Depop Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Depop

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 37 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Depop (United States)

Interview

Interview process took several weeks and included a project presentation. The team was incredibly well informed and seem amazing to work with. The product's future however is uncertain. I would definitely recommend working there though.

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary expectations
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Depop (United Kingdom)

Interview

The interview comprised of a live coding session with two members of the company. The live coding session was followed by questions from a principal engineer and these questions were followed by a culture fit section of the process with someone from HR

Interview Questions
Depop
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Depop (United States)

Interview

It was a short process, and all through a virtual platform. You have 60 seconds to prep for each question. There were 5 questions, and you had about a minute and a half to record each question.

Interview Questions
  • What is a strength you have and what is a weakness you have?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I interviewed at Depop (London, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

Process was a phone screen from in house recruiter, a chat with the VP product, an interview with head of product and CTO, a presentation of take home work with VP product, VP marketing, head of design, head of data. Very enjoyable interview process - culture seems good. Feedback from final round - presentation on how to bring off platform engagement on platform - was that I did not seem to have a way of involving stakeholders despite presenting a cross functional triple diamond discovery model so be sure to dial that up if you are speaking to them. Only downside is that I had to repeatedly chase the recruitment team up after a week or so of being ghosted at each stage.

Interview Questions
  • How to bring social engagement happening off platform into product.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Depop (London, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

Initially applied for the role in late November 2020. Received initial screening invite early December, then went onto the speak with the hiring manager - all good. Next stage was to speak with business sponsor and also technical person. This is where my interviews ended. Perhaps my slightly concerned expression, after learning that developers deploy directly to prod 50 time per week was taken very well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Depop (London, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

The overall process took 2 months with 5 interviews during that time. At every point I had to chase the hiring team multiple times before I'd get a response and when I did I was made to feel like I was an annoyance for contacting them. After the last interview I had I was told I'd be contacted with an update within the next day - I heard nothing. After following up (multiple times again) I was contacted 7+ days later to be told the job had already been accepted by another candidate. A very unprofessional hiring process where the company thinks you are lucky to simply be considered to work for them - there is no mutual respect on their end and frankly it has put me off considering to apply there again, a massive waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Give us an example of a time where you had to deal with a difficult colleague and how you overcame it?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United Kingdom
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Depop (United Kingdom) in Nov 2020

Interview

Very simple compared to other interviews I had before but I feel the feedback wasn't enough as the team is very young and now starting to have a sense of purpose

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Russia
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Depop (Russia) in Oct 2020

Interview

Was contacted by internal recruiter. After standard questions about experience he asked three very easy questions like "What is the difference between def, val and lazy val ?". Then he asked CV and after two days I received message that they have others candidates "who better met our requirements". Hmm, no tech interview, no test assignment - they definitely may read your mind and test your experience when you sleep :)

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between def, val and lazy val ?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Depop (London, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Interesting company but lacking seriousness in managing interviews. The process itself was good but the handling by HR terrible. First assessment self recording answers to questions with 60s to think and formulate, second stage in video interview with manager. I passed both stages. Got an official email from HR confirming I was going to the third and final stage, even got into details of what I should do and asked me to submit availability. Then got a call a few hours later saying they messed up and already gave the job to someone else. They didn't even let me take the last interview. Very bad treatment and unprofessional. They definitely need to IMPROVE their OPERATIONS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Depop (London, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

Very poor. Quick interview screen. Was told that the next interview was being set up and that they were progressing. Then ghosted me entirely and never replied to any chaser emails. I was an employee referral so I actually had a personal recommendation also. Very poor experience from Depop.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Interviews