ZEAL Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

ZEAL Group Reviews

Updated 13 Dec 2018

Found 16 reviews

4.3
ZEAL Group CEO Dr. Helmut Becker (no image)
Dr. Helmut Becker
  1. "Great place to work and develop skills"

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time

Pros

- Great environment and colleagues, you can feel comfortable at work - Your opinion is appreciated and valued - Variety of opportunities to learn on the job - Great benefits (gym membership, financial support for further education, healthcare and pension including advise) - Great company events and travel

Cons

There is room for improvement when it comes to communication, structure, and processes. This is however a great opportunity to contribute and improve, which is highly welcomed.

ZEAL Group2018-09-27

October 10, 2018Employer Representative

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate your feedback and take it into account.

"Mediocre Company with no growth strategy"

Current Employee - Management in London, England

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are really nice, there is a free breakfast on Mondays and the work life balance is very good - rarely anyone leaves the office later than 5:00pm.

Cons

The company gets outcompeted left and right and has no idea on how to grow its business. It has not had a success since 2015. Upper management is not able to solve this problem. Very limited career possibilities.

Advice to Management

Develop a working growth strategy - your employees and investors have been asking you for that for years now and nothing happens.

ZEAL Group2018-12-13

"Most Unstable Company Ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ZEAL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Monday Breakfast and fruits - The people are nice to work with - Nice offices and flexible working hours

Cons

- High turnover of people - Constant change of management - Constant restructures leaving people without jobs from one day to another - No development or career path If you're looking for a secure and stable job, then I'd recommend you stay away from this place.

ZEAL Group2018-10-18

October 24, 2018Employer Representative

Thanks for your feedback. Ambitious, growing companies like ZEAL need to constantly evolve to keep pushing forward. We understand that, for some, change is not always easy. But we are always fair to our people and do our best to make any changes as smooth as possible.

4. "Analytics"

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time

Pros

Friendly culture which encourages debates, autonomy, flexibility and openness. It's hard to find a company which treats employees as well as Zeal and I have been here for over 8 years now.

Cons

Company needs to be more risk taking but it's already changing and getting there within the constraints.

August 28, 2018Employer Representative

Thanks for your lovely comment and you are right, taking risks and embracing change is very important.

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work, with a great office dynamic. Work is both rewarding and challenging in equal parts. Company is keen to develop and promote staff internally.

Cons

High Staff turnover - leads to an ever changing working environment. Company direction is also unclear.

October 10, 2018Employer Representative

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment, and it is good to hear that you find your work rewarding. Indeed the attrition has increased slightly in London whereas the overall attrition of Zeal for all locations is even decreasing. For companies our size and our branch ...

6. "A good place to work"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The top management is very approachable and helpful Gives you freedom and a good budget for learning Excellent location in central London Company turning a new leaf with a start-up/incubator based thinking Top marks to HR team culture! Promote new ideas and even help mentor the ideas

Cons

Can sometimes get frustrating to work with so many different silos No real process or management drive to learn from failures - left to individuals

7. "Sr Devloper"

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in London, England

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

cutting edge technology used for platform, a lot of flexibility in tooling

Cons

a bit of over-engineering for some platform

Advice to Management

open wider for ideas

ZEAL Group2018-06-21

June 25, 2018Employer Representative

Thanks for leaving a review. We are glad you are having the flexibility and can be creative at work. Please also talk to your manager about any concerns you might have about engineering.

8. "Excellent work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

nice, modern office break area has got ping pong table, XBox breakfast :serials, veetabix, coffee machine, different types of milk (almond, soya, etc) monday 30 mins meeting to keep everyone up to date with news/updates from different teams flowers to all new starters on a first day great people, super friendly and easy to approach (desite on the level of seniority), everyne is so easy going very good benefits...,i.e. gym discount, pension contribution, 28 days holidays

Cons

Can't think of any..

Advice to Management

they are the best :)

ZEAL Group2018-03-04

March 5, 2018Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your review, it´s really good to hear that our employees are happy.

9. "Working at Zeal"

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work, excellent atmosphere: relaxed, no micromanagement, empowered and given autonomy. Excellent office space with lots of perks and benefits such as weekly drinks trolley, everyday breakfast, fresh fruit, biscuits and nuts plus competitive gym benefit, pension and private healthcare offerings.

Cons

No clear career development program.

ZEAL Group2017-11-22

November 27, 2017Employer Representative

Thank you for your review. It´s really good to hear you enjoy the office perks and atmosphere. We really value our employee´s feedback, and it´s important to us that our people feel supported. We offer many learning and development courses to assist in career progression and believe ...

10. "Innovation hungry company with great work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Business Development in London, England

I have been working at ZEAL Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Get a chance to work with some of the best and smartest in the industry - There are a lot of chances to bring in your own ideas and work on what really interests you - There is a massive appetite for innovative thinking - Your work is valued and the work-life balance is exceptional

Cons

- In some areas this is still a young company so be prepared to think entrepreneurially

ZEAL Group2017-11-28

December 5, 2017Employer Representative

That´s the spirit, smart, innovative, exceptional and entrepreneurial, that´s what we like to hear :). But joking aside, thank you for your positive and honest feedback!

Found 16 reviews