Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Gavin de Becker & Associates

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Unfortunately, I felt like the company was very unprofessional and disorganized. There was clearly a lack of communication and internal controls, not only directly to me as an applicant, but to other workers in management. I wasted an entire month "interviewing" with this company and even turned down another job offer so my recommendation for anyone else who is interested is to not even bother with this company, unless you want to deal with the frustrations of incompetency. Furthermore, I had an interview set up with one of the managers who never even showed and I waited about 3 hours on my own birthday and even went out of my way to follow up twice to see what happened afterward and it took them well over a week to respond with a petty apology with no explanation. I also did not get a job offer, which is a loss for them as I would really have made that company better with growth.

Interview Questions

• What is it about you that would make the company better?   1 Answer

SSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online; Skype Interview, Phone Call, 127 Question/ Videotaped Interview, Polygraph Background Check, Psych done at Academy. It was very efficient, I had gone through LE recruiting prior and felt they were equal.

Interview Questions

• Am I trustworthy, Honest, Focused.   1 Answer

SSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in November 2016.

Interview

Great process. Several steps but well organized. Most of it was done via webcam but they got back to you pretty quick. The training academy was fun. A lot of the questions seem redundant but you realize they are asking more about you as a person than they are your experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I considered myself a positive person.   1 Answer

SSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in February 2019.

Interview

It was easy and quick for me. If you have prior experience in the security industry it should be no problem. They do try to intimidate candidates so they are truthful but it is mostly a tactic. They do not really listen to your requests or questions, it is mostly one sided. If they are willing to send me to their academy and pay for training just to realize they I was unwilling to work nights and weekends and then I quit, that is on them.

Interview Questions

• Mostly wanted hear about experience. They asked about ability to pass certain criteria.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Several different interviews involved with different people including telephone, in person with a panel and one on one, video, and automated. Took a couple of months from start to finish.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

You will recieve an email telling you to do an online interview in which they have pre recorded questions and you respond to them via video and text. Each question you have about 2 minutes to respond to.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Studio City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Studio City, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

It was very lengthy since there is a lot of sensitive information. Totally understandable. I also had to do a lie detector test, which I personally thought was ridiculous, but I guess that's the norm when applying for a job in a security company. I spoke with several people before getting the job. I think they do pretty well with the whole process.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Very nice location along with the building. The inside however felt very much like a sweat shop and the individuals were anything but impressive. This one guy kept bobbing his head which I found very disturbing during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Where you want to be in 5 years.   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

It was a positive experience...at the beginning. The in-person interview which lasted about 30 minutes and met 3 hiring managers. They were nice and asked questions about my work experience. I was selected to come back for a second interview to meet with the CFO and it was a positive experience. I really thought that I was going to be offered the position despite the fact that they wanted to consider me for other openings that they had. Then when it came time to following up to see if they were any updates, no reply from the recruiter after I sent a couple of emails. Then a month later, gotten one of their generated emails that I was not offered the position.
    You cannot arrive to the interview no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time. They do not validate parking. Depending on how long your interview is, expect to pay $5.00 or more to use their parking structure or metered parking.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an hostile situation with an employee?   Answer Question

Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview, is a video interview. They send you an email with a link to a prerecorded interview. You have about a week to do the interview. I did all the practice interviews using their system, however I felt that I was misinformed on the 1. time given to think about the question, and 2. the time given to answer the question. The instructions gave a longer period of time, than what was actually allotted. It was difficult to try and formulate an answer while watching the count-down clock before the recording abruptly stops and you move on to the next question. I found it tough to talk to a computer rather than a person, as well as ensure that the camera was presenting me correctly.

I am rating the interview as "difficult" only because the timing threw me off when trying to answer the questions, and not being able to communicate in real time to a person over the phone or in-person or etc.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are you looking for in your next career? Q: Something along the lines of - tell them a time of when you didn't know something and how did you go about finding it out...   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.