ALDI Deputy Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ALDI Deputy Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at ALDI

2.1

Deputy Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in January 2017.

Interview

Really friendly from the start. Relevant questions. Met by the store manager and introduced to everyone there so I could get feel of the company. Was shown round all the departments and even met some of the suppliers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ALDI

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Milton Keynes, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Sent application in on a Saturday night one week later on a Sunday received information to have an interview the following Friday. With a area manager who was nice but spoke very fast it was over quick standard questions about me as a person and work history the on the Sunday after the interview I was asked to go to an assessment for two hours on the following Friday. I arrived waited around for twenty minutes then was ushered out into the store to look at the freezer section and then given someone to work with who was there like me to get a job. Then we were given two pallets worth of frozen products to put away as fast as possible. Not being told where or how we was supposed to do it. An assistant manager was supposed to be working with us but he spent the who time watching us on cctv apparently. Then the two hour assessment ended with NO feed back and I left. It was 8 or 9 days later I got an email to say I was unsuccessful with no option of any feed back at all. Poor organisation poor management no one knew what they were doing. Even if offered the job I would of turned it down. They basically got two hours free labour from the four of us that went to the assessment.

Interview Questions

• What have you done before.
      Tell me about you.
      Put some tins in a box and take them out again.
      For speed purposes.
      Then a maths question. All basic stuff.   Answer Question

Deputy Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI in August 2016.

Interview

Had to complete an online test before being allowed to submit application. The offered interview at a local store. It was a bit awkward as there was no-one there to meet you, I ended up asking a check out person where I needed to go. I had an interview for deputy store manager, but when I arrived I was told it was a stock assistant interview, as the area manager had enough people from other stores who were ready for promotions, so they were going to get all the deputy store manager jobs. I wished he'd called me and told me this beforehand as I wouldn't have bothered going. I said I was happy to take the job anyway, but he must have seen through me and realised I would use it as a stop gap as he encouraged me to go and apply for their grad scheme instead and wouldn't give me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Benfleet, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (South Benfleet, England) in September 2016.

Interview

1) 10 Mins talk with Area Manager after being left to wander the store for 15 mins. 2) 2 hours refilling shelves in an 'experience day' ( hmm) before being told there is no Deputy Manager position and you have to 'earn it' - position is for store assistant?. Why specifically advertise a Deputy Managers role NATIONWIDE if there is no vacancy or programme for that matter? I cant work for a Company which deceives in its advertising for new Management recruits and uses their free labour to become more effective hence profit from it. Cheap food maybe, but cheaper in its staff recruiting process. Not an equal opportunity employer when long term staff get priority with promotions ( as told ). Might get an offer, but not waiting to find out. It certainity means you need a degree to get any Management positions or you have to start from the bottom.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for aldi ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Bolton, England).

Interview

can't call it an interview as there was only assessment and no one to one interview. Five candidates with an arrogant Area Manager were gathered in a tiny room for an hour. Interrupting each other to proof who is more chatty and who were well informed about Aldi. A silly 10 math questions with charts and tables were given to be answered in five minutes. And a scenario based must be read by other candidate to you. There was no chance to talk about yourself in more details or your achievements. No chance to finish test in five minutes when Area Manager was counting down every minute. They totally ignore your CV and focus on the assessment to assess your literacy. Was told that you may run the store with only 4 staff, so expect a catch up game inside the store. Imagine your life at work if the Store Manager didn't get on with you from day 1. Assistant Manager before the interview told us he works minimum 45 hrs weekly and expects 55 hrs in Christmas season. I felt the assessment day is humiliating your intelligencey by timing your thinking in 5 minutes, no matter what qualifications or experience you have had before. However at the end you are not going to work in HSBC or UN, but in a supermarket the sixth in UK and was seventh last year. Bigger than Spar .They don't understand that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coalville, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Coalville, England) in February 2017.

