Gavin de Becker & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 42 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Gavin de Becker & Associates

Gavin de Becker & Associates

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates

Interview

They ask for a bunch of info that takes a long time to get together. Then I had a video interview with an employee out of their LA office. She asked me if I'd ever been accused of stealing anything from other places I'd worked at. I found her rude. Then I went to a school track and ran a mile. I didn't get an offer. My coworker interviewed here, they gave him an offer, then retracted it.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever been accused of stealing anything from your previous work places?
    Answer Question

Gavin de Becker & Associates

Application

I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates

Interview

Interview process was simple and straight forward. A few rounds of video interviews, phone interview and a pre-academy physical aptitude test were held. The physical test was fairly easy and not entirely difficult, nearly every candidate passed.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about relevant experience and why I wanted to join the company

Gavin de Becker & Associates

Application

I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates

Interview

Very comprehensive interview process that weeds out the bad. As long as you are truthful and honest you will come out okay. It may be more work than other interviews but the job is worth the time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gavin de Becker & Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates in May 2021

Interview

Overall the interviews themselves were great. The people were friendly, transparent, and felt more like they already thought you were qualified/already wanted to have you on the team and were simply using the interview process to make sure you fit as a person on the specific client team they have in mind for you. They also need to buy time for the background checking to process, to ensure you are a good person with no crazy background or criminal baggage. This background process took much much longer than all other portions of the app and interviewing, but some was likely due to company admin changes in process (a reorg of sorts). Another weird aspect was a surprise video interview after the background checks that tests your ability to act under pressure. You are doing recorded visual memorization tests, answering scenario questions, normal interview questions, etc. randomly on a timer and then to top it off they will interrupt you throughout this two hour process with a live person to ask follow up questions/challenge your answers. Once I realized they must not care about your answers (since many had been asked before already) but more how you handle this "stress" it was a lot easier and kind of fun. But a little unnecessary so late in the process since it took so long in my opinion.

Interview Questions
  • What is your learning style and how do you keep people engaged as a leader?

Gavin de Becker & Associates

Application

I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates

Interview

background investigation similar to law enforcement applicants. Consists of reference checks, a few interviews, a polygraph, and a physical agility test. only difference between this process and that of an LE agency, is that you don't have to take a written proficiency exam.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gavin de Becker & Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates

Interview

Long and tedious. Lots of hurry up and wait Blah blah blah de Ed the dumb reviews. Equal dumb answers because I hate dumb questions and answers.

Gavin de Becker & Associates

Application

I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates

Interview

It was a group interview held on Zoom. We had to submit our answers via email since the whole COVID-19 would require the group interview to take way too long. We were given a time span to answer and submit our emails. Within a few hours I heard back.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think you are different from the rest of the candidates?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

It started with a phone interview with a recruiter. Then they scheduled an in-person interview, as well as a video interview with the IT department head and the director. They also did a background check and drug test before they gave me an offer. The process was extremely quick, it took less than 2 weeks before I got an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Gavin de Becker & Associates

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates

Interview

This company are complete time wasters. They have on a number of occasions asked me to apply for roles after submitting a CV and then after filling out a highly detailed form each time have put in a nice little gotcha in the middle of the form. Examples include : You need this licence only highlighted midway through the the form We want the original copies of your military discharge. (Even if decades ago) The final sting in the tail is they ask to do a background check on you with all this data and reserve the right to retain this data on you. GDPR be damned. If you are filling out the form properly and have a bit of experience then expect to spend maybe 3 -4 hours. They also want two references from the last three jobs you have worked, your passport and your drivers licence. Not worth applying for as they are asking for too much data with non certainty of a job and probably using it just to build their risk models. Being a commercial entity they are probably selling this data as well. I have gone through this process a few times and I can honestly say this is the last and I would recommend that you avoid unless there is nothing else

Interview Questions
  • They want to know everything you have ever done and want a crazy amount of detail

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gavin de Becker & Associates (Dublin, Dublin) in May 2020

Interview

Just normal interviews, questions about your background and motivations. They put a lot of emphasis in your qualifications and how did you fit the company values. They also require lots of informations about your background with a crazy amount of detail

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews