flatfair Reviews

Updated 4 Nov 2020

4.4
flatfair CEO Franz Doerr (no image)
Franz Doerr
  1. Featured Review

"Fantastic company, great culture and overall a very exciting company to be part of!"

Current Employee - Strategic Relationship Manager in York, England

I have been working at flatfair full-time

Pros

Great leadership Fantastic product A well engaged team who are happy to collaborate and share ideas, views and ways of working

Cons

None that I have encountered, everyone is really friendly and although there are changes, these are positive, inclusive and take into account the interests of the company, the team and its customers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this as a great place to work!

"A fast paced job on the frontline of bringing tech to the renting sector"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at flatfair full-time

Pros

- Incredible hands-on experience of working for an innovative start up looking to shake up an antiquated market - Best in class in house tech team who are able to turn ideas into product features - Responsibility is given freely and there is a large emphasis on employee development - Experienced management team and flat hierarchy where all senior members of the company are always readily available despite being busy

Cons

- Startup teething issues around having enough product resource to go around the business - Startups are inherently uncertain which means the workload can come in thick and fast, so you need to be prepared to be disciplined and have the ability to prioritise multitask - The estate agency industry can often be quite reluctant to change and innovation

3. "Misleading reviews. Misleading customers"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at flatfair full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the surface a great startup business to be part of. Colleagues (used to be) passionate and engaged. Attempts at fun, vibrant culture.

Cons

CEO thinks a lot of himself and is never around. Management lack any real business acumen or substance. Non refundable fees are charged to the customer who is generally too desperate to notice until the end of the tenancy. Sinking ship.

October 21, 2020Head of People

Thank you for leaving your review. Our aim at flatfair has always been to create a safe and supportive working environment for our team, as we firmly believe our people are our most important asset. We always welcome feedback we get from current or former team members about how we can improve. We are sorry your experience at flatfair is not currently a positive one. We make sure that everyone at flatfair knows how to raise issues and concerns and have public policies in place to support anyone with legitimate grievances. One of our core values is transparency, especially in how we interact with our customers. Customers are aware of our fees before taking any of our products and they pay these up-front, before a tenancy begins.

4. COVID-19

"Huge Disappointment"

1.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at flatfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exposure to a scale-up Good office manager CEO respected but rarely seen in office Switched-on team who (once) gave a lot to the company

Cons

I joined flatfair partly because of the Glassdoor reviews, but these did not reflect my experience. Behind 'Friday lunches' and 'Puppies at work' is a weak structure, financial concerns and an increasingly unhappy and confused workforce. There was no real experience of professional Account Management from the COO - often felt more like a pushy sales manager than leader of a scale up. HR process and support was non existent. Multiple instances of sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour were reported to management and these complaints were widely known to be suppressed & undealt with.

In the best instances these were abysmally handled. Obviously it is your choice but if you are a female I would be weary of joining for this reason. When complaints were made, about the above or other business related concerns, employees are essentially told to ‘put up or shut up’ making it hard for us to speak out.
 No flexible working or WFH options pre-Covid, unless you had a 'good reason' (for example a doctors appointment). This would not be a 'con' had it not been sold in as a benefit during interview phase. This did vary from team to team, however. Constantly moving goal posts, restructures and KPIs, regardless of seniority mean it is near impossible to reach your targets. Even early employees are shown little respect for the work they have put in when push comes to shove. It was disheartening and sad to see how devoted employees were treated. People are let go randomly. You will notice a Slack profile deactivated and it will not be addressed management, just an empty desk and a quick company update in the morning.

Continue reading

August 20, 2020Marketing Manager

Thank you for leaving your review. Our aim at flatfair has always been to create a safe and supportive working environment for our team, as we firmly believe our people are our most important asset. As such, we always welcome feedback we get from current or former team members about how we can improve. As a successful scale-up, we have enjoyed tremendous growth over the past couple of years. Inevitably, the impact of COVID-19 has meant we have recently had to make some incredibly hard decisions to ensure the business is best positioned to be able to respond to the changing needs of landlords, agents and tenants for the long-term. We firmly believe we have done that and remain committed to delivering the best for our clients and our team. In the case of any inappropriate behaviour by staff, we always take these matters extremely seriously and have a rigorous HR policy in place. If any of our team experience or see behaviour they believe is inappropriate, we actively encourage them to report it to us formally, either by speaking to their line manager or our dedicated HR manager. We hold all of our team to the highest standards and we have a rigorous process in place to ensure swift and appropriate action against any individual whose behaviour contravenes these standards.

5. COVID-19

"Incredible company to work for!"

Current Employee - General Counsel

I have been working at flatfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Constant challenges and new ideas to develop and contribute to; super switched on senior management team who are also really approachable and keen to look after and get the best out of every employee; real opportunities to progress and learn new skills; big focus on culture and staying social (even during COVID-19).

Cons

Start-up life means things are constantly changing and can be a bit chaotic at times, but that's only a con if you let it be one (I personally enjoy it)

Continue reading

"good enviroment"

Former Intern - Marketing in London, England

I worked at flatfair for less than a year

Pros

good managers great offcies friendly staff

Cons

fast peace not enough mentorship

"A company like nowhere else"

I have been working at flatfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

Strong vision, fast growth, great product that has real positive impact, and a solid, transparent and supportive team. It's going to go far Whilst the business is growing so quickly, there seems to be a really good opportunity to learn, prove your skills and grow quickly - carving out your space in its future. Really exciting place to be with an amazing culture and strong family feels (not called the flatfam for no reason!) Loads of perks/lunches/group activities (including the pet-friendly office which is amazing)... and whatever you want to bring to the table and get others involved in (e.g. climbing club, gym club) all is welcome

Cons

As a scale up, things are rapidly changing (processes, teams, offices) - so not necessarily to everyone's taste :)

"So far really enjoying the experience"

I have been working at flatfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are nice, approachable and friendly

Cons

So far I have not found any cons

"Amazing first work experience"

Current Intern - Product Intern in London, England

I have been working at flatfair for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and environment. Everyone makes an effort to know everyone. You feel your work and opinion valued. Overall very open to change and growth. Pet friendly office and monthly socials are also a great plus.

Cons

Haven't encountered any cons yet.

September 4, 2019Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review. We're so glad to hear your feedback

"More than I expected! Exciting place to be"

Current Employee - Partnership Manager in London, England

I have been working at flatfair full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the moment I joined, flatfair exceeded my expectations. To summarise just a few of the reasons why I love it: -Incredible team who are hardworking, fun and kind -So much opportunity with ambitious growth plans -You really feel like you are part of something I can honestly say that this is by far one of the greatest places I have ever worked and Im really excited to see what the future holds!

Cons

None so far but with any company growing and changing so fast, we need to make sure we keep the amazing culture.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 English Reviews