Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Apple Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Approximately 30min phone interviews. First asked general information about resume: work experience, past projects, knowledge/background. Second was somewhat more technical, with specific questions about previous work and application of skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe your current role.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Apple

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus , received an email for phone interview setup. The phone interview was simple and the questions were basically focused on my resume, was selected for on site which was tough with 5 rounds with different engineers.

Interview Questions

• He asked something about the design of a queue   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I met some Apple recruiters at an event at my school, then got an email a couple of weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The interview was very technical and asked very specific questions about cantilevers and beams and such. There were very few personal/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions about Mechanics of Materials   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Was a 45 min Phone screen interview, referred by a current employee who's in the same group. Interview was scheduled almost right after they received my resume. There were 3 interviewers, and they asked lots of questions related to my resume and previous experiences, but not limited to. Around a week later, I received a reject email from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions on the resume, previous experiences   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for one of the iPhone hardware teams. Was an intern at the time, so there was no phone interview, went straight to onsite interview. Several interviews included being shown a board of electronics and identifying different components on these boards and what their functions are.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interviewed for a co-op position. Very technical process throughout with a great deal of emphasis on candidate's abilities and interests. All interviewers were very proficient in going through the entire process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Lots of general questions of systems engineering. Questions spanned from analog electronics, optical engineering, sensing technology, image sensors, characterization. People who interviewed me seemed very prepared in their field, but were from a variety of specialties. Overall they were fair and nice, but I had the impression that they were looking for somebody who is expert/specialist on everything.

Interview Questions

• How would you remove cross-talk between channels in a CMOS image sensor?   2 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then got call for onsite. Onsite interview was grueling. Back to back 8 interviews, 45 minutes each. Surprisingly, no behavioral questions. Overall, I was not happy with the process and how HR treats candidates. Didn't accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to the job descriptions but you need to go into details to explain everything on white board.   2 Answers

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple in April 2016.

Interview

I applied by contacting a recruiter. They asked me to mail my resume and within a week I got a call from a recruiter to discuss the job opportunity. I was given a phone interview with a member from the technical team the next week. Received a phone interview which lasted 45 minutes. All basic concepts were asked.

Interview Questions

• FIFO buffer, verification method for a parallel bus, System verilog interfaces, blocking, non-blocking assignments   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

the recruiter arranged two phone interviews after two weeks from applying one position online. 1st phone interview went ok with hiring manager, 2nd one with another technical people as well. they all asked technical question straightforward. However no feedback either from recruiter or interviewers, wrote an email to the recruiter, no any response at all

Interview Questions

• Give an example in your previous projects to demonstrate your professional expertise   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.