Wesleyan Reviews

3.4
Wesleyan Chief Executive  Mario Mazzocchi
Mario Mazzocchi
Pros
Cons
  • "pay is not fair or transparent, senior management not supportive(in 12 reviews)

• "career progression limited and old fashioned views(in 8 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Exciting organisation to work for"

Current Employee - Head of Change Management in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Wesleyan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clear strategy, credible plans and an impress set of executives running it.

Cons

None that I have seen so far.

February 10, 2021Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We are pleased to read of your experience to date. Wesleyan

2. "Ambitious company that cares deeply about its customers and colleagues"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Wesleyan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture and opportunity to develop

Cons

Pace of change is growing

April 30, 2021Wesleyan

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review. We really do appreciate it, and it is fantastic to see that our culture and the opportunities for people to grow within the Society are being recognised. Take care. Wesleyan.

3. "Wesleyan"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Wesleyan full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great Clients, Great Proposition, Great Potential in the market place

Cons

Managed like a bank assurance , overly target driven sometimes ruthlessly. Stressful and requires long hours. Long term relationships with clients are expected as part of the job but short term results are always the priority.

May 5, 2021Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're pleased that you recognise the potential - and more importantly - the proposition. We are always looking to balance both short-term and long-term goals, and client relationships should be at the forefront of everything we do. if you have any suggestions on how we may be able to further improve, please email: engagement@Wesleyan.co.uk

4. COVID-19

"Awful - do not work here"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England

I worked at Wesleyan part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Before lockdown the location of working in the city centre was brilliant and the staff are lovely and nice to be around

Cons

To the company you are just a cog that pushes out numbers. They do not care about your well-being and how you are faring with the new changes in the world. I have lost family and friends, I was isolating at home and not coping very well with the new way of life but Wesleyan do not care. They expect you to work as if nothings happened and even worse they expect you to work harder than before from home which is impossible. All they care about are their effectiveness and productivity stats and will push workers to their limit to get it. No bonuses, no pay rises and no room for growth. However they do provide you with twice the work to do which is just great isn’t the it.

"Nepotism"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England, England

I worked at Wesleyan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None. Nothing. Zilch. Zero. Nowt.

Cons

Is your dad on the board of directors? Because if he is, you will be chosen over more knowledgeable and friendly candidates for the 2 year Financial Consultant Training. Despite your incompetence, if daddy wants you to leapfrog people, you will. 1000 Black Interns? This is virtue signalling at it's finest. What about, let's just be fair to everyone and give the best suited that job. Unconscious bias should be addressed. Best friends with the manager? You can laugh at others, bully them and receive a better end of year rating for less work! You can also be late every day, take random days off and face no consequences. Do you want your pension statement? Well, you might get it, or you might not, or you might get it 18 months after you need it, or we might send it to the wrong place. Like being micromanaged? We can do this better than anyone else in the field. Like fudging stats to help Wesleyan look better than it is? It is all they care about. The place is rotten to the core with over complicated archaic methods, daily security breaches and systems that do not work. Are you a contractor? Great, we can employ you for about £600 per day to pop in and have a coffee, have a few meetings about yesterdays meetings about the day before's meetings and then go home.

6. "Good"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Birmingham, England, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Wesleyan full-time for less than a year

Pros

established business with a long standing reputation

Cons

Very hierarchical and lots of people busy being busy

April 30, 2021Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We do have a long-standing reputation, having been established 180 years ago. Our work with communities, clients and employees is something we are very proud of, and we believe is what makes Wesleyan the place that it is. However, we are sorry to read that you think the business is too hierarchical , as we empower our staff and encourage each and every person to make a difference., regardless of position. If you would like to share further information, please email engagement@wesleyan.co.uk. Thank you.

7. "Review Headline for working"

4.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Birmingham, England, England

I worked at Wesleyan full-time

Pros

Flexibility in the job is challenging

Cons

Access to IT can be difficult

March 17, 2021Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Feedback is always appreciated. Wesleyan.

8. "Job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Client Relationship Coordinator in Birmingham, England, England

I worked at Wesleyan full-time

Pros

Good pay and competitive bonus scheme

Cons

I can’t think of any

March 5, 2021Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review of your time at Wesleyan. We wish you every success wherever your next career move takes you. Kindest regards. Wesleyan.

9. "Curates egg"

Former Employee - Field Representative

I worked at Wesleyan full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good advisors, genuine people able to offer decent advice within their limited range

Cons

Products are inflexible, mid rate to high charges and HO systems not fit for purpose, despite rebuild. Lots of people getting carried, favouritism rife, management quality varies widely

March 1, 2021Wesleyan

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are surprised by your comment about management not listening, as we conduct quarterly employee opinion surveys (where we consistently receive strong scores AND receive information and feedback on what could be improved) and also encourage all employees to share feedback via their line managers or through various initiatives including our Partnerships Council and various 'Champions' calls. Nevertheless, we hope you enjoyed your time at Wesleyan and wish you well in your future career. Thank you.

10. COVID-19

"Good company"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Wesleyan full-time

Pros

Good company new management exciting future

Cons

Uncertainty due to Covid 19

Viewing 1 - 10 of 148 Reviews