ASOS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ASOS Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS in November 2016.

Interview

relaxed telephone interview but a lot of questions about my knowledge of the company and my marketing knowledge. it took 30 min but she was 10 min late calling me. the questions were asked very quickly and i had little time to recover from the last

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was called to an interview which was fairly straightforward and informal. I was successful in this and was then brought back for a second round of questions, in which I was unsuccessful. They were lovely in the way they fedback to me.

Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I was quickly interviewed by phone after applying for the job the week before. They asked me questions about my previous experiences. I was then offered a face to face interview with the design team. The interview itself was quite pleasant and the people very friendly and chatty. They mainly asked questions about my previous experiences and they looked at my portfolio asking questions about it. They also tested my knowledge of the company. All in all it was an okay interview, quite informal. Unfortunately I never heard from them again. A short email saying they were not interested would have been appreciated. I guess they don't care about letting you know if the interview is not successful.

Merchandise Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England).

Interview

Applied online. Email within a few hours inviting me to a telephone interview saying very vaguely "tomorrow afternoon". I confirmed availability asking what time. No reply.
    The next day no call.
    So I emailed 2 days after the invitation - no reply. She calls that night at 5:30pm saying 'I'm doing the interview now.' She was extremely rude.
    My experience is in Buying (more competitive than merchandising) and she said 'Oh buying not merchandising.' No... Did you even read my resume? Buying is harder to get a job in than merchandising and more difficult.
    She was evidently reading of a piece of paper and made very little sense all the while being incredibly hostile and impatient.
    I asked about feedback. She said 'IF you are successful silence' she didn't even know.
    Never heard back.
    Awful experience.
    The HR person was evidently also very young and totally delusional about her skill set and acted as though she were superior and had no time for applicants.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England).

Interview

Applied online through career portal. Invited for a phone interview then a face to face interview.

Generally, really nice people to deal with. HR contact was really nice and so were the people on the phone interview. I decided not to go ahead for personal circumstance reasons, but found it a pleasant experience up to that point.

Interview Questions

• tell us about what your day to day role
      how do you work in your current organisation
      questions around requirements gathering   Answer Question

Customer Care Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hemel Hempstead, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (Hemel Hempstead, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the asos website, the process was very quick & after about a week/week and a half I received a phone call asking if I would like to come in for an interview. The interview took about 3 hours & started with a group interview & some team building exercises, followed by a query test of which you reply to mock emails/social media customer querys etc & then an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have provided exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Analytics Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a Digital Interview as the first stage of the application process. You could do it at a time that is convenient for you and a place of your choice. It consisted of 9 questions and you had 30 seconds to prepare the answer and then in most of the questions, you had 3 minutes to give your answer. But you only had one chance to record yourself. It had a variety of questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why are you applying to ASOS?
      Q: What do you understand of the job position?
      Q: Which is your favourite e-commerce brand and why?
      Q: Expected Salary
      Q: What can you do in Excel?
      Q: What other tools do you know? Like SQL, Adobe Analytics. And to what extent?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their careers portal. I received a phone call from their recruitment coordinator a few weeks later. Process:
    1. Recruitment coordinator screening call (10 mins)
    2. Telephone interview with a member of the BA team
    3. Face to face interview with a Product Manager and BA team member
    4. Presentation and interview with BA lead and a Senior BA

Everyone I interacted with was professional and seemed interested in finding out whether I was suitable for the role. The only hick-up I had was not realising that there would be another interview after the first face to face one (I was told at the end of the interview). I guess the entire process wasn't communicated but I didn't ask either so not particularly their fault.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Refactoring test at interviewers desk. He looked solely to see if I'd fit in his team. They are strictly test first and strictly clean code to the point of banning comments in method bodies. They strictly use Resharper.

There was no reasoning on that at all. I've built HTTP microservices in an agile CICD way for years and have consulted to web businesses on it but he was not interested in my CV or the real code I have on GitHub or that I brought with me.

He couldn't believe I didn't use mocks since I think they come at a price and he was shocked. I could refer him to an article showing Martin Fowler and Uncle Bob also rarely use mocking frameworks but he was so rigid in his thoughts.

It felt like a factory of battery hen programmers and I'm pretty senior and lead Greenfield microservices projects and even hold a patent in service security but he said I world not fit in his team. He was right so kudos on that.

There were no other questions and he told me immediately I wouldn't fit in.

You can Google me, "Luke Puplett" and see what level of person failed his test. There interviewer had barely used StackOverflow which I think it's a bad sign, though to his credit he has a few GitHub repos.

Interview Questions

• How would you refactor this code?   1 Answer

ASOS Response

31 Jul 2017 – ASOS

Hello, thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback on your interview experience for Senior Software Engineer.

All of our CVs are thoroughly reviewed as a first stage by a panel of Principal... More

Buying Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Video Interview, which I had never done before was more nerve racking than a face to face!
    Then was invited to an assessment centre where there was 10 of us for a 2 person position.
    They made the day very fun and friendly, very happy staff. Building is beautiful and everyone seems to enjoy their jobs!!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.