Find jobs for Rental Agent

Avis Budget Group Rental Agent Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jan 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 548 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group in Jan 2021

Interview

Very open about the reality of the job and its clientele. Made sure I was very aware of what the demands of the job are. No sweet talking. Or try to sell me on the job.

Interview Questions
  • If I could handle the stress of the job
    Answer Question

Avis Budget Group

Application

I interviewed at Avis Budget Group

Interview

It was a two interview process and a drug screen at the second interview. My first interview was close to the airport. My second was at the actual location. I trained at a different location for the first couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Did you get any tickets in the past 12 months?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Heathrow, England, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

Initially applied online through a standard application process which measures skills and experience and essentially mirrors your CV. Was then requested to complete an automated online interview which consisted of a few questions to again demonstrate experience and apply skills to the job requirement. I was contacted very swiftly after completing the automated interview (within 30 mins) by a member of the recruitment team based at the Berkshire HQ. My experience is very industry specific with 10 years operational experience in this field. This clearly played as an advantage in terms of suitability which was demonstrated through the prompt call back I received so early after completing the automated interview. At that stage I was invited to the Heathrow branch to meet the the management team for that location. The interview was short and very basic. It did not test or challenge me in order to provoke clear and concise examples in order to demonstrate my skills and experience. Fortunately I was very much on point to use my own initiative here and take some lead in terms of demonstrating this as to ensure the interview had some substance in terms of value which could be measured regarding my abilities to perform the role. The Individuals who conducted the interview advised that the lead time for responding to all applicants was 14 days and by then I will receive feedback. Exactly 1 week later I received a call from the recruitment team back at the Berkshire HQ to advise that the selection process was still ongoing but they would be in contact shortly with an update on my application and interview. Sadly I was not contacted by anyone again to confirm whether my application was successful or not. However exactly 27 days after my initial interview I contacted the Berkshire HQ to ask the reasons why I had not received any further communication. I was then very openly informed with great admission that it was an error but went on to say that firstly I was not a good fit for the role which I do appreciate as my experience and skills are more senior than the role requires in this field so do see this view point completely. However he then went on to stipulate that Avis are no longer recruiting for the role as they have now decided to not add additional FTE's. It is astonishing why a company would waste time to recruit and also the time of those who bother to apply to simply then stop the recruitment process. This is why you have budget forecasting and business analysis around your head count. To recruit first and invest time and money to then determine later on that you do not actually need the staff is frankly ridiculous and I believe firmly that someone should be made accountable for wasting people’s time. (Although the role was still being advertised on the indeed website which again is very odd?) I think my experience here has simply highlighted and demonstrated a clear and shambolic lack of communication and lack of courtesy and respect for a recruitment and selection process. Very surprising as feedback I have had regarding this company has overall always been very good. I politely advise anyone about to enter a recruitment and selection process with this company, to do so under great caution and do not be assured simply because they operate as a global business.

Interview Questions
  • If you observed a customer who was waiting and had become upset and impatient, what would you do ?

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Norcross, GA) in May 2015

Interview

The interview is completely based on what the manager wants to know from/about you. My interview was pretty simple and straight to the point because the manager needed someone fast since she was working there alone for the most part.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Málaga

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Málaga) in Mar 2015

Interview

I applied online for "Desk agent" job post (Misleading announce; instead of Rental Agent, Customer Service Agent). 3 steps interview: first phone interview with Madrid HQ Human resources, second sales skills test online and third,after 2 weeks, personal interview with Area Manager, Office Manager and Op.Manager. The first 2 steps are useless if you are not a friend or family with local managers. Instead of focusing in experience, recommendations, results and proved skills, the decision was taken for strictly personal opinion and were chosen candidates with less qualification and poor background. I wonder if HQ agree with this hiring strategy or if they know it?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in Nov 2013

Interview

Met in the lobby of the airport where the agency is located. Talked about the job and my qualifications. The manager is very friendly and personable. She gave me an honest idea of what the job would be and gave me the next steps in the process. The management team here will make you feel like part of the team and wanted.

Interview Questions
  • What sales experience do you have? Customer service experience?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manama

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Avis Budget Group (Manama) in Aug 2011

Interview

The interview was simple. The interviewer was the BDM who asked specific questions, he really knew what he expected from the new candidate. Straight forward questions, very comfortable setting & friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • How would you increase your sales during the off season?
RSS Feed</>Embed