Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Genentech Interview Questions

Interviews at Genentech

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

It was note very long, not very short, just right. Not 10 min, not an hour, just 30 min. It was not very formal and it was at school. The interviewer was nice. They were friendly. It was not very detailed. They asked me to tell them about myself.

Senior Health Economist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

The hiring managers were very personalbe and seemed to love working for the company. They provided adequate answers to all the questions I asked. The HR team was responsive and replied