ASOS Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 337 of over 337 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

ASOS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS in Jun 2021

Interview

Initial screening followed by a experience / competency based virtual first round and then a second round with presentation and further questions. Talent / Recruitment team were excellent throughout and very supportive.

Interview Questions
  • Standard experience based / competency questions
    Answer Question

ASOS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS

Interview

Quick, easy,lots of questions, talk about their values and how much it means to you. 2 people were on the interview, the nice one asked the questions, the other one just looked at my outfit gazing up and down. Very weird, I thought the interview went bad but they are hired me nonetheless. Weird company, weird interview, stay away most toxic environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ASOS

Application

I interviewed at ASOS

Interview

Very straight forward and simple, I'm pretty sure most people interviewed got the job. Some group activities and then individual 1 on 1 questions with someone who might be your line manager. Everyone was very friendly

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ASOS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS in Jun 2021

Interview

I applied for the Finance Analyst 3-year rotational position for Graduates. Application process is quite straightforward. Started with a CV screening by HR and then I was invited for a maths test with Test Partnerships and a HireVue video interview. The Maths tests was 5 sets of graphs with 3 questions each and each question had 1 min assigned to solve the answer. Although it was an easy test, the time limit is a bit pressurised so make sure you practice before attempting it. The Video interview was 4 questions, mostly around the role and the company. I was given unlimited time to prepare for the answers, which made the process less daunting. Research the company and the role well. I am still availing an outcome so ignore the interview outcome.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process was very typical and standard - I had an initial phone/chemistry interview, followed by a first stage interview and a second stage task interview. The people interviewing me were pleasant and friendly. After my task, they told me they'd be in touch within two weeks to let me know the outcome of the interview, but after two weeks nobody reached out to me. I then emailed the hiring manager who I'd spoken with to check on the status of my application, but she didn't get back to me despite me emailing multiple times. I'd only suggest interviewing here if you are unemployed and have nothing to lose, as they don't care about wasting people's time, or have the courtesy to even let you know whether you've been successful or share feedback. I've been through the reviews and seen that lots of people have had a similar experience, which is very disappointing for such a huge company.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell us why you're interested in this role - What do you love about social media? - How would you improve our social channels?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at ASOS (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

I was directly contacted through LinkedIn by the Senior Talent Partner with whom I had worked before. She ensured that I received all the relevant details about the role in question, the interview and recruitment process, as well as the individual requirements of the interviewers. This made it so much easier for me to prepare for and suitably target my responses to interview questions. I am delighted to say that I received the offer on the same day as when the interviews were held and accepted it immediately afterwards.

Interview Questions
  • Examples of previous experience which matches the job requirements.

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, and was at ease. The staffs were friendly and very much welcoming. The interview felt more like a conversation rather than interrogation. Also, quick response and effective communication from the Talent team.

Interview Questions
  • Example of a time you dealt with stakeholders or had to present your report to stakeholders?

ASOS

Application

I interviewed at ASOS

Interview

Interview with direct manager as well as other team members which is great to understand how you can fit in the role and the team as well. Some tasks assessments have been requested in relation so some projects related to the role.

Interview Questions
  • Can you give an example of when you worked on a team project and what was you role in this team?

ASOS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS

Interview

Telephone interview, skype interview, in person interview in the London office. Communication surrounding the inperson interview was poor, the interview wasn't confirmed until the day before and then when I arrived I was told the person who should have interviewed me was out of the office. Later on I was told that the department was restructing and they would no longer be recruiting for the role (had to pay for trains to London from Manchester and stay overnight)

Interview Questions
  • To write a brand and product description for a brand on the website

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ASOS (Birmingham, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

I had an initial voice only interview via MS teams with a team lead and HR member of staff. This was tough, I was asked to turn off my video. It was hard to gauge a reaction. Ultimately I passed this step and had a 2-3hr take-home test. You are given some instructions but no way to ask questions. I completed this but was not successful. I was told there was code commented out, stub methods and un-necessary code. My frustration was ASOS promote pair programming during the interview process but did not do it during this test. My comments and commented out code were necessary to explain a flaw in the code. The stub method was there due to vague instructions. The unnecessary code allowed unit testing DateTime.Now. All could be resolved via pair programming. It is a shame ASOS do not practice what they preach during interviews, that being pair programming and making code more testable.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 337 Interviews