Argos Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Argos Interview Questions

Updated 14 Aug 2018

2.3

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos (Stockton, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the networx recruitment site. I got a call about a week later inviting me to an interview the following week. The interview only took about 25 minutes and it was really informal which put me at ease. I was interviewed by the manager and stock manager. They asked several questions, some scenario based questions, told me about the role and then asked if I had any questions.

Assistant Interview

Interview

I was called in for an interview one day and given a time, i was on time, the interviewer wasn't however. The interview went well, I was only asked one question. The interview began vaguely telling me out bringing in documents in a couple days, but kept saying " if i get the job" , so I wasn't sure what he was actually saying. The day came by when I was supposedly supposed to go in with my documents and I turned up in the afternoon because as I said, the interviewer was vague and hadn't given me a time. This is after trying to get hold of the company numerous times over the phone. I then took it upon myself to go back again with my documents the following day in which the manager had a go at me in front of customers about how im not being hired now because i was given a time and i didnt show up. The interviewer stood their and nodded when he knew I wasn't given a time. Why would I not show up if i wanted the job, why would i have been calling.
    Overall the workers were not professional and quite rude.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Galway (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied by handing cv in-person. 4 weeks later received a call for an interview. Interview began by being brought to fill in an application form. The interview was done in an office during open hours and there was more than one interviewer which was rather intimidating. They asked a lot of questions and picked on every detail of my cv.

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Milton Keynes, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Stage 1) Online application with CV & further info section (which I included a cover letter in)
    Stage 2) Personality/situational based online test
    Stage 3) Interview (competency based) at HQ - interview questions are based upon the answers you provide in the situational online test (according to what I was told by the interviewer)

Interview Questions

• Explain a way in which you changed the way something was done or a new process you implemented during your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos.

Interview

I applied online and I received a Hackerrank online challenge. After passing the challenge, there is a telephone interview from the recruitment time. Then there is the assessment centre interview, starting with a brief introduction and some ice breaking group chatting with current Argos employee, then there is a group discussion and one technical interview before lunch. After lunch, there is a relaxing group activity and another technical interview to end the day.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one time that you learned and used new technologies in a project without using technical terms.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Argos (London, England) in January 2011.

Interview

The process was very straightforward with a telephone interview followed by a first interview with two staff and a second with 3 staff.
    We talked through experience and qualifications on both occasions. There was a practical maths test and a chat about software packages, integration and business accounting practice.
    The final stage was a psychometric analysis.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Otley, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Otley, East of England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then got a phone call about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was very informal and I was only asked about the days I could work and if I was in education. I then didn't get a reply for a few weeks so I decided to ring up. I was told that no choices had been made because of a family issue happening with the manager.

Interview Questions

• What days would you be available to work?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

It was a group interview which then went to an individual process. I then went through to a job offer and had my references checked. I was then called for the job offer.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Coventry, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Had 1st telephone interview and then a face to face interview with hiring manager and senior recruiter. Interview went very well and positive. Competency based questions. Had to repeat all of my work experience again in the interview (did this on the telephone interview!). week later, the hiring manager calls and leaves a voice message to say I was unsuccessful. For a large organisation, it is very unprofessional and showed no appreciation for the time and effort I had put in to have the two interviews. Could have at least discussed the outcome with me over the phone, rather than leaving a blunt dull 1 minute voicemail. Even then, I wasn’t given any justifiable reason as to why I wasn’t successful. I’m Glad I didn’t get the job as I wouldn’t want to work with unprofessional management staff whom do not value people or their time!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have put a policy or procedure in place?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barton-on-the-Heath, West Midlands, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Barton-on-the-Heath, West Midlands, England) in February 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to arrive at the Distribution Centre which I did - and was interviewed by the General Manager and an HRBP - tough questioning of the competency based variety. I had kept them waiting due to a road closure meaning I was late but they were very gracious and understanding about it.
    The interview was on 27th February and to date I have had no feedback and the role has been readvertised.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.