Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Gavin de Becker & Associates

2.5

Protector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Overland Park, KS (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Very professional and pleasant. I would definitely recommend doing business with this company. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful and they handle their interviews well. They also seemed concerned about what my future was with the company and asked about any concerns I had.

SSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in February 2019.

Interview

It was easy and quick for me. If you have prior experience in the security industry it should be no problem. They do try to intimidate candidates so they are truthful but it is mostly a tactic. They do not really listen to your requests or questions, it is mostly one sided. If they are willing to send me to their academy and pay for training just to realize they I was unwilling to work nights and weekends and then I quit, that is on them.

Interview Questions

• Mostly wanted hear about experience. They asked about ability to pass certain criteria.   Answer Question

Protector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Interview process for me took about 1 month until I was able to attend their training Academy. You apply online or have a current employee refer you to the company. GDBA recruiters will typically call you within 2-3 business day. From then on you follow the application process given to you by the recruiter (Interview, Physical Readiness Test, Polygraph, Training Academy) and after you graduate the Training Academy you will/will not get a contract to join the team.

Interview Questions

• When is deadly force authorized?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Several different interviews involved with different people including telephone, in person with a panel and one on one, video, and automated. Took a couple of months from start to finish.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

It was a positive experience...at the beginning. The in-person interview which lasted about 30 minutes and met 3 hiring managers. They were nice and asked questions about my work experience. I was selected to come back for a second interview to meet with the CFO and it was a positive experience. I really thought that I was going to be offered the position despite the fact that they wanted to consider me for other openings that they had. Then when it came time to following up to see if they were any updates, no reply from the recruiter after I sent a couple of emails. Then a month later, gotten one of their generated emails that I was not offered the position.
    You cannot arrive to the interview no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time. They do not validate parking. Depending on how long your interview is, expect to pay $5.00 or more to use their parking structure or metered parking.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an hostile situation with an employee?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Very nice location along with the building. The inside however felt very much like a sweat shop and the individuals were anything but impressive. This one guy kept bobbing his head which I found very disturbing during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where you want to be in 5 years.   1 Answer

Global Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in January 2018.

Interview

Fairly quick process....it almost was too easy which I found concerning. Attended the EPS academy which had great training and professional instructors. They really get deep into your personal and professional life which is a little much considering the caliber of position. Many of the workers I saw during academy seemed tired and burned out which allowed me to ascertain things about working at the company not presented in the official recruitment process. Still, if you NEED a job, the company seemed to be adaquate.

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (San Diego, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was Interviewed by a Team member at Gavin de Becker and Associates via telephone and video conference. The Recruiter at GDBA was extremely helpful, professional and worked with me on a time that worked best for me. I literally did the Interview from my living room.

Interview Questions

• The questions were professional, they were based on my experience, background and moral character. This was a smooth process. I felt like I knew the Recruiter personally. I felt very comfortable explaining my background.   1 Answer

Security Staff Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

This place is a joke. To this day I am still lost. I along with a group of other people were invited in for a group interview. It was supposed to last for three days. We went through a few tests during those days, all of which I passed or at least I was told so. My senses told me that something was wrong when a few people failed the tests, but they kept giving them lots of opportunities to pass those tests. Then, on the second to the last day they drug test us and then take us to lunch. After all that we end up having an appetizing lunch and then we go back. They begin introducing us to time cards when they call a few people out who were unknowingly being dismissed. Then they call me and I talk to one of their clowns who tells me that I didn't make it. I ask him why and he says it's not a "good fit." I then asked him why, due to the fact that I had passed all of tests that they gave me. He gave me no answer, he probably lacked proper vocabulary. I was beyond lost, especially since the other applicants who were escorted out did not pass the tests. It doesn't anger me that they I didn't get hired it's just the BS that they gave us. If you don't want to hire us get to the damn point already. Don't introduce us to time cards, have us drive so damn far and then smile to our faces then all of a sudden "you didn't make it." Then again they were correct, it's not a good fit for me. I would much better off in law enforcement where I can help save lives, make a much higher salary, use my fluency in other languages and have a much more secure position. And, at least in the hiring process of law enforcement they don't BS you and waste your damn time. They won't invite to the academy if you have a DUI and they out the clear blue sky "oh you didn't make it." If you are disqualified they tell you instantly and most give you a reason or at least you might have an idea why you were disqualified , but with this place I'm still lost. Do your self a favor and join a career that actually makes difference in people's lives and that impacts the public. Quit the bull GDBA!

Security Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

This is the sequence. It lasted a total of 3 days, but for 3 of us it lasted for 2 days. On the first day I failed the physical, but "luckily" for me they decided to give me a second chance. All of the others passed the physical. For the remainder of the 1st day they gave us lectures and other info. On day 2 they let us take the CPR test and gave us more lectures, we also received a test for the info that we received on day 1. One of the guys who took the CPR and the test on the info from the first day failed both tests, but one of the guys from Gavin de Becker and Associates who was working gave that guy numerous chances (it seemed like they really wanted all of the applicants to pass the tests). After taking the tests they gave us more lectures. After the lectures, they drug tested us then we went to lunch during lunch we were conversing amongst each other and had a great time. After lunch we headed back so that they could introduce us to our timecards. While we sat in the room they began calling us out one by one (they called a total of three of us out). They called us out to dismiss us and tell us that we did not make it. We were of course quite upset. The reason that they gave me was becuase I didn't pass the physical test, the dismissed the guy that also failed his CPR test and the other lecture test and they dismissed another guy who didn't fail anything. My question is why didn't you dismiss us on the first day when I failed the physical test or dismiss the other guy after he failed the CPR test and lecture test?? Why waste our time and be so darn fake about it?? They smiled to our face and said we will give you guys all the tools to pass and they seemed like they wanted us to pass then out of nowhere just dismiss people. Then those cretins just lied to us throughout the entire process and wasted our time. How unprofessional and disrespectful! This company like a fake friend.Damn idiots!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.