Close Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Close

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close

Interview

I applied online and received a reply the next day asking to set up an interview. The first interview was with the manager - he was super kind and did a good job explaining the role (I later found out he missed some key components of the role - read more to find out) I heard back within 2 days and was asked for the second interview. The interviewer was extremely kind and helpful, he helped calm my nerves and explained the culture very well. We went over my experience. Third interview took a bit to hear back on - took about 3 weeks due to their winter break. I had a task I had to complete and got to talk with more of the team. He told me in order to prove his loyalty, he had to go through 8 interviews and joked that he's waiting for the next person to ask him how he liked working there so he could laugh and tell them how much he didn't like it. Crickets - I reached back out after another week (by this time it's been over a month since my first interview). I schedule a meeting with HR - she informs me on the 4th Interview that it is pretty much temp to hire and it should have been told to me in the 1st Interview. They want someone to do a trial (I was never told how long this trial lasted? I'm not sure because it wasn't even explained to me). I was not told how much the role pays, either. Just that the culture is the most important part. Cool, I think that's something you should mention in the actual job posting. Heard back a week later to schedule interview with COO - I did so and was all ready for my interview and I'm in the zoom meeting when I get kicked out of it. Okay? I go check my email and an email pops up literally 2 mins before the scheduled interview saying there was a scheduled conflict and I need to reschedule. Quite upsetting, seeing as how I was ready that day and by now the experience is just starting to get under my skin by lack of professionalism. I get to my rescheduled Interview and it goes really well - they asked for my references, but they don't ask too much about me. He says they will get back to me about next steps asap. They never called my references. 2 days later, they tell me they went with another candidate and that I couldn't ask for feedback or else they would have to give everyone feedback. I'm sorry, I spent 2 months, several hours, and bent over backwards to meet with you and you can't offer ANY feedback? I have told several people about my experience and they all say I dodged a bullet and I completely agree. I'm sure they know who I am and will take me off their list, but so be it. The way I was treated was extremely poor and I at least deserve feedback on why I wasn't chosen after the last round of interviews? How many did you have in the 5th round? If you have entry level candidates in the 5th Interview, please know they put a lot of time and effort in to this and the least you can do is offer feedback. You should also give the salary by the third interview and let people know of the trial run before they get so far into the process - that is just unprofessional. This company may seem good on paper, but the way they treat people investing time into them is anything but good. It was an emotional process that felt like they just kept surprising me with new information that made me want to drop out of the running. They don't even know how many employees they have, I asked every single person and it was a different answer every time, lol. Wanna be a number? Go work here, but first you have to sell your soul just to Interview for them. :)

Interview Questions
  • What do you do outside of work?
    Answer Question
6 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Close in Feb 2021

Interview

I was invited to a Zoom interview based on my profile on a job board. I have been interviewing for a while and I can honestly say this is one of the worse I’ve ever experienced. The incredible lack of professionalism and dismissive attitude of the interviewer throughout the entire experience was very off putting. The interviewer didn’t even bother to introduce herself before starting to bombard me with questions, most of which were repetitive and really didn’t have much to do with the position at all. you don’t invite someone to interview with them and then dismiss every response they give you. What a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close

Interview

I went through 5 rounds of interviews, each with different people. The entire process took 1 month and 3 weeks. At the beginnings of the interview process, I was followed up with within a few days. Towards the middle, I had to reach out. Then I got to the final interview and they cancelled 2 minutes before the start of the interview. I actually was already in zoom to start and they cancelled it. When I was told why, it was because a customer said jump and they had to jump. I get it but it was really upsetting. I was even asked for my references and all of the interviews ended well, with each interviewer smiling. I was sure I had it - then I got an email saying they were going with someone else. Unfortunate. There were a few times I was going to throw in the towel due to unprofessional behavior but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because they seemed like a great company. I studied my behind off - downloading their program free trial several times to train myself on the tech support issues. I was a great candidate and was extremely flexible, kept up with the company, was completely myself with them and then they told me they couldn't offer feedback.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close in Feb 2021

Interview

I thought the interview process was above average. Very early on in the process, there was a clear structure of steps/stages of the process and expectations. During the first interview, it was easy to get a sense of the company and overall culture and working environment. Although I did not end up getting an offer, I was left feeling positive about the overall experience. It felt very personalized and the follow up and feedback was timely.

Interview Questions
  • Work styles, employment history, familiarity with the company
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Close (New York, NY) in Dec 2020

Interview

Overall it was a good experience. The interviewers were easy to talk to, especially in the initial stages. Had 5 rounds of interviews. Had an initial introduction and then technical interview then a technical test which all went fine. Pretty much need to know how to use the product and knowledge of how the internet works.

Interview Questions
  • General interview questions like why do you want to work at Close
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Close

Interview

Met with Director of People Operations for a video call. The call felt frankly brief and as though they were not interested in actually assessing if I would be a fit for the role once we were on camera. To be entirely honest, from my experience, other experiences that I have heard about, and the profound lack of diversity on the team overall, it feels as though the hiring team is keeping out people of color. Can't speak to the experience of what the remainder of the process looks like as I did not make it further than the first call which was not surprising given the seeming lack of interest. Would be curious for other poc to share their experiences interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close

Interview

I got dropped after the first stage of interview with the Customer Support manager. I felt like the interview went great but I couldn't place exactly why I got dropped out.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Application

I interviewed at Close

Interview

I had an easy to medium interview, then I was rejected via email in a timely manner. My rejection email sounded like "we can't tell you why we're not going forward after 1 interview, because we would be comfortable to share feedback only if we could do this for all our candidates, but we're a small team".

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close

Interview

Terrible interview experience. Aggressive interviewer and odd flexing throughout. I met with HR via video. Third question in, she asked for salary information which is illegal to ask. I politely replied by stating I would like to learn more about the role to see if I was a fit before discussing salary (which was code for: I am not disclosing my personal data in an initial screen). She became oddly annoyed with my response and replied, “Well what don’t you understand about our role?!” in an aggressively condescending tone. She completely missed my subtly in dismissing her illegal question. Also, throughout the interview, she flexed her gatekeeper status by repeatedly saying she is ‘very protective and particular’ of who she allows into the company. And spent little time telling me about the company, the role or why I should join. I was unimpressed considering they are a 40-person startup. Advice to their leaders, be more selective about who you allow representing your employer brand. The interview process is a two-way street. Interviews are not just for an employer to evaluate a candidate, but for candidates to determine whether or not the company is a good fit. Great candidates have their choice of top-tiered companies to work for which means smaller and less known companies need to do a better job highlighting their company and role. I ended the interview early and would not consider working there.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barcelona

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Close (Barcelona) in Jul 2019

Interview

The interview process was very professional and smooth at the beginning. I had a great conversation with the Product Designer, where he presented the culture of the company and the challenges the design team has at that time. I was asked to make the home assignment. I submitted it and was not invited to further conversations. I sent an email where I asked for some feedback about the task I made, but the email was left unanswered. I felt bad about it, and I see that as not very professional.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews