Argos Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Argos Interview Questions

Interviews at Argos

2.3

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos (Stockton, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the networx recruitment site. I got a call about a week later inviting me to an interview the following week. The interview only took about 25 minutes and it was really informal which put me at ease. I was interviewed by the manager and stock manager. They asked several questions, some scenario based questions, told me about the role and then asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos.

Interview

Fairly informal interview with one of the trading managers. Asked questions about how I handled a difficult situation, and how I gave good customer service in my previous roles. Asked whether I would be happy promoting (selling) product insurance and store cards. Lasted around 20-30 minutes.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argos (London, England).

Interview

The whole process took about 2 weeks. I was called for an interview but didn’t hear back for a week or so. The interview questions were standard enough. what do you know about the company and why do you want to work here. All the staff were very friendly

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argos (Nottingham, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Informal chat and easy going with manager got a second interview driving test very nervous but they didn’t take me through to next stage they have a high standards for the driver to drive a Mercedes sprinter so no mistakes on driving in an hour and half any mistakes and you don’t go through next stage don’t have a curtesy to call either

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argos in January 2020.

Interview

Telephone Interview, A recruitment team member called me and asked me a series of questions. All I could hear while she was talking (very loudly) down the phone to me, and background noise, it sounded like they were in a call centre. I found this extremely distracting. At one point they went very quiet and I could hear someone else talking, as if they were sat next to the phone. At this point I realised they may have been talking to one another. At that point I realised that I just wasn't being listened to. What was the point?

The interview process is a very nerve-wracking time for applicants, and to feel like you are speaking to someone who isn't listening isn't great to be honest. And it would be good if the company could sort out the sound issues for when undertaking phone interviews!

Weeks later, I haven't heard anything, not even an email to say my application won't be progressed, so that feels like 45 minutes of my times wasted!

Interview Questions

Argos Response

27 Feb 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for leaving your review, and sorry that you did not have a good experience with the telephone interview you experienced.

It is our aim to give you a good experience of the recruitment process no matter the outcome. There is a central recruitment team handling Store Manager roles, they are experienced recruiters and not in a call centre environment. I will take on board your feedback to improve the sound for telephone interviews and will look into this.

If you'd like to discuss this in any more detail you can contact me directly on Emily.Donaghy@argos.co.uk.

Interview

First I had to complete an online quiz bascially testing your customer service skills. I then had a phone call with someone who was a customer service advisor which was more casual questions . I was then called in for an interview in store with the manager which was more diffcult all the questions were ' describe a situation when ... '

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you have had to take control   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Argos.

Interview

Initially, there is an easy and quick online application.
    If successful this is followed by a straightforward situational judgment test.
    Thirdly, a fifteen-minute telephone interview.
    Finally, a face-to-face interview in-store with the manager which took about twenty minutes to complete.

Interview Questions

• Do you have the right to work in the UK?
      Why do you want this role?
      Why do you want to work at Argos?
      What times and days of the week are you available?   Answer Question

Christmas Temp Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stranraer, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Stranraer, Scotland).

Interview

Interviews were individual, but I had two interviewers, one was mostly just taking notes. This was a small Argos branch though. It was still a nice personable interview, although they ask a lot of questions. It lasted about 20 mins.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argos.

Interview

applied online, received a telephone interview then invited for a face to face for the end of the week. Attended the interview and it was a one on one. Really nice and friendly and mainly had to just answer situational judgement questions.

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basildon, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argos (Basildon, East of England, England) in November 2019.

Interview

sat in the staff room, then taken to the manager's office and go through application sheet that you put down for the application. then she just had a conversation with me about the different types of things that the role consisted of such as pay rates, tasks on the job, colleague interactions etc......

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.