Fitbit Android Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fitbit Android Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Fitbit

3.3

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Fitbit (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter set up a phone interview with director of engineering for the next week. Interview consisted of three parts: discussion of work experience, general Android knowledge, and Java programming exercise. Interviewer was experienced and very knowledgeable about Android architecture. Programming test was via coderpad. Interviewer explained on-site interview would involve Android coding.

Interview Questions

• Explain Android's activity lifecycle and background processing facilities. Reverse a linked list in Java.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fitbit

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Fitbit in June 2016.

Interview

Mostly disengaged manager asks increasingly specific data structure questions during the phone screen. Tripped up on one of the questions and the process ended. It is done via a web shared code editor. Difficult but not impossible. Just brush up on your data structures.

Android Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Fitbit (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted by HR a day later. Went through a 20 minutes phone screening that consisted of 15 minutes about the HR talking to me about Fitbit's history and products.

Then came the 1 hour phone interview with their lead Android engineer. We made introductions and talked a little bit about ourselves, then went into the technical portion. Now here's where it went downhill. There were two portions to the technical portion and I was only able to complete the first portion. While struggling with the implementation, I tried to keep the interview interactive by talking about my implementation, what I'm struggling with, and even tested my code, yet the interviewer didn't seem interested at all. All I could hear was texting sounds on the other end, besides the times when he would answer my questions. Then after we finished the interview, I checked my email and realized that HR sent me the rejection email WHILE I was in the interview. I understand that I wasn't technically competent to finish the implementation, but come on. Absolutely horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Given a linked list, make a deep copy of the list, then print its contents.   2 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.