BGL Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England).

Interview

Applying online then Competency based interview with the hiring manager and HR. The second and final round was a less formal chat with the hiring manager and MD. The whole process was very professional and they made me feel at ease.

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. I expected it to be with the recruiter for the base screening, but it was with a Senior and Manager, which was the next day.

They were nice, but didn't ask any technical questions to assess my knowledge. It was a brief interview about my work history, current endeavours, and how I handle people. They also didn't inquire about salary expectations. I was told the next step would be a "face-to-face" interview and that the entire process should take about 4-6 weeks.

A week later, after I sent a follow up email and left a voicemail, I received a declination email with a contradictory and confusing reason. I was told that what was discussed in regards to linux administration and development (which again was only a portion of my knowledge) were only a small part of what they do, so I was not suitable for this DevOps role.

This interview was very lacking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history, what are you doing now, how do you get along with people, etc.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in February 2015.

Interview

very rushed agency rang round and got a lot of people in all at once. we all joined on the same day. people said that people don't last long and leave soon after they join

Interview Questions

• usual rubbish about what I have done before etc...   1 Answer

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in January 2015.

Interview

I found the interview process to be really good at CTM. I had an initial meeting with Senior management who clearly explained the role, the company and made sure i was the right fit. Following that i then came in for a formal interview with my manager and HR. They immediately made me feel at ease and the process was all about ensuring the role was right for me and that they felt I would fit into CTM and their team. I have now been in role for a few months and feel that the expectations set within the process have been met.

Interview Questions

• What would you do within the first few months to come up to speed for the role   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was with HR and a manager from the team I was applying for the role. C.V based. Then a few days later I had a written skills test, and a few days after that a 1:1 with the Associate Director or the business area.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your concerns if you were successful in the post?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Short assessment task - advising a client in a data protection scenario followed by interview. Getting travel reimbursed was a nightmare so if you have to travel out for the interview do not expect to get your funds back.
    Zero contact post interview, I was keen to get feedback regardless as this is a potential career path for me and this interview included an assessment so it would have been good to get some constructive feedback at the very least. When I did get a confirmation of the outcome it was generic and quite vague. The key contact was lovely however overall, in terms of communications pre and post interview as well as related timescales this was not a good experience for me.

Paralegal Interview

Application

Interview

One hour long assessment involved reading through a scenario regarding data protection and advising the parties on potential issues that might arise. This was done on a laptop. The second part of this assessment then required participants to read through a 15-page contract and identify issues.
    The actual interview then lasted half an hour. The interviewers were very friendly and gave a very good impression of the company. They did not ask any particularly difficult questions. My only gripe was that they were so interested in explaining about the company that they actually did not ask much.
    Whilst before the interview the correspondence had been fantastic, post-interview i heard absolutely nothing back despite emailing to ask about the status of my application multiple times (after having waited a week). I find this to be extremely rude as it does not take much to reply to an email after an applicant has gone through a month-long process of correspondence and interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe an occasion where you dealt with a problem?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in January 2015.

Interview

If you are selected for a senior role you will need to pass a Korn Ferry assessment that will contain numerical, verbal reasoning and other tests as well as a few hours with a company psychologist. As part of that you will also be asked to do a Myers-Briggs evaluation of your personality type.

Interview Questions

• What are the effects on BGL's future depending on results in the upcoming national elections?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Everything was well organised and they checked for all skills; technical, cultural fit, personal competency. It was the perfect mix of professional and friendly so it was a process I respected and trusted. There was feedback at every stage of the process which shows they are really dedicated to continuous improvement / a place where you can always learn something new and improve.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to change your career to become a software engineer?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview with a few technical questions, followed up by a solving a challenge problem (couple of days or so), then followed up by a Skype interview, with more behavioural like questions.

Interview Questions

• What have you been working on? How is your CI/CD like? How do you apply TDD/BDD and testing principles in general?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in September 2018.

Interview

It was a one hour personal interview, got a call for interview after submitting cv online and i was communicated the result after 2 weeks of the interview. Overall experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell one creative thing that you have done in college or workplace?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.