Close Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

Applied online89%
Recruiter11%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Close

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close

Interview

Wow does this company really put you through the ringer. It started out great with my first interview. The person I interviewed with was great and we vibed well. But then it became frustrating fast. There are 5 steps to the whole interview process. An initial for about 30, maybe an hour I cant remember. Then you have an assignment to create a 3 part email sequence, record a video onboarding a client to a feature and a Zap with the close/zapier integration that literally takes a full workday to do for the whole assignment (took me 8 hours). You then go through a mock call and HR interview for about an hour each (2 more hours total). The last step is an interview with the CEO. The big catch is that they really aren't paying that much in comparison to a lot of other tech companies and after this 5 step process, you are then put through a TRIAL TO HIRE for a month while working your other job. I learned about this in my 3rd/4th interview and was basically told, "yeah you will have to work early morning, during lunches and late evenings for a full month" should you make it past the CEO. So at the end of the interview process if you go onto the trial you could technically not even officially have the job a moonth later. I went through all the interviews so quickly that I became burnt out so fast. One of the few upsides to the process is that they were really on top of it, communicative and not messing around about finding a candidate. The people were great too. Seems like they also have great culture even being remote. No feedback given in the rejection email but I also already know where I messed up.

Interview Questions
  • Application interview questions Initial interview w/ hiring manager - get to know you, behavioral/situational q's Assignment - create email sequences, onboarding video, zap to trigger email sequences for leads Mock call - onboarding a client HR call - behavioral/situational questions, how you like to be managed, etc, HR related questions CEO - final culture/all encompassing
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Close

Interview

They have a lengthy multi-step interview process in which you will be investing potentially many hours of your time depending on how familiar you are with the tech they use. A few steps in they will have you complete a coding assignment, but they don't fully communicate their expectations around development style and will fail you if you don't meet those expectations instead of openly discussing why you made the decisions you made. If you do not pass a step, you will probably not get feedback on why as their default answer is "we're too small to provide feedback to everyone". So, beware that you may invest a lot of time and get nothing out of it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

a

Sales Engineer

229 Comments

Join the conversation on

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close

Interview

I applied online and received a reply the next day asking to set up an interview. The first interview was with the manager - he was super kind and did a good job explaining the role (I later found out he missed some key components of the role - read more to find out) I heard back within 2 days and was asked for the second interview. The interviewer was extremely kind and helpful, he helped calm my nerves and explained the culture very well. We went over my experience. Third interview took a bit to hear back on - took about 3 weeks due to their winter break. I had a task I had to complete and got to talk with more of the team. He told me in order to prove his loyalty, he had to go through 8 interviews and joked that he's waiting for the next person to ask him how he liked working there so he could laugh and tell them how much he didn't like it. Crickets - I reached back out after another week (by this time it's been over a month since my first interview). I schedule a meeting with HR - she informs me on the 4th Interview that it is pretty much temp to hire and it should have been told to me in the 1st Interview. They want someone to do a trial (I was never told how long this trial lasted? I'm not sure because it wasn't even explained to me). I was not told how much the role pays, either. Just that the culture is the most important part. Cool, I think that's something you should mention in the actual job posting. Heard back a week later to schedule interview with COO - I did so and was all ready for my interview and I'm in the zoom meeting when I get kicked out of it. Okay? I go check my email and an email pops up literally 2 mins before the scheduled interview saying there was a scheduled conflict and I need to reschedule. Quite upsetting, seeing as how I was ready that day and by now the experience is just starting to get under my skin by lack of professionalism. I get to my rescheduled Interview and it goes really well - they asked for my references, but they don't ask too much about me. He says they will get back to me about next steps asap. They never called my references. 2 days later, they tell me they went with another candidate and that I couldn't ask for feedback or else they would have to give everyone feedback. I'm sorry, I spent 2 months, several hours, and bent over backwards to meet with you and you can't offer ANY feedback? I have told several people about my experience and they all say I dodged a bullet and I completely agree. I'm sure they know who I am and will take me off their list, but so be it. The way I was treated was extremely poor and I at least deserve feedback on why I wasn't chosen after the last round of interviews? How many did you have in the 5th round? If you have entry level candidates in the 5th Interview, please know they put a lot of time and effort in to this and the least you can do is offer feedback. You should also give the salary by the third interview and let people know of the trial run before they get so far into the process - that is just unprofessional. This company may seem good on paper, but the way they treat people investing time into them is anything but good. It was an emotional process that felt like they just kept surprising me with new information that made me want to drop out of the running. They don't even know how many employees they have, I asked every single person and it was a different answer every time, lol. Wanna be a number? Go work here, but first you have to sell your soul just to Interview for them. :)

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Close in Feb 2021

Interview

I was invited to a Zoom interview based on my profile on a job board. I have been interviewing for a while and I can honestly say this is one of the worse I’ve ever experienced. The incredible lack of professionalism and dismissive attitude of the interviewer throughout the entire experience was very off putting. The interviewer didn’t even bother to introduce herself before starting to bombard me with questions, most of which were repetitive and really didn’t have much to do with the position at all. you don’t invite someone to interview with them and then dismiss every response they give you. What a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close

Interview

I went through 5 rounds of interviews, each with different people. The entire process took 1 month and 3 weeks. At the beginnings of the interview process, I was followed up with within a few days. Towards the middle, I had to reach out. Then I got to the final interview and they cancelled 2 minutes before the start of the interview. I actually was already in zoom to start and they cancelled it. When I was told why, it was because a customer said jump and they had to jump. I get it but it was really upsetting. I was even asked for my references and all of the interviews ended well, with each interviewer smiling. I was sure I had it - then I got an email saying they were going with someone else. Unfortunate. There were a few times I was going to throw in the towel due to unprofessional behavior but I gave them the benefit of the doubt because they seemed like a great company. I studied my behind off - downloading their program free trial several times to train myself on the tech support issues. I was a great candidate and was extremely flexible, kept up with the company, was completely myself with them and then they told me they couldn't offer feedback.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close in Feb 2021

Interview

I thought the interview process was above average. Very early on in the process, there was a clear structure of steps/stages of the process and expectations. During the first interview, it was easy to get a sense of the company and overall culture and working environment. Although I did not end up getting an offer, I was left feeling positive about the overall experience. It felt very personalized and the follow up and feedback was timely.

Interview Questions
  • Work styles, employment history, familiarity with the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Close (New York, NY) in Dec 2020

Interview

Overall it was a good experience. The interviewers were easy to talk to, especially in the initial stages. Had 5 rounds of interviews. Had an initial introduction and then technical interview then a technical test which all went fine. Pretty much need to know how to use the product and knowledge of how the internet works.

Interview Questions
  • General interview questions like why do you want to work at Close

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close (Chicago, IL) in Nov 2020

Interview

Quite a few interviews, a phone screen, 2 technical calls, and a panel call, one interview with the CEO. I recall being surprised how many alls I was scheduled for and the technical requirements to prepare for each call.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Close

Interview

Met with Director of People Operations for a video call. The call felt frankly brief and as though they were not interested in actually assessing if I would be a fit for the role once we were on camera. To be entirely honest, from my experience, other experiences that I have heard about, and the profound lack of diversity on the team overall, it feels as though the hiring team is keeping out people of color. Can't speak to the experience of what the remainder of the process looks like as I did not make it further than the first call which was not surprising given the seeming lack of interest. Would be curious for other poc to share their experiences interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions
9 people found this interview helpful

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close

Interview

I got dropped after the first stage of interview with the Customer Support manager. I felt like the interview went great but I couldn't place exactly why I got dropped out.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews