing significantly transformation at the moment, so hope things will soon be even better too. Thanks again. Wesleyan

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very good company

Nov 2, 2021 - Financial Consultant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice culture, lots of support and opportunities to develop yourself. Very flexible in working hours

Cons

Can be long hours and work lots of evenings.

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It is very much appreciated. Your feedback around flexibility and opportunities for development is especially pleasing to read, especially as we lean into our new smart working principles. Wesleyan.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good ethics and values

Oct 24, 2021 - Training in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great location, good balance of home and office based working. They really looked after us during Covid and continue to do so. I have felt grateful to work for them during this time. They have good values and genuinely strive to make a positive difference in the world, this resonates with me. Lots of opportunities to develop.

Cons

Systems aren't great but are improving. Pay isn't as competitive as other places but the rest of the benefits package is good

Wesleyan

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this lovely review. We're so pleased that you continue to feel 'looked after' and that you recognise the opportunities we offer for people to develop. Our values are key, as a proud mutual, it is so important that this is felt by our employees and our wider members. Thanks again. Wesleyan

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Welcoming place to work, and looks after their people.

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Really welcoming for new joiners, both within own team and elsewhere. - Smart/hybrid working has been really well managed - and it is great to go into the office, with a strong community culture. - Board accessibility through "Meet the Board" is excellent, and very engaging. - It's true that the Company encourages and empowers people to help them make a difference. My boss is really supportive and gives me the autonomy and support to do my job. - Great work being done by Diversity / Inclusion Network groups. - Strong culture of giving feedback and praise including a great recognition scheme which gives generous awards. - CEO is personable and genuine, and has set out a clear strategy - feels like a big agenda but an exciting place to work!

Cons

Some of the systems and processes are quite manual but improvements are being made to this all the time.

1 person found this review helpful

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a fantastic review. We're so pleased that you found your time at Wesleyan so enjoyable and empowering. We're always striving to do more to support employees, so your feedback on our smart working setup, as well as initiatives such as 'Meet the Board' are very much appreciated. Take care. Wesleyan.

10. 3.0

Nice place to work

Nov 4, 2021 - Relationship Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work,good management and recognition

Cons

Opportunities for progression seem limited and slow

Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. It is very much valued and appreciated. We're pleased that you find Wesleyan a nice place to work, and that you feel recognised for good work by management. We're sorry to read that you feel progression seems limited, but would urge you to seek a conversation (if you haven't already) with your line manager to discuss your aspirations. There is lots of access to self-development and supported development too on WeLearn, that may also be of use. Thanks again. Wesleyan

Viewing 1 - 10 of 190 Reviews