easyJet Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.1
easyJet Chief Executive Officer Johan Lundgren
Johan Lundgren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits including staff travel" (in 47 reviews)

• "Really fast paced and loads to do" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard to get used to the long hours and variable start times" (in 27 reviews)

• "Work/life balance still needs to get better - trust people to WFH" (in 9 reviews)

"Great place to work. Very good atmosphere"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very interesting projects to work on.
    Growing company and team. CEO stating "easyJet aims to stay as the most data driven airline of the world".
    Very good atmosphere in the data science team.
    Projects regarding optimisation, prediction and statistical testing in different areas of the business like revenue management, operations planning and analysis, engineering & maintenance...

Cons

Staff travel is only possible with easyJet. No ZED agreements, no staff travel with other airlines :(

14 Jan 2019 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us - we hope you carve a great career for yourself here. Thanks

2. "Great"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Gatwick, England

I worked at easyJet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easyjet loves their employees

Cons

The pay isn't as goog as Ba

"Okay place to work"

Current Employee - Office Worker in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Office Worker in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good flexible working time
    Management can be nice depending on who you have

Cons

Facilities are dreadful
    Hard work to get to
    Hot desking culture as company hiring in a very small hangar with no room for expansion

Advice to Management

Move the head office it's being outgrown.

4. "Really bad"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Manchester, England

I worked at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Permenant contracts are given out frequently

Cons

I came here from another airline and have been shocked at how it runs.
    You work long hours and with no breaks it's very tiring days off are spent recovering.
    Four sectors days with few minutes from each passenger load coming onboard means you don't even have time to visit the bathroom.
    Rosters are not fairly given out so you could do short routes all month for a small wage or longer for a good one but it's luck of the draw.
    This base is very gossipy and mean and management don't seem to care its quite a miserable place to work. Crew who have been there longest are dissatisfied with the place but I think stay because of shares and benefits and because they have a secure job.
    I wouldnt tell anyone who wants to fly to come to easyJet it really isn't worth it.

Advice to Management

I don't think the crew are very happy and it shows in customer service so maybe they need to look at why.

"Bullying profit hungry orange monster"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Manchester, England

I worked at easyJet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None... Once you've left you realise how poor the pay is and that you're being kept there by ties to your shares!

Cons

Fatigue which is a huge issue amongst crew and flight deck!
    One passed away of a heart attack whilst fighting them in court over this!
    Bullying from management down!
    If you issues regarding safety or other crew aren't at all related to boosting profit then they don't want to know! Not even a visiting the police over harrasment interests management as keeping crew seperated hinders the program thereby hindering profits!
    Only those without a shred of integrity get anywhere in this company and the few good souls are miserable!
    The lure of a permanent contract seems to keep people applying but it's just a ploy to keep crewing levels afficient or else turnover would be high!
    Repetitive strain and chronic back and neck pain is widespread
    Crew clean the aircraft up to four or five times a day
    On some routes breaks aren't acheivable which contributes to fatigue
    Management only care about money and targets

Advice to Management

You don't listen to anyone who brings anything negative to you attention especially when it comes to bullying. You'll only learn when it hits your bank balance or when you're successfully sued!

"Bullying Culture poses grave safety risk"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Gatwick, England

I worked at easyJet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Size of company means lots of positions and opportunities for progression. Slightly above industry average pay. A few very passionate and lovely people here and there at all levels (albeit not enough). Ex-EZY crew might just be some of the most resilient and hard working in the world.

Cons

Sole priority is shareholder dividends creating toxic profit-centric culture that sends a torrent of bullying and bureaucracy downwards. End result passengers are treated like cattle and only dysfunctional individuals who love drama tend to stay on. Decent crew face a bewildering network of obstacles if they attempt to do a good job. The few good people they have literally hold up the company like the Greek God Atlas used to hold up the earth.

When you attempt to report a safety issue at LGW you are treated like the sole cause of the problem and are then placed under microscopic scrutiny and fired for the most trivial breach of the labyrinthine network of rules. A cynic might speculate the rules are made complex to facilitate this process. At some points I considered going directly to the Civil Aviation Authority with my concerns but the realisation that I would probably end up in court defeated my resolve to do the right thing.

To give an example of managements incompetence: There was an ongoing issue with batteries in the hand held sales terminals going flat due to age. Three years went by and this wasn’t resolved. A phone call to the manufacturer revealed that I could have, personally, with my own credit card, sorted out half the aircraft at my base in about 7 days. Yet, the company would rather convene committees and sub-committees to scratch their heads, draft reports, find blame and create bureaucratic quick sand everywhere than actually just buy some new damn batteries. One time they had crew bringing toilet rolls from home because a dispute with a supplier was leaving their aircraft with no toilet paper and cabin crew were sick of the unhygienic conditions it created and the generally {censored} working environment.

There is a book by economics professor David Graeber (title of which I cannot say, google it) that explains the flaws of companies like easyJet perfectly and would have helped me avoid this hell on earth company if I’d have read it earlier.

Advice to Management

The fact that you had to fire a load of people because of an Orgy on a bus at a company rewards event is somewhat telling. The only people capable of giving you the advice you need are the ones you hold in the highest contempt because your egos simply prevent you from interpreting reality in a helpful way. We could literally engrave a list of the company problems on the tip of a Tungsten artillery shell, load it into a cannon, fire it up your noses and you still wouldn’t take notice. Senior captain once told me the only practical solution would be a company wide purge of 90% of all managers.

7. "1 orange year equals 2 elsewhere"

Current Employee - Public Relations in Luton, South West England, England
    Current Employee - Public Relations in Luton, South West England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flat organization with lots of exciting interactions, responsibilities and great exposure. Good environment for autonomous individuals seeking for cross functional learning opportunities.

Cons

Can't think of any cons apart from centralized decision making which can be bothersome to those employees remotely located

2 Jan 2019 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you for leaving your 5 star review. We would also like to thank you for your hard work and commitment over the years you have been here. Looking forward to another exciting year for... More

"Cabin Crew"

Former Employee - Cabin Crew in Gatwick, England

I worked at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good staff travel rates
    travel the world
    make friends

Cons

lots of hard work
    angry passengers to deal with
    very long shifts
    working on birthday , Christmas an new years
    the more you work the more the money you can make !

14 Jan 2019 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. You highlight the Pros that we pride ourselves on, but we also appreciate your honesty with the Cons. All the best with your future... More

9. "Excellent friendly working environment."

Current Employee - Captain in London, England
    Current Employee - Captain in London, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid financial growth and business structure
    Excellent Training Department
    New Aircraft fleet
    Great Internal opportunities
    Wide Variety of Destinations

Cons

Hard work during Summer
    Long delays from Main airports

2 Jan 2019 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review. We really appreciate all that you do at the heart of our operation and understand that summer can be very hard. We hope the... More

10. "Pilot manager"

Current Employee - Pilot Manager in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Pilot Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities, benifits, vibrant, dynamic, fun

Cons

Flexibility, loyalty scheme, it systems need to catch up

14 Nov 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. A 5 star review from an employee who has been here over 10 years is really something! We continue to provide opportunities and make... More