easyJet Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.2
easyJet Chief Executive Officer Johan Lundgren
Johan Lundgren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits including staff travel" (in 44 reviews)

• "Really fast paced and loads to do" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, short notice roster changes but still a great company" (in 26 reviews)

• "Work/life balance still needs to get better - trust people to WFH" (in 9 reviews)

"Fast-growing Data Science team in the wannabe most data-driven airline in the world!"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With the recent investments in the latest cloud technologies and the appointment of a Chief Data Officer, this is the best time ever to be a Data Scientist at easyJet.

The team is very laid back & friendly and still medium sized (around 15 data scientists) but it will be twice as big in the next 12-18 months.

The most interesting part of the job is the broad range of projects you could end up working on (and in such a complicated business!), which is quite a unique opportunity -- unless you work for a consulting firm.

Also, given the scale of the business, a successful project could easily have a huge impact on the company revenue/profit, which is quite rewarding.

Very supportive and competent senior management. There's budget for personal development and training (online courses, conferences, books, etc.).

With the expansion of the team, there's lot of room for career progression for anyone who has the ambition of becoming a future leader. Salary is in the average of data science market in London area. Staff travel tickets are great!

Cons

Poor facilities, in particular IT equipment (such as monitors), and noisy open-space office (not ideal for coding and staying focused). But management is aware of the issue and is taking concrete actions to fix it. A much better workspace is expected to be delivered in the next couple of months.

IT service desk can be extremely painful to go through, especially for the initial setup.

Advice to Management

Work harder to get your employees better working conditions and their productivity will grow massively. So said, keep believing in the power of data, you really have a chance to reshape this company!

2. "Amazing place to work as a data scientist"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic, growing Data Science team with very smart but casual people. Everyone is easygoing. There are a lot of PhDs so there is a semi-academic research environment.

- Excellent work/life balance with the right amount of pressure to keep you on track but not to overstress you.

- Challenging and interesting projects with real impact on millions of passengers per month. One of the few cases that your work does change the world.

- Compensation is above the market average and the benefits are good, e.g, stuff travel, shares scheme, bike to work etc.

- The company overall has a very inspiring atmosphere. People dream big and there is this orange family vibe that truly makes you feel part of the organisation.

Cons

- If you decide to live in London, commuting can take between 30min and 1.5 hr.

- The current infrastructure is being upgraded and the building is being renovated. While it will be amazing in 2-3 years, currently it looks a bit old-fashioned.

- At the moment there are no complimentary drinks and fruits for employees although soon the company will introduce them.

Advice to Management

While the two genders are balanced in the company, the technical teams seem to have more males. While this is representative of the market, the management should try to attract more females in technical positions.

Keep up the good work and keep the communication channels with the team open. The team is growing rapidly so try no to lose this feat. It is what makes the team fantastic.

19 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi. First of all thank you for taking the time to leave this review & wow, what a lovely review it is! The pros you mention are exactly what we try to perceive ourselves as in the market so we are... More

3. "Good place to work in general"

Current Employee - Training Captain in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Training Captain in Bristol, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Salary. Share schemes. Choice of bases. Career prog

Cons

Work very hard. Company can be take take take.

Advice to Management

Listen to your work force

10 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for your review. You make reference to several points that we are away of and are working hard to resolve; but I am also pleased to hear our benefits are a PRO for yo. Please... More

"great dynamic company with good opportunities"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Support career aspirations and development

Cons

can be a little busy and a 40 hour week as standard

19 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for leaving your review. Please continue your hard work with us, and all the best for your career here.

5. "Wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Test Analyst in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Test Analyst in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work with. Very friendly people.

Cons

No much fun at work. Everyone is too focused only on work and their is very less fun arranged by company or team.

2 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for your review. It is always great to hear our employees review us positively. You make a valid point regarding social / fun, but the Culture Committee do organise a fair... More

6. "easyJet Salary"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in London, England
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in London, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good company to work for, great people, respect towards the employee.

Cons

Fixed Term Contracts, employees are not offered extension of contract upon expiry and if good performance are being called back for another seasonal contract, first few months are quite hard as sector pay comes one month in arrears.

Advice to Management

Keep the employees that worth to be kept and look beyond numbers on paper.

11 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. You make a very good point around the fixed term contracts and one that I will flag to the recruitment team.
     Please continue your... More

7. "IT Service Desk Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

I worked at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not so good place to work

Cons

Prioritize citizens and doesn't look for talent

2 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi. It is a shame to receive a 1 star review from a former employee, when we can't change your experience but we will do our best in the future. Thanks

"Very Good Company"

Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Gatwick, England
    Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Gatwick, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are lot of Pros, main one is that you work mainly with friendly and lovely people

Cons

Sometimes Long hours, when flights are affected by delays, but this is mainly Gatwick Airport problem which very congested. However this is nature of this industry.

22 Aug 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review! Your positive review & approach is what makes an amazing crew member. Please continue your hard work at the heart of the... More

9. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vibrant culture, a good place for innovators and people with a passion for great customer service, a growing and highly successful business with a great business model and a Good executive management team

Cons

Very lean culture, high level of ambiguity, can be quite chaotic and difficult to get things done

Advice to Management

Focus

11 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. We are very proud of out culture and people; but are also aware that as we grow in size and scale, our lean culture and processes can... More

10. "Cabin manager"

Current Employee - Cabin Crew Supervisor in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Cabin Crew Supervisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at easyJet part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people
    Good core values

Cons

Long hours
    Sometimes Hard to get leave allocation

Advice to Management

Great team support from the base management

22 Aug 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review! It is amazing to hear you have worked for us for over 10years - we are truly grateful. It is always nice to hear people... More