Argos Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Argos Interview Questions

Interviews at Argos

2.3

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos (Stockton, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the networx recruitment site. I got a call about a week later inviting me to an interview the following week. The interview only took about 25 minutes and it was really informal which put me at ease. I was interviewed by the manager and stock manager. They asked several questions, some scenario based questions, told me about the role and then asked if I had any questions.

Customer Assistant Interview

Interview

Very relaxed, had two people interview me but one was mostly taking notes. General standard interview questions for a retail position but when I said I might not be free some Saturdays that would not work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have either given or received excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Interview

Group interview, nonspecific questions. Mostly group activities. Informal one on one meeting at the end. Interviewer asked us to tell them a bit about ourselves and that was it. No complex or taxing questions

Interview Questions

• Group questions, non specific questions. Mostly group activities such as comprehension and team work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argos (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2020.

Interview

Applied online, I had to complete an online test all about customer service as this was the role I was applying for. I got a telephone interview two weeks later, which then I was invited to an interview. The interview was good, I felt at ease the whole time it was pretty much just a chat with laidback questions.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argos (London, England) in September 2020.

Interview

I applied online Wednesday got a telephone interview Thursday and then a proper interview on Friday. And on that day mid interview I was told I was successful and I got the job. So no waiting instant confirmation.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a customer an camera ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos.

Interview

I applied online. Then was invited for a face to face interview.

Had a really bad interview experience. First of all, the room where the interview took place was really small and with no ventilation. As I live with someone in a risk group, I care about that, as I believe that environment represented some risk for COVID.

Then when I gave my right to work documents to the interviewer he made a comment about my passport not being British. He said that because it was an EU passport it was harder for him to read the instructions. That kind of comment should not be expressed, as it made me feel uncomfortable and discriminated. A professional person would not say that in the same way he did.

The interview was rushed, which makes me think about the lack of planning in the company. If you invite people for an interview, you should make sure beforehand that you will have time to listen to them.

Lastly, I would like to say that when I entered the interview room, the interviewer told me that I did not have to use a mask (I was using one). I believe that comment was unnecessary, as if I was already using a mask, that means I had a reason to be careful. It made me think about how much this person takes seriously the pandemic.

I really hope that Argos take action to guarantee a safer environment for candidates and that they Educate managers to important things like diversity and risk management. What I saw made me believe that they still don't take it seriously enough.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos.

Interview

A one on one 15 minute interview about myself and why I wanted to work at Argos. It was more about getting to know me and how I would handle certain situations rather than in depth interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ascot, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Argos (Ascot, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Easy interview, very casual. Simple questions about personal stuff and previous experiences. Very interested in hours though, which is why I did not get the job. Very friendly and very casual. Wore a formal outfit.

Customer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Argos in August 2020.

Interview

Set questions including how you would face different scenarios in store and what shifts you would be able to work, interview lasted 30 minutes. No questions about my current job or previous jobs, didn’t really feel the recruiter got to know me as a person.

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewes, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argos (Lewes, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Really kind staff, was taken in through the stockroom to the staff room where I waited until there were ready. Then was invited in , one woman sat outside and the other interviewed me from the desk. Asked Quesitons about experience and times when I have shown good customer service.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you went out your way to help a customer   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.