ASOS Reviews

Updated 3 Jul 2020

3.1
ASOS CEO Nick Beighton
Nick Beighton
Pros
  • "Free parking, good discount and sample sales(in 72 reviews)

• "Great people to be around when working shifts(in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, tedious work for little pay(in 27 reviews)

• "Poor communication between team leaders and recruitment agency(in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in London, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perks, fun office environment, facilities in office are great, exciting fast moving company

Cons

Nothing other than workload can get a bit heavy at times, would enjoy a better work life balance

April 27, 2020Recruiter

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate your feedback! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your time here at ASOS! We really appreciate your feedback and we want to assure you we have passed it onto the relevant teams to ensure we strive to do the very best for our ASOSers. Thanks ASOS

"One of the best employers and best offices (Birmingham) I've ever had the pleasure of working"

5.0
    Former Employee - Senior II Software Engineer in Birmingham, England

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This place raises the bar and some, it has the highest technical excellence of anywhere I've ever worked and has some of the most clever, competent people I've ever worked alongside. There's definitely a lot to learn and people to learn from. You'll get experience developing cloud-based solutions that are resilient, high performing and scalable, all the while implemented using leading software engineering practices such as ATDD, BDD, TDD and Pair Programming. ASOS offers a fantastic package with flexible working in a relaxed atmosphere where you can truly be yourself. Since the bar is raised so high here, when the time comes and you move on you'll find it quite an adjustment having to work anywhere else. This is a compliment to the Birmingham office. Many people who end their journey at ASOS move on into very senior positions due to the valuable skills and experience gained here.

Cons

Once you've 'learned the ropes' the work isn't challenging, most of the hard problems have already been solved and much of the work is boiler plate rinse and repeat. If you're looking for pure software development then you may be disappointed, the software engineer role is more DevOps so much of the job is scripting and managing configuration where much of the job is spent in a web browser battling the tooling (although there are initiatives to solve this long term). Not all the work is greenfield, much of the system is still in 'legacy' and thus you'll be dealing with horrible big balls of mud, but this is part and parcel of most companies. They are very slowly trying to migrate to cloud based solutions but this process will take several years.

July 4, 2019Talent Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to strive to be the very best for our ASOSers. We’re so pleased to hear you enjoyed working for us in our Birmingham office and learnt so much from your colleagues (and visa versa). Thank you, also, for the feedback on the work you were doing, this is something we’ll look into. Wishing you all the best with your future career.

3. "Fraud Screening Agent"

Current Employee - Fraud Screening Agent in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, casual dress, good holiday allowance and pay.

Cons

Can be difficult to progress.

"Fun atmosphere on a good day, not as good as it used to be though."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, easy work, benefits are good (although becoming less and less)

Cons

Hard to get recognition unless you know the right people - political hirings ruin the atmosphere and cause people to leave. Constantly losing benefits due to senior management’s mistakes; no bonus even when you do your job because they didn’t.

Continue reading
  5. "Fun and energetic environment however there are issues"

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Leavesden Green, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Culture is fun, energetic and the company does give plenty of benefits including a good staff discount package.

Cons

The company has grown rapidly over the last 10 years and some key systems have struggled to grow in tandem. These include development, recognition and overall engagement from staff. There is also a huge disconnect between senior management and staff, especially within CC.

6. "Don’t bother"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Making lasting friendships at work Employee discount

Cons

Extremely negative place to work in, feels like highschool

Continue reading
  7. "Great"

Former Employee - Junior Data Scientist in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and welcoming atmosphere. Personal innovation time, and the team has a general interest in moving to new technologies and approaches.

Cons

Due to rapid growth the office was under constant change.

8. "Positive experience"

Former Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at ASOS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of perks, good benefits, friendly atmosphere

Cons

Hard to progress, mixed salaries for same role

June 18, 2020Recruiter

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with our great ASOSers and the benefits and discounts which we offer. We really appreciate your feedback and we want to assure you we have passed it onto the relevant teams to ensure we strive to do the very best for our ASOSers. Thanks ASOS

"Buying Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Buying Administrative Assistant in London, England

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office with in-house gym and beauticians & amazing training,

Cons

Difficult to progress and get promoted due to limited head count

10. "Lack of communication"

2.0
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time

Pros

Nice people & Generous discount

Cons

Lack of communication - no progression

Found 601 reviews