Gap Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,899 of over 1,899.0 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Gap

Application

I interviewed at Gap

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone, only took about 15 minutes total time and was offered a job on the spot, questions were simple and they typically were like “what would you do in this situation”

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you were overwhelmed by school and work
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Gap (Toronto, ON)

Interview

You get to meet with multiple managers from different stores. This is to ensure a proper selection is made for the store you are being interviewed for. The selection process took a few weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for us.

Gap

Application

I interviewed at Gap

Interview

Smooth interview procedure and managers communicated well throughout the process with follow ups and updates. In person interview was pretty standard - lasted about 30 minutes and heard back within the week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gap

Application

I interviewed at Gap

Interview

Simple conversation over the phone about the role and time to meet for in person interview. Then, we met and it was very easy. Very kind general manager who made me feel welcomes and simply asked some questions about my resume.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gap

Application

I interviewed at Gap

Interview

The interview started late and I was asked the usual questions however manager seemed uninterested from the get go. Overall took 15 minutes and heard back about a week later

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for us What do you bring to the team

Gap

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gap

Interview

Group Interview, few questions asked, you may have to express throughout the interview why you would be a good candidate for the job as usual. Probably the easiest interview that I ever experienced so far.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you may have had to deal with a conflict?

Gap

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gap

Interview

Had Multiple interviews which were all friendly and engaging. Met with key people; and was asked relevant questions regarding experience. Each interview felt Highly professional. They elaborated on the work culture which felt inclusive, and an insight on the work environment was very helpful .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gap

Application

I interviewed at Gap

Interview

Easy and super personable people . Always have the best people there. As long as you have good management the job is fun and easy. Standard interview questions about experience and personality

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gap

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gap

Interview

Applied online and was emailed setting up a phone call interview. The phone call was probably 15 to twenty minutes of basic questions regarding how you handle situations/and suggest extra items to customers.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Gap

Application

I interviewed at Gap

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I applied online and received a call back within a few days to schedule an interview. Fairly simple process with simple questions. The interview felt like a normal conversation.

Interview Questions
  • They asked questions such as what interested you to apply and what makes you stand out.
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,899 Interviews

Gap Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Gap as 75.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.26 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Assistant and Sales Advisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Gap Sales Associate and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Gap takes an average of 11 days when considering 170 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 8 days), whereas Gap Sales Associate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 30 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Gap according to 170 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 36.92%