BGL Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England).

Interview

Applying online then Competency based interview with the hiring manager and HR. The second and final round was a less formal chat with the hiring manager and MD. The whole process was very professional and they made me feel at ease.

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. I expected it to be with the recruiter for the base screening, but it was with a Senior and Manager, which was the next day.

They were nice, but didn't ask any technical questions to assess my knowledge. It was a brief interview about my work history, current endeavours, and how I handle people. They also didn't inquire about salary expectations. I was told the next step would be a "face-to-face" interview and that the entire process should take about 4-6 weeks.

A week later, after I sent a follow up email and left a voicemail, I received a declination email with a contradictory and confusing reason. I was told that what was discussed in regards to linux administration and development (which again was only a portion of my knowledge) were only a small part of what they do, so I was not suitable for this DevOps role.

This interview was very lacking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history, what are you doing now, how do you get along with people, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BGL Group.

Interview

Applied online, did a numerical and verbal reasoning test, phone interview, assessment centre. The assessment centre was really insightful and showed you around the different offices to get a taste of what working there is like. Everybody was really welcoming and friendly, it was a very competitive cohort.

Digital Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BGL Group.

Interview

4 stage process: application, online tests, telephone interview, assessment centre.

Assessment centre was intense but enjoyable, and we got to take home a meerkat! Consisted of a written test, an individual presentation and interview, ‘speed interviewing’ and a group activity.

UI/UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BGL Group (London, England).

Interview

I interviewed with Compare the Market in the London office. I was quite impressed by the speed at which the process moved. I was asked to perform a design task and then come in and present. The task specifically mentioned to not focus on the solution but rater on the steps; which makes sense since as an employer that's what you want to see; the thinking.

In the end, I didn't cut it. The interviewer (who I should mention is who probably designed the current version and doesn't handle criticism well) kept prodding at one specific area of my solution and in the feedback, I received mentioned that the reason my solution wasn't strong enough was since there was one specific button missing from it.

I am quite glad to not have received an offer in many ways as I wouldn't want to work in a place where decisions are based on poor communication and poorer reciving+giving feedback. I will mention there are some good people here though who just must feel the pain of being stuck in the rut with the others here.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Newcastle, England) in December 2019.

Interview

The process was set over three stages.
    1) Phone Interview (through an app)
    2) Technical exercise (submitted via git hub)
    3) Face to face interview.

I did not get an offer. According to the feedback I was not enthusiastic enough about the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you convinced someone of something.   Answer Question

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in December 2019.

Interview

Seemed rushed & unprepared.
    Welcome was nice
    Interviewed in December got official notification 4 months later in Match.
    Then a friend of mine who works there tells me there is a lack of skills in my area.
    Its beyond belief

Interview Questions

• Can’t remember so long ago?   1 Answer

Senior Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BGL Group (London, England).

Interview

I was attracted to BGL after reading their values, it's extremely important to me that I move to a business that wants to move at pace and value their talent.

First off contact from Senior Recruitment took a while to setup, but eventually had a great call that instilled great interest in joining BGL, planned a follow up for a few days later. I politely followed up and was responded to that progression had been chased, followed up 4 more times over a 2 weeks period with no response whatsoever.

Unfortunately this is not how to hire, at any level. Presuming that no response means unsuccessful is NOT professional.

PMO Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BGL Group (Peterborough, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Telephone interview with Hiring Manager. Lasted 30 minutes. Very professional and friendly lady. Initially had an email from HR asking about current salary, desired salary and notice period. Also if I had any holidays. This was followed by an invite for phone interview which was very short notice.

Devops Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen, general questions about me and not very related to the position.
    Asked if I know any of the technologies they use such as Ruby, Jenkins, CI/CD, Octopus etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.