Close Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Close Interview Questions

Interviews at Close

3.1

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Close (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The application included some basic technical questions.

There was one phone screen, then I was given an online coding exercise that took about an hour.

After passing the exercise, I was asked to do a technical phone interview. They told me beforehand that there would be a total of 3 technical phone interviews after the coding exercise. Seems a bit excessive to me but yeah.

On the the technical phone interview I was asked to give detailed explanations of what an HTTP request is and how to insert a string into the dom in a browser.

Overall it sounds like a good company to work for but the interview process felt a little pedantic and excessive to me. Very small company though so I guess they're expecting people to have wide generalized knowledge.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close.

Interview

Got through whole process rather quickly with positive feedback along the way. I had final interview with CEO. He was very odd. Claimed he basically has a psychology degree and could read people. He was more than obsessed with finding particular people to fit with his current small team, but all over a 30 minute video interview where he talked most the time. Maybe that's why the company is lacking in employees and customer satisfaction. When asked to provide feedback on me since I invested so much time in 4 interviews, mock customer call, and a take home project I got ::crickets:: In the end it made me realize I wouldn't want to work with that type of team and company ran that way.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through two interviews. The interviewers were nice, and they had me complete an assignment. I felt I did pretty well on the assignment, but they passed on my application. No feedback as to why.

I think if someone puts in several hours completing an application for your company, and then several hours more interviewing with you, the respectful thing to do is provide feedback as to why you've decided not to move forward with that candidate.

Devops Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Close in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a screening call from their HR person, followed by a HackerRank.com exam. The next step was a technical interview followed by a scripting assignment. After the scripting assignment there was another technical interview with a peer to the position, and another one with the CTO. The last interview was with the COO.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot an application stack like X?
      What is the Linux init process and how does it work?
      How would you design a stack to provide X service and meet latency and redundancy SLA like Y?   Answer Question

DevOps Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Close (Remote, OR (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The interview was on the easy side, with very cliche questions. After interacting for two or three questions it became clear the interviewer was following a script and was not always very acknowledged or prepared on the answers.

For a business fully running on the cloud there were more hardware questions than relevant, which sounds like they are no levering the cloud as much as possible. The kind you get at places that run their own hardware like Google or Facebook. Concepts like decoupling, monitoring aggregation, "cattle vs pet", 12 factor apps, were not very familiar to the interviewer.

Lot of questions were really irrelevant for the environment and scale they are running. The most ridiculous part was when the interviewer started comparing them-self with Google. It was mostly flexing muscle.

Interview Questions

Close Response

29 Oct 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We do ask very technical low-level questions in the first interview to probe the candidate’s knowledge of the underlying technologies that drive our infrastructure.
    We love... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. My first point of contact was Mary, and she did a fantastic job communicating about every step that had been taken in my process and making sure all my questions were answered. I've had multiple interviews – some of them went smoother than others, but interviewers had been making sure that I fully understand the answers / solutions I give. I was generally curious about the company, so I've asked questions at the end of interviews as well – all of them had been answered. I felt kind of connected with people that I have been talking to, so I was really glad to see that my application was accepted. The best thing about working at Close.io so far is that the more I work at the company, the more I appreciate people, product and company's culture. The most visible value I see around people working together is trust. This makes me really grateful for an opportunity to be a part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function that will can be called on all strings object. For example "xyz".myfunc()   1 Answer

Senior Javascript/UI Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fortaleza, Ceará (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Close (Fortaleza, Ceará (Brazil)) in January 2017.

Interview

The best interview process I've ever been through. Mary was very supportive and accessible during the entire time of the interview process, making it very easy to feel comfortable with the company. My thoughts were: "if they care so much about their interview process, I'm pretty sure they care even more about their employees" - and I was right!

Interview Questions

• How would you communicate between browser tabs/windows (via Javascript)?   1 Answer

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Close in April 2019.

Interview

Great communication throughout longer vetting process, started with an online application (video, essay questions, and resume); and then had 1:1 with PeopleOps; Take home assignment; skills/culture 1:1; founder 1:1; founder 1:1; trial to hire; offer

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.