easyJet Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 October 2017

UK - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

4.1

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • How long does it take before family gets added to your staff travel (in 34 reviews)

• The working environment is great, especially if you like to work with people from all over Europe (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours can be very tiring and if you (in 16 reviews)

• Exciting but work/life balance has to be managed (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fun, vibrant, fast-paced Head office"

Current Employee - Communications in Luton, South West England, England
    Current Employee - Communications in Luton, South West England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at easyJet is really fun. It is a bold and vibrant place to work, they do fun things for their employees. The company is huge, so it's hard to get to know everyone. There is a great environment even in tough moments. It is not for everyone, but if you match the "orange spirit" and type of person they're looking for it is a great place to work.

Great to work pan-European.

Cons

Location is tough; if you don't live in the area you will hate the commute, traffic is awful. You have to park in a car park and get a bus to and from the office, so it adds around 10-15 mins to your commute.

They work you hard, there's lots of be done and as it's a 24 hour operation and the expectation of work emails being on all the time is there at Head Office, like most large companies.

Advice to Management

Spend money on your people, make them feel valued.

13 Sep 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hello, thank you for your review. We are really glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with us; and really appreciate the honest feedback and advice you have given. Good luck with the rest of... More

2. "Excellent Company Culture"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Gatwick, England
    Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Gatwick, England

I worked at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with fantastic colleagues
    Fair pay structure
    Staff Travel
    Excellent Training

Cons

Be prepared for early starts

20 Oct 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review. Although you no longer work for us, we thank you for all your hard work and wish you all the best with your future!

3. "Cabin Crew"

Current Employee - Cabin Crew in London, England
    Current Employee - Cabin Crew in London, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Hours, but it's cabin crew so everywhere is the same-ish.

Advice to Management

Value your employees a bit more and you'd be the best company to work for.

20 Oct 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for y our 5 star review! Keep up the brilliant work on the front line.

5. "cabin crew at gatwick"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely nice company to start in the industry, competitive pay compared to other airlines.

Cons

Work timing, work with different people every day, passengers can be very annoying

20 Oct 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your review! Keep up the hard work on the operation, we really do appreciate everything you do.

6. "Cabincrew manager"

Current Employee - Cabin Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Cabin Manager in London, England

I have been working at easyJet part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Why we should be doing this particular job

Cons

Late departures as we get delayed

Advice to Management

We need more flights out

29 Sep 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review! Keep up the hard work on our front line, we really do appreciate all you guys do. Thanks,

7. "Good job"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Glasgow, Scotland
    Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Glasgow, Scotland

I worked at easyJet part-time

Pros

Free crew good and staff travel. Decent money for what you’re doing. Good fun working with different people

Cons

Long hours can be very tiring and if you’re delayed you don’t get any extra pay for it.

Advice to Management

Reduce the early shifts to 2 sector days or only four short sectors as it can be exhausting when you’re up so early

23 Oct 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review - happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, on our front line. We wish you all the best with your future. Thanks again

"Cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Cabin Crew in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent salary, great commission great staff travel very caring and informative best move I have made

Cons

Galleys small in the a320

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

9 Oct 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hi, thank you so much for your 5 star review. Great to hear you are enjoying your time with us so much. Keep up the hard work! Thanks

"Nice Company"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made to feel very welcome from the start, nice people to work with.
    Talking to other people who have been at the company for 15 years - and to me that speaks for itself meaning they treat there staff well.
    Management are approachable, glad I got the job.
    Opportunities for career progression

Cons

There are some very immature processes and some dis-organisation , but I place this down to bad management

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff

29 Sep 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience of working for easyJet & for the constructive comments. We are really glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with us so... More

"Orange spirit"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easyJet allows their employees to reach their full potential. A lot of workshops for both cabin crew and cabin managers. Very structured work force and such a driven bunch of people. Many people show passion which runs through the company. Leave is great and staff travel is brilliant. A lot of benefits and plenty of time off. Great pay but a lot of work. Mostly great people who can become good friends. Although big bases are harder to make friends, you do find friends.

Cons

easyJet have high standards which can rub people up the wrong way. Sickness policy is very strict. You do not get paid of home standby, turnarounds or delays. (Although you can request a disruption payment if delayed for over 2 hours). Some crew are malicious and some cabin managers tend to bully younger and newer crew members. Gossip is common and reputations are not unknown. Long days and summers are brutal. Winter is better but standbys are more common so pay is a lot less.

Advice to Management

Listen to crew opinions. Especially about sickness and other crew. Keep up the good work with everything else!

9 Oct 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hi, thank you very much for your review. Whilst you make some good points, I am pleased to see you are enjoying your time with us. We really appreciate all you do at the heart of our operation, and... More

11. "Initial thoughts"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time

Pros

Great company to work for - forget what you "thought" you know from there is a whole lot more going on which you if you want to commit get involved with.

It's a dynamic and demanding, you have to expect to put in the effort to get the rewards - buts it's there for the grabbing.

The teams are on the whole great, welcoming accommodating supportive, but you get the odd one or two but hey on the basis of other places not so much.

Cons

Its not a place to be a wall flower - and if you don't like change it's not for you - Be prepared to commit, throw in your pound and a half of flesh and get your hands dirty is mandatory - best advise manage you work/life balance they expect a lot from employees but they also expect to work with the employees to get this right.

Location could be a problem and the additional of 10-15mins each way bus journey at the beginning and end of the day takes some dedication.

Advice to Management

Customers our are king, they come first no matter what, but basic IT in the offices is not helping to support our customers

10 Oct 2017 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. You make some good comments, but pleased to see you are enjoying your time with us. Keep up the hard work, thanks