Interview

A very long process, with very disorganised management. There is obviously no communication between them all. From the online questionnaire to the interview, it's a very long and thought provoking process that feels unnecessary.
    The online questionnaire is lengthy, so have at least half an hour of no disturbances. They ask a variety of questions that you can only select one answer for. After doing this, I waited roughly 2-3 weeks to get a response. I was emailed to choose a date that I could have an interview, and again that was around a 2-3 week wait before then.
    About 10 minutes before the interview, I asked a member of staff where to go. The general sales assistants were helpful enough. I was interviewed by just the area manager. He was a lovely man and was very warm and easy to talk to. However, he had no details about me and assumed I was there for a sales assistant role. The interview lasted about 15 minutes, briefly going over competency based questions. He then left me for 5 minutes to complete a general mathematics test. He then told me I'd hear on an email back in 3 to 4 days if I was successful for a second interview. I waited 3 weeks to be told I wasn't successful. I do not mind being told I was unsuccessful, but the amount of time it took and disorganisation that I witnessed was what made it a negative experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • Scenario question: A delivery has arrived but there is no room in the warehouse to store it. The manager is in a meeting with the area manager, and it is very important. How would you deal with this situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dumfries, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ALDI (Dumfries, Scotland) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was relatively straight forward, with a basic maths test you are asked to complete in five minutes. Applied online and was invited for an interview. When I turned up and spoke to the Area Manager I was told that there were meant to be ten people there for an interview, however I was the only one who turned up (thus it was a one-to-one interview rather than a group one).

Effectively what happened is they tried to offer me the role of Stock Assistant, which at £7.50ish/hour compared to the £9.40/hour that I applied for, I was really rather disappointed. The next day I received an email stating I had not been successful in my application. It also stated they do not give feedback due to the high number of applications (funny that considering I was the only one who was actually interviewed of the ten they said applied). Nor can you reapply for at least 12 months. Surprised as I had always heard good things, however my experience has been very poor and I will now shop at Lidl every time.

I think what they want are people who are qualified to their management level requirements, who don't have the backbone to turn down an offer of lower grade, for 20% less money than the position applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi?
      What do you know about the company and it's history?
      Can you drive?
      What do you think is required for the role?
      Are you prepared to work unsociable hours and be monitored on performance all the time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burton, East Midlands, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Burton, East Midlands, England) in January 2017.

Interview

After completing the online application, I was invited into store for an interview with the area manager.

Lovely intelligent young lady with an obvious passion for the company. Questions to get to know more about me.

If successful I will be invited into store for a couple of hours to check attitude and aptitude on the shopfloor.

Interview Questions

• Why Aldi?
      What do I know of company.
      Examples of where management had gone well or badly   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chertsey, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (Chertsey, England) in April 2018.

Interview

15 mins assessment to be told Aldi rarely take on managment from outside the business and asked if I would consider a store assistant role.

My follow-up email:

Hi,

Just to express my outrage and disgust after attending a rushed 15 min assessment at your Chertsey store for the role of Deputy Manager.

To have applied for the above role and be told twice, quite clearly in the assessment that it is “highly unlikely for Aldi to recruit deputy managers from outside the business due to the ‘nature of working in Aldi” and “how do I feel if I was offered a store assistant position”, beggars belief!!

No wonder I was not successful at the assessment!! Jo interviewing me said I sense some hesitation after asking me would I be happy to take the store assistant role!! Yes, correct and totally threw me off presenting myself!!!

I did not travel 50 mins to attend an interview for a position lower than I currently hold!

A search on the internet reveals this is not an isolated case. It appears your company’s policy is to advertise management positions but offer store assistant role during the assessment.

At this stage I am unsure if you are breaking any regulations but I will be seeking advice from the citizens advice bureau.

I would appreciate a reply with an explanation for misleading job interviews!

Sincerely

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation with a colleague.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

Very friendly interviewer. There was a group interview with 5 people. He adked everyone to say a few words about youtself and why do you want to work for Aldi. Then math test a bit confusing and not enough time was given to complite it. After there was a Group brainstorming about Aldi and Group assesment about how would you list a four incidendts in the store from the most important to the least.

Interview Questions

• Tell about youself.
      Why would you like to work for Aldi.
      What is your biggest achievement?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.