learndirect Reviews

Updated May 24, 2022

Found 268 of over 275 reviews

3.2
learndirect CEO Wayne Van Rensburg (no image)
Wayne Van Rensburg
Pros
  • "Rewarding to support learners with their progression(in 26 reviews)

• "Manage your own diary, work from home(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Bad management It’s all about profit with no care about staff or learners(in 30 reviews)

• "senior management could have been more communicative especially during closure period to support managers more(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Teachers

160.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=learndirect~763857
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

May 24, 2022 - Agent in Bournemouth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

The targets are very high

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great working environment

May 5, 2022 - Marketing Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office is a great place to be and full of really nice people. The collaborative atmosphere ensures the best results.

Cons

Sometimes it gets a bit cold and sales staff can be quite loud on the phone.

3. 2.0

Terrible company

May 4, 2022 - Tutor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Only interested in the money

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Apr 25, 2022 - Student Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working with customers was enjoyable

Cons

Management not supportive at all times.

5. 2.0

Apr 13, 2022 - Tutor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyed working with clients and supporting with academic courses

Cons

Lot of nepotism and your face had to fit!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Progression Opportunities

Mar 25, 2022 - Marketing Executive in Bournemouth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since joining learndirect as a Marketing Assistant just over 7 months ago, I have been able to work in a talented marketing team who have helped me grow and move into a Marketing Executive role. During my time here, learndirect have given me the freedom to explore the different areas of marketing and given me time to work out what role I want to specialise in, and this has allowed me to grow massively. Pros: - Progression - Themed Fridays - Birthday off - Perkbox

Cons

- No Hybrid working option

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you providing us with such great feedback about your time at learndirect. We are pleased to hear you enjoy your time at learndirect and that we have been an important part of your career journey.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awful - avoid!!!

Mar 29, 2022 - Sales Executive in Bournemouth, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of any...

Cons

Toxic, poor management, no benefits, bullying from the top down (the CEO regularly made people cry), constantly moving goalposts, no career progression, disorganised and chaotic leadership, leadership only care about lining their own pockets, targets impossible to hit and constantly increasing, unreasonable working hours and was frowned upon to leave on time, changing shift patterns all the time so you can't plan your personal life....awful awful awful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your experience at learndirect. We are sorry to hear that you feel how you do about your time with the business. We are disappointed to read your comments and are keen to understand these in further detail to ensure no one else feels this way in the future. Feedback is very important to us to ensure we are always improving. We are currently focusing on initiatives and improvements for our employee engagement and journey to ensure feedback is only positive moving forwards.

8. 4.0

Great company

Feb 11, 2022 - Tutor in Peterborough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training a on various subjects -

Cons

None to state at this stage

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you providing us with such great feedback about your time at learndirect. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at learndirect and that we have been a part of your career journey.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awful

Mar 16, 2022 - Assessor
      Business Outlook

Pros

None what do ever don’t do it

Cons

Everything horrible form to work for

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry to hear that you have some negative feedback of your time at learndirect, but we thank you for taking the time to provide this. We are continually reviewing employee feedback and would like to assure you that we have taken your feedback on board and are working on initiatives that improve our employee experience.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not worth the stress

Mar 17, 2022 - Trainer in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sorry, there are none. All benefits have been eroded.

Cons

Dissolusioned staff. Bullying managers. Unrealistic targets. Damage to health!

1 person found this review helpful

Viewing 1 - 10 of 268 Reviews

learndirect Reviews FAQs

learndirect has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 275 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at learndirect to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 59% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, learndirect employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at learndirect. This rating has improved by 54% over the last 12 months.

48% of learndirect employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated learndirect 2.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with learndirect Job Seekers