ASOS Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
ASOS CEO Nick Beighton
Nick Beighton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The sample sales, the discount and the summer/Christmas parties are all massive perks to the job (in 40 reviews)

• Great benefit systems, as you get 40% discount and the work environment is really great (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Team leaders would go missing for hours on end and therefore my team had no one to help us except the odd team leader you could find (in 14 reviews)

• It also means that you will work long hours (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fun place to work in a rapidly expanding the business with loads of potential!"

Current Employee - Platform Lead in London, England
    Current Employee - Platform Lead in London, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and fun and challenging place to work that looks after you, gives lots of opportunities to develop yourself, if you take them, and promotes from within. Loads of opportunities to get involved in voluntary or other initiatives out side of your normal day job.

Rapidly expanding business so any team you join is likely to keep on growing giving you loads of potential to grow.

Rapidly improving tech stack , that gives lots of you a chances to work on the latest technologies.

Great parties, for summer and Xmas, and reduced hours on Fridays in the summer so you can leave at 3pm!

Cons

At the moment there is quite a bit of building works on the office to cater for the expanding workforce, so it maybe noisy at times.

2. "Great place to prove yourself or stagnate"

Current Employee - Cleaner in London, England
    Current Employee - Cleaner in London, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to get opportunities as it’s growing fast.

Cons

Unfortunately people take advantage and don’t pull their weight

Advice to Management

Be aware of leeches and dead wood

3. "Good company, some frustrations"

Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Project Manager in London, England

I worked at ASOS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun and friendly culture
    Flexi working
    Good development opportunities

Cons

Too much middle management
    Too many stakeholders
    Lots of politics

Advice to Management

Reduce stakeholders and amount of leads/heads of, encourage more collaboration

"Racist and ridiculous"

Former Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Watford, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Customer Care Advisor in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at ASOS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

40% discount on their products, occasional sample sale, free parking

Cons

I was sacked for literally being 3 minutes late when another girl on my team (white) came in late 25 minutes and was regularly late. No one said a thing to her. Manager was obviously bias and much friendlier with the white people on the team. I had been performing very well in all other areas but being one of the only ones on the team who lived a little further away I had had a few lates (max 8 mins) which I was always happy to make up at the end of the day. Shifts were terrible, your social life is non-existent with the crazy shifts you're given and they still have the cheek to constantly ask you to do more overtime. I failed probation because of being 5 minutes late and even though the manager knew this she wouldn't tell me when I asked her at the beginning of my shift. I told her I felt sick and just wanted to know. She made me continue doing the work and said that there was nothing to worry about. My uncle had passed away the night before and by the time they finally arranged a probation review meeting to dismiss me and end my contract I was feeling very sick and I burst out into tears. They are honestly so harsh and they don't pay their employees much and try to make up for it in 'benefits'. Not acceptable.

Advice to Management

Stop being racist/biased and respect people. The way in which they dismiss people is as follows: they randomly you take you aside and tell you we are terminating your contract as of immediate effect, go and pick your bags up and leave (in front of your team). It is so humiliating, I am disgusted by this behaviour.

ASOS Response

28 Mar 2018 – ASOS

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We absolutely do not condone racism of any kind within ASOS and we’re really sorry to read about the experience you feel you had with us.

We... More

5. "Fun!"

Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A relaxed but challenging environment. Everyone here is super helpful. There are a lot of perks and benefits.

Cons

Not that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Always engage with your staff.

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at ASOS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

40% discount
    Xmas and Summer parties

Cons

Low salary for entry level jobs

7. "Customer Service Advisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

I worked at ASOS full-time

Pros

Lot's of fun, easy work and you don't have to work every weekend.

Cons

Quite informal, catty advisors to team leaders to performance managers, They lie when they say it's easy to progress. The discount was just amazing !

Advice to Management

Find a way of the work environment being fun yet not as catty as well as fair chances for all.

"Customer Service Advisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advisor in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefit systems, as you get 40% discount and the work environment is really great. The staff are really friendly and the team leaders can be really supportive to your development. Your career progression is paramount and is something that is always looked at.

Cons

The shift rotation can be bit of a burden, as you’re sometimes jumping from a late morning start on one week and to an early start the next. There can be some really negative people who don’t like to mix in with their team which ruins the atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Get some more team leaders and focus a lot more on career development. I’ve seen some team leaders not taking it very seriously.

9. "Hard working, fast paced fun"

Current Employee - Graduate in London, England
    Current Employee - Graduate in London, England

I have been working at ASOS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day is unique, everyone who works here is unique and every opportunity is there for the taking.

Cons

As a relatively young company it lacks the structure of other organisations, but makes up for it through atmosphere and working environment.

Advice to Management

Don't pigeon hole people early in their careers - they are more capable than you realise.

10. "PPC"

Former Employee - Ppc in London, England
    Former Employee - Ppc in London, England

I worked at ASOS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice offices, good place to work

Cons

Can't think of any cons