Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Gavin de Becker & Associates

2.6

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates.

Interview

Long and tedious. Lots of hurry up and wait Blah blah blah de Ed the dumb reviews. Equal dumb answers because I hate dumb questions and answers.

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

It was a group interview held on Zoom. We had to submit our answers via email since the whole COVID-19 would require the group interview to take way too long. We were given a time span to answer and submit our emails. Within a few hours I heard back.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you are different from the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

It started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Then they scheduled an in-person interview, as well as a video interview with the IT department head and the director. They also did a background check and drug test before they gave me an offer. The process was extremely quick, it took less than 2 weeks before I got an offer.

Protector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Overland Park, KS (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Very professional and pleasant. I would definitely recommend doing business with this company. Everyone I spoke with was very helpful and they handle their interviews well. They also seemed concerned about what my future was with the company and asked about any concerns I had.

SSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in February 2019.

Interview

It was easy and quick for me. If you have prior experience in the security industry it should be no problem. They do try to intimidate candidates so they are truthful but it is mostly a tactic. They do not really listen to your requests or questions, it is mostly one sided. If they are willing to send me to their academy and pay for training just to realize they I was unwilling to work nights and weekends and then I quit, that is on them.

Interview Questions

• Mostly wanted hear about experience. They asked about ability to pass certain criteria.   Answer Question

Protector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Interview process for me took about 1 month until I was able to attend their training Academy. You apply online or have a current employee refer you to the company. GDBA recruiters will typically call you within 2-3 business day. From then on you follow the application process given to you by the recruiter (Interview, Physical Readiness Test, Polygraph, Training Academy) and after you graduate the Training Academy you will/will not get a contract to join the team.

Interview Questions

• When is deadly force authorized?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Several different interviews involved with different people including telephone, in person with a panel and one on one, video, and automated. Took a couple of months from start to finish.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

It was a positive experience...at the beginning. The in-person interview which lasted about 30 minutes and met 3 hiring managers. They were nice and asked questions about my work experience. I was selected to come back for a second interview to meet with the CFO and it was a positive experience. I really thought that I was going to be offered the position despite the fact that they wanted to consider me for other openings that they had. Then when it came time to following up to see if they were any updates, no reply from the recruiter after I sent a couple of emails. Then a month later, gotten one of their generated emails that I was not offered the position.
    You cannot arrive to the interview no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time. They do not validate parking. Depending on how long your interview is, expect to pay $5.00 or more to use their parking structure or metered parking.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an hostile situation with an employee?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Very nice location along with the building. The inside however felt very much like a sweat shop and the individuals were anything but impressive. This one guy kept bobbing his head which I found very disturbing during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where you want to be in 5 years.   1 Answer

Global Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in January 2018.

Interview

Fairly quick process....it almost was too easy which I found concerning. Attended the EPS academy which had great training and professional instructors. They really get deep into your personal and professional life which is a little much considering the caliber of position. Many of the workers I saw during academy seemed tired and burned out which allowed me to ascertain things about working at the company not presented in the official recruitment process. Still, if you NEED a job, the company seemed to be adaquate.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.