Avis Budget Group Reviews
57% would recommend to a friend
(3196 total reviews)
69% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Avis Budget Group
a year ago
Could anyone refer me to any of these companies? Santander Bank John Hancock T. Rowe Price DSM Bayer Eli Lilly and Company Pratt & Whitney Mondelēz International Avis Budget Group Avaya Inc. Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. Macquarie Group Wilson Sonsini Rackspace Confidential Jefferies VF Corporation Juniper Networks UNC Healthcare CME Group GitLab Pacific Life Bain & Company Russell Reynolds Associates Egon Zehnder KKR Prudential Financial Spencer Stuart TPG Ralph Lauren First Republic
Got a burning question about Avis Budget Group? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Avis Budget Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "good benefit and a lot of hours" (in 198 reviews)
- "Many great people and pays well" (in 174 reviews)
- "Commission is good and love the monthly bonus games." (in 76 reviews)
- "Coworkers great and team players." (in 57 reviews)
- "The training is good and you do get the opportunity to progress." (in 40 reviews)
- "Management is poor and HR is not really great" (in 207 reviews)
- "Low pay and they leave it to you to earn commission to make real money you can actually pay your bills with." (in 131 reviews)
- "Nearly every single manager or above that I've worked with is horribly incompetent." (in 104 reviews)
- "Long hours but they do tell you that during the interview so barely a con I just had to put one" (in 94 reviews)
- "low salary and not much fun." (in 82 reviews)
Found 3,196 of over 4K reviews
Updated 6 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.029 Nov 2023Revenue Management AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsBracknell, England
A good school for any professional overall, particularly on the soft skills side of things.
Very outdated practices and systems, which drastically limits the analytical capabilities of the business.
- 3.020 Sept 2023Senior Financial AccountantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBracknell, England
Nice and helpful people, well known brand
Fragmented teams, a lot of unhappy people recently
- 1.025 May 2023Rental Sales AgentFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsBristol, England
People you work with and airport environment
Being forced to upsell using cringeworthy scripts
- 5.010 Mar 2022Revenue Management AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBracknell, England
Fantastic, friendly people to work with. Quite a young, diverse team full of very smart people. I learned a lot. Very open/horizontal culture. You can speak quite freely to line managers and department head. Nobody looking over your shoulder. Big focus on personal development, so a great place to start your career. Competitive pay with regular pay reviews. Bonuses distributed from bottom up when company wasn't as profitable, which I really respected. Quite generous pension package and other benefits.
Can take a while to move up the hierarchy which causes retention problems. American-style bonus structure makes different departments fight each other over objectives - weekly battles over same issues a common occurrence. Has long needed an IT overhaul - lots of core processes running on VBA. 3 month notice period.Avis Budget Group Response2y
Thank you for your constructive review and your contributions to ABG during your tenure!
Avis Budget Group Reviews FAQs
Avis Budget Group has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 3,699 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Avis Budget Group to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
57% of Avis Budget Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Avis Budget Group 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.