ASOS Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 485 reviews

3.3
ASOS CEO Nick Beighton
Nick Beighton
Pros
  • "Relaxed work culture and good perks such as sample sales and staff discount(in 58 reviews)

• "Staff discount well paid inplaces flexible benefits day off on birthday some great people(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours (I work nights, 4 on 4 off)(in 24 reviews)

• "Quite informal, catty advisors to team leaders to performance managers, They lie when they say it's easy to progress(in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"ASOS.com"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at ASOS full-time for less than a year

Pros

A really upbeat & positive company to work for. Benefits are great and they really believe in having a great work/life balance. Lots of opportunities for personal development to progress your career.

Cons

Not many cons to share

ASOS2018-12-04

ASOS Response

July 19, 2019Brand & Engagement Partner

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. Your feedback helps us strive to do the best we can for all of our ASOSers. ASOS is such a positive and upbeat company thanks to the amazing people that work here – thanks for previously being one of those. We’re so pleased ...

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Stylist Assistant in London, England

I have been working at ASOS part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great and chilled environment, good rate

Cons

You don't get a discount when purchasing online as full-timers do.

ASOS2019-07-27
  3. "I have been working for one year and overall they treat you fairly"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmophere in the office is friendly and cool. You can book your holidays easyly. During the day you have breaks, aside from lunch (which is one hour). While working you can talk with your collegues without being bossed around. So basically it does not seem to be in a office: more like back in high school.

Cons

Like any customer service job is ripetitive and pretty boring.

ASOS2019-09-14

"Loads of good Agile practices just too much management doing nothing"

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great to learn and work on latest tech stack

Cons

Many middle managers just don't do much or have any impact. C*O to this day is the most boring person I've ever met. I avoided going to any of his meeting unless I want to sleep.

Advice to Management

Think about what you want everyone to do between ADMs all the way to the CTO... Loads of roles could be cut, post agile transformation I see no space for ADMs. There are several other stakeholders in the business that also could be completely cut out. QA initiatives have been really great but there is too much focus on trying to save manual testers. Mainly because QA Leads in the company are manual testers they... are unable to see outside of their own biases. Replace your QA Leads with Devs in Tests. Too much money is spent on things ASOS doesn't need like a 1 Million indoor TV... What a waste! I really didn't want my bonus spent on that. Make better choices with the money ASOS is making...

ASOS2019-09-06

"A good brand but.."

Former Employee - Former Employee in London, England

I worked at ASOS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good benefits (Tech loans, travel loans, STA Travel account, Employee share scheme, medical insurance, dental insurance, 40% discount on full price items etc) - Lots of great people in the business, feels like a family at work. - Lots of comfortable working spaces - Canteen - Weekly sample sale

Cons

- Exec board are out of touch with most departments - Sometimes it can feel hard to get some work off the ground - Redundancies were recently enforced. The handling of this was terrible. - Sometimes its hard to progress (speaking on behalf of myself and multiple people across the business). Even when you do, pay rises were minimal although work could double or triple.

Advice to Management

- Really consider the wellbeing of your workforce, it feels like this has dropped a lot over the past few years - Remember is not only the brand but the amazing people who rep it. I worked at ASOS for 3 years. Initially when I started I was amazed by how fast paced the business was and how different they were to most other brands. Everyday never really felt like work - it was fun and challenging but you have... great support from other teams. Unfortunately the past few years haven't been so kind to the brand and along with that was a shift in culture within the brand, you could sense it far in advance. At the end of the day, its a business and sometimes hard decisions have to be made - which I totally understand. Its just been handled quite poorly. Senior management weren't clear and HR mistreated a lot of long employees whether they'd been there for a month or 10 years. ASOS will definitely bounce back but some big changes need to be made and they have to remember where they started, who they are and I think new leadership is needed.

ASOS2019-09-14
  6. "Great team but not great management"

Former Employee - User Experience/UI Designer

I worked at ASOS full-time

Pros

Some of the most amazing and talented people to work with Good perks Lovely office space, especially the new area

Cons

All the amazing people are leaving Perks are being taken away Poor management Low morale at the moment

Advice to Management

It is a tough time but not enough is being done to make your employees feel motivated. I think if you could be more transparent, try and show that there is a great future for ASOS and you appreciate your employees morale would be higher.

ASOS2019-09-18

"Great office but distinct feeling of instability"

Current Employee - Buying
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office environment Young and hard-working teams

Cons

Execs come across distinctly unempathetic

Advice to Management

Instead of making large decisions with no warning and communication - think about how you might be impacting the remaining staff too. Making redundancies to help the business doesn't make others feel safe, stable or happy. Then basically telling us to leave if we don't like it only showed a complete lack of empathy and has only made others consider working elsewhere for your uncaring attitude towards the people who... make this business what it is. Recent events couldn't of been handled much worse, to empathise and reassure your hard-working staff.

ASOS2019-09-08
  8. "Great company and people"

Current Employee - Administrative in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed my time here very much, the people are nice and the work engaging.

Cons

better perks would be nice!

ASOS2019-08-28
  9. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at ASOS full-time

Pros

Fun environment to work with, good team spirit

Cons

Long hours, tedious work for little pay

ASOS2019-08-27
  10. "Good Place - Going Downhill Fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ASOS full-time

Pros

Good people, decent perks, good work life balance

Cons

Immature Management, Knee Jerk Reactions and lots of last minute decisions. Extremely poor communication and attitude from senior managers

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, work hard to regain their trust, Be more open and communicative.

ASOS2019-09-10