Banana Republic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Banana Republic Interview Questions

Interviews at Banana Republic

2.2

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Spoke to HR rep on the phone first for an initial screen and then had 2 interviews with 2 individuals in each interview. Conversational type of interview with some resume specific questions as well as scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be OK with 100% systems job?   1 Answer

Salary was too low.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was average length. Interviewed with GM, then DM...HOWEVER, transferring to a new state was a huge pain in the rear. Had to interview with a recruiter, GM, DM, AND the DMM

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a challenge, and you failed   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Basic, boring interview. Read off an interview guide verbatim, asking scenario type questions. At one point, went off course and started talking about himself and his journey with the company. Felt really self indulgent.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very minimal.

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and we had a very nice conversation regarding opportunities that were currently available. She was pretty informative regarding company structure and philosophy however couldn't dive into details regarding job expectations.

Interview Questions

• they asked how I have used reporting in order to drive business   Answer Question

Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Littleton, CO (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online after stopping in the store to meet manager. I went from store to store asking about openings. In one store the manager was present. I introduced myself, expressed an interest and asked to set an interview time. I interviewed for 1hr with manager. Thought we hit it off well. Two days later I interviewed with the regional. No offer was made so I didn't win the spot.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Banana Republic.

Interview

Group interview. There was about 8 of us. We all had the same question. going down the line. Everyone had the answers. The process was very straight forward. We watched videos after that and they took down our availability.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a group interview, first we were asked to write down our availability because that is what the decision to hire or not eventually falls back on, then we we’re asked like 3 questions. Then lastly we were given 5 minutes to create an outfit for an occasion using what’s available in the sales floor

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Katy, TX (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a good reference from a previous manager, did not require any former experience, did a group in-person interview after your resume was approved. It took about 2 weeks to get my resume approved and then I had to wait for the next available group interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Banana Republic (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

They called me minutes after I applied online to set up an interview at the store. I was very excited but at the same time nervous because I hadn't prepared for the interview beforehand. The interview process was a group interview and asked about three questions

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background, job experience why I wanted to work at Banana Republic   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Banana Republic (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called two days later asking to come in for an interview in a few days. I went and I was a bit early so she told me to walk around the store and start looking for an outfit that I would wear to a party. Once I did, we went to the back of the store and she asked me some questions that Gap makes up. Right when we finished the interview she offered me the position and orientation is in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our clothes?   1 Answer
    • What does going above and beyond mean to you?   1 Answer
    • You arrive to a party and your group of friends isn't there yet. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you were a positive influence?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite clothing piece in your closet?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.