Found 44 of over 46 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The best team I ever worked with: supportive, welcoming, fun." (in 11 reviews)
- "The people are awesome and all have their own unique stories and quirks." (in 7 reviews)
- "Remote first culture, company has been remote (and got very good at it) way before Covid" (in 6 reviews)
- "Founders provide great leadership" (in 5 reviews)
- "Trust is a big factor, which allows management to give employees a lot of flexibility to do their thing." (in 4 reviews)
- 5.028 Nov 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Remote working is the future and it's great to find a company that embraces it so fully. Schedules are flexible and as long as the work gets done, nobody really minds when you work. I've met people from all over the world, and twice a year we all get together in the same place. Everyone cares about the product and the business, and are truly some of the best at what they do. The hiring process is rigorous but it has to be to enable the company culture and ensure people can work together well. They would rather accept the "right" person for the company than the "best" person in the field. Everyone is a little bit mad :)
If you've never worked remotely before it would be a challenge to adapt. It's also difficult to structure your day around certain meetings due to the differences in timezones. I've found myself working later and later. The benefits offered are great but only if you live in the US. There is no healthcare, dental or 401k otherwise.5
- 4.011 Oct 2023CloserFormer Employee
It had very good pay
It had very low leadsClose Response2w
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we're sad to hear you wouldn't recommend working here as we strive to make the team member experience a positive one. For anyone interested in joining our team, we're happy to hop on a call so you can get an actual sense of what working at Close is like. Feel free to reach out directly to ANY current team member (you can find us on LinkedIn!)
- 5.029 Nov 2023Customer SuccessCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPhiladelphia, PA
Close is such a unicorn employer - I feel lucky to have landed here: - Client-facing work is really satisfying - you can see how you're making a meaningful and positive impact for customers every single day - Teams are small, full of interesting people from around the world, and foster a great sense of camaraderie - The company is boot-strapped which means our leadership team has the freedom to make choices that result in sustainable, long-term growth - Benefits are generous and focused on the important stuff - retirement planning, great healthcare for the whole family, PTO, etc. - 100% remote company, now and forever - Work/life balance is not a dirty word at Close
No real negatives to share
- 5.06 Sept 2023Engineering ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMinneapolis, MN
* The long-term stability of the company, in terms of leadership, product vision, and growth trajectory (profitability) should give comfort and confidence to anyone who wants to work here. Tech can be a stormy sea, and Close is about as steady a ship as you can get for a company of this size. * It is a high-trust environment that empowers people to do their best work. I am continually impressed with the competence, craftsmanship, and ingenuity of my teammates. * The culture is authentic We are intentional in making sure that the way we conduct ourselves and our work reflects our stated values and vice versa. People genuinely care for each other, communicate candidly, and make an earnest effort to do great work. * It has been fun to meet and build relationships with people from all over the world. My team is spread throughout the Americas and Europe. Meeting everyone in person at our annual retreat is a delight.
* The async-first environment can be a challenging adjustment for folks used to in-office or more synchronous remote work * The high-trust environment requires a certain level of self-propulsion. There is good high-level direction and teammates who are more than willing to help, but individuals are largely responsible for defining and driving their own task-level work. This approach may not work for everyone. * If your notions of career growth are primarily based on titles you will find that Close has very high standards for senior- and staff- level roles and beyond. Promotions may not come as quickly as other places. That said, the same types of work and opportunities are available to every individual on the team, regardless of title.Close Response2w
Thank you so much for your transparency and for sharing your experience. We're thrilled to hear that your time on the team has been positive so far!
- 5.029 Nov 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMilan
* The company offers an incredible amount of freedom, yet everything is well-organized and things still get done. * Remote work concepts are applied thanks to a strong understanding of them - not by following a set of predetermined rules without thought - things get plastered to your use case. * Everyone is highly skilled at their trade. You get to learn a lot of work-related and non-work-related things. * Communication is refreshingly direct, contributing to a no-nonsense atmosphere.
Working across many time zones can be tricky for some, but it's manageable with good asynchronous communication skills and previous remote work experience.
- 5.011 Jul 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
There are several things about Close that make this a great place to be a software engineer: - Our culture of quality and engineering excellence pushes me to do my best work and provides opportunities to grow and expand my skills - We follow the Shape Up model, which helps keep us focused on shipping value to our customers rather than building and building and building and then cancelling a project - Our PM team is data driven, so we have a high level of confidence that we're building the right thing. This makes me feel like my time and efforts are valued - Our async communication and work style makes room for me to get lots of deep work done And there are things that make Close a great place to be for any role: - The team is a great group of humans, there are no individuals I try to avoid because they're unpleasant to work with - Our leadership is focused on building a stable and profitable company, which is very reassuring always, but especially during economically uncertain times
Working for a fully-remote, geographically distributed company that uses asynchronous communication and collaboration is not for everyone. It could be a challenge for folks who are accustomed to in-person or synchronous work styles.Close Response5mo
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We're so glad working at Close has been positive for you and hope to continue working together for many, many years ❤️
- 5.03 Oct 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- flexible work hours - everyone is proactive and cares - awesome annual retreats - learning opportunities
Nothing major I can think ofClose Response2w
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate you :-)
- 5.021 Feb 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Fully Remote Incredibly Thoughtful Generous Benefits Amazing Annual Retreats (think Fashion Capital of the World!) Opportunity for Growth Great Product Innovative Customers
That I didn't find it sooner! (I joke - but it really is that great!)Close Response8mo
Thank you so much for sharing this feedback! See you in Milan next month ;-)
- 5.08 Sept 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
I've been at Close for over a year. It's been an amazing team to work on. They believe strongly in building a culture that is competent and creates a great product while at the same time being a place to enjoy working. The leading result is that I enjoy all of my teammates an co-workers & can confidently represent our product. I think Close does the best job I've ever seen creating a happy workplace.
I don't have many cons.1Close Response2y
Thank you for sharing your feedback! Appreciate you :-)
- 1.021 Jan 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
- Fully Remote - Annual Trip
- Elitist environment - Pay - Lack of transparency and trust5Close Response11mo
For anyone interested in joining our team, we're happy to hop on a call so you can get an actual sense of what working at Close is like. Feel free to reach out directly to ANY current team member (you can find us on LinkedIn!)
Close Reviews FAQs
Close has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 46 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Close to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
83% of Close employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Close 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.