ASOS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ASOS Interview Questions

Updated 5 Jun 2018

2.9

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASOS (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

After applying online I got an email about a video interview. This was 8 questions which were a mix of personal, competency, and technical. If you progress on to the next stage you are invited to an assessment centre in their officesin Camden (which is awesome). The day is really fun and pretty laid back. Loads of people popping in and out so there are so many brains to pick. Mixture of group tasks, a presentation and a solo interview. Really enjoyed the day and meeting the other candidates.

After the assessment centre they got back to me within 10 days.

Overall really enjoyed the process as everyone has been so nice!

Garment Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS (London, KY (US)).

Interview

Very Casual and easy interview, consisting of a group task, individual interview and presentation. They made you feel very relaxed and it was easy to be yourself. They weren't trying to catch you out and I really got the impression they wanted me to do well.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS in October 2017.

Interview

Fast process. I got an email with a video interview link that I had to videotape. I had 11 questions with a time limit of 3 minutes in each of them. The questions were not that hard but some of them took me by surprise

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS in November 2016.

Interview

relaxed telephone interview but a lot of questions about my knowledge of the company and my marketing knowledge. it took 30 min but she was 10 min late calling me. the questions were asked very quickly and i had little time to recover from the last

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was called to an interview which was fairly straightforward and informal. I was successful in this and was then brought back for a second round of questions, in which I was unsuccessful. They were lovely in the way they fedback to me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASOS.

Interview

Applied through their careers website for the role and heard back within a day for a video interview. There were 8 questions, fairly easy and ‘common sense’ questions if you’re actually interested in the role and Asos as a brand. Now just waiting to hear back about the next stage.

Interview Questions

• tell us about your most recent education and how that’s relevant to the role   Answer Question
    • name one key trend for next season   Answer Question
    • where do you get your inspiration from? Vloggers, Street style, social media etc?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for Asos   Answer Question
    • what is the day to day role of a Buyers Admin?   Answer Question
    • are you aware that the buying teams are split between menswear and womenswear? Do you have a preference, tell us why?   Answer Question
    • are you aware our buying teams are also split between Asos own buy and branded teams? Name some brands we sell at Asos and if you have a preference, tell us why?   Answer Question
    • when would you be available to start and what’s your expected salary?   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ASOS.

Interview

I had one call with someone, after which I got no response, not even a rejection email or anything. Almost 2 months have passed now without any response back. In the meantime I got another job.

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

I was referred internally by a former colleague. Initially it took a week or two for the recruiter to get in contact due to him being new himself and pulled into introductions and meetings. Once he got in contact things moved very fast. I had a phone interview the next day, after which the face to face interview was two days later. The interview was a very pleasant experience, I was interviewed by 3 senior leads/managers. I was asked a range of questions about different database technologies, platforms, design, architecture and methodologies. Next I was asked some questions about C# and OOP programming concepts. Lastly I was questioned about my experience in agile teams, my views on different agile techniques and approaches. I was also asked the standard interview questions about conflict resolution and my personal aspirations. Where I was not sure about an answer they were very friendly in explaining it better or giving the answer and never made me feel nervous. They all seemed very professional and easy to converse with. The interview lasted about 2 hours.

I got a phone call within 15 minutes after the interview to ask about my experience and explaining the next steps. I had initial feedback before the end of the day and had an offer two days later. Throughout the process the internal recruiter was fantastic with chasing up for feedback, negotiating renumeration and keeping me informed of what's happening and what to expect.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASOS.

Interview

Video Presentation -> Group Presentation -> Personal Interview. Basically prepare to compete with models regardless of position cause people are deffo chosen on looks. Then you better have good social skills to get engineering position because the computer for sure cares about it. Finally your technical skills are irrelevant considering you are chosen based on non-tech skills.

Merchandising Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASOS (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

A very quick process. Got a email a couple of days after sending in my application asking to do a video interview. The video interview was pretty straight forward with around 5 questions. Three days after the video interview I got an email asking me to attend the assessment centre. The assessment centre was very pleasant with really nice people assessing you. You have to do one group task, one individual task and one very relaxed interview which all lasted around 3 hours. Once I got home, I also have to complete a maths test.

Interview Questions

• How do you think merchandising at ASOS would differ from a high street store?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.