Avis Budget Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Avis Budget Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Avis Budget Group

2.4

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

Interview

HR scheduled me for an interview and afterwards cancelled on me through sending an email, they didn’t even have the common courtesy of calling and at least leaving a message to insure that I was aware of the cancellation. This has never happened to me in all my years as a professional. I inquired, seems to be common practice for this company. Very unprofessional.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group.

Interview

Phone interview, totally impersonal, unorganized, and off- putting. You could tell he was likely reading from a interview questions sheet and the questions were not tailored to the job, myself or the previous answers I provided.
    I have interviewed at many places and this was by far one of the worst experiences I’ve had. If he is a reflection of the company as a whole, I am so glad I dodged the bullet.

Interview Questions

• HR person was totally unprepared. Wasn’t ready for the interview, clearly didn’t read or study my resume/application. Didn’t listen to anything I said. Would ask question I had already provided an answer to. Definitely left a bad impression of the company.   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted to set up a phone interview. A time was set up for the representative to call me and I was not contacted. Then we set up a time a couple of days later where I had to call the representative and we spoke briefly. I was told an in person interview would be set up and nearly a week later no update. I sent a follow email and no response.

At minimum, I wold expect a follow up of sorts letting me that I'm moving forward in the process or no longer being considered. It's called professional courtesy.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I find it amazing that I was ghosted by the same recruiter 6 months apart for the same role. Before the interview emails, text messages, etc. but after zero contact which is pretty messed up. I doubt she even realizes it as applicants are nothing but a number to an ABG recruiter.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Parsippany, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied online and next day received email from recruiter to set up phone screen. Two weeks later schedule on-site interview. Pretty typical interview with heavy focus on situational questions. Said I would hear back soon, months go by and nothing.

Interview Questions

• What is a question I should have asked you, but didn't?   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Parsippany, NJ (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I was first reached out by a recruiter/HR where I very briefly spoke about my background and the position in general. Nothing major, just about a 5 minute phone call. I then setup my in person interview at the office a week later.

The first part of my interview was with 3 of the team members in this department. Very standard, regular questions regarding my background, education, and experience. At the end of this part of the interview, they gave me a basic sample sheet that would be similar to what you would do on a daily basis. After a few minutes, two other senior members came in and went over the sheet with me. They asked basic questions regarding the sheet to get a feel for what you see and draw from it. They also had me briefly talk about my experience and the position as well. I thought I did really well at the interview, but I received my rejection email exactly one week after my interview. Pretty bummed out but onto the next opportunity.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Murray, UT (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I saw the position listed online and applied online through the company website. From the time I applied until my interview was over two weeks. Like other CSR jobs, they are interested in your ability to multitask and to deal with customers that might be upset or angry. Though the actual job would be located in a small call center at the Salt Lake International airport, I was asked to interview at their rental office in Murray, UT. At the end of the interview, I was asked to provide them with my driver's license (part of the job involves shuttling cars around at the airport during slower call times) and my social security number for a background check. I was also asked to provide them with either 2 work references (former co-workers are OK) or 3 family references. As I wanted to be sure it was OK to still use one of my work references, I texted that information to the interviewer the following Monday. I did not receive any acknowledgment that my text was received, so I followed up with another text at the end of the week to ask if they had gotten my references. At that time I was told that I did not get the job because I had no prior experience in their industry. Really? Then why did you invite me to interview for this job in the first place? My resume clearly shows what work experience I have and do not have.
    My advice to anyone applying to work with Budget Car and Truck Rental of Utah is if you are invited for an interview ask them BEFORE you go to the interview to clarify that you meet ALL of the requirements for the position so you don't waste your time interviewing for a job that you aren't qualified for.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer call you because they wanted to rent a Chevy Tahoe but instead were given a Dodge Durango and they felt they weren't given an equivalent vehicle, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Car Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Jonesboro, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Received an immediate response from recruiter. Recruiter interview was basic. Moved on to in person interview.
    The in person interview was very odd. It appeared that the interviewr had not looked at my resume prior to the interview. The door was left open only to be interrupted by associates walking by popping in for various reasons. Asked if I was familiar with industry terms by using acronyms. Very old school car sales mentality, nothing at all like the website, job description or what the recruiter stated. Actually stated that "Corporate" believes we are fixed pricing and that's what we state but we will negotiate on anything." I actually excused myself from the process 10 minutes and left.

Interview Questions

• Asked a couple of questions about my current employer (competition) rather than about me as a contributor. "What tool does Company 'X' use for leads?" "What CRM does your Company use?"   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

Quick phone screening, then a about a 2 hour in-person interview which included a technical assessment. Talked with 6 different people in the company who were all friendly for the most part.

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Memphis, TN (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied for the position and received an interview invite by email same day! Went in for an interview two days after scheduled. The interview lasted about 30 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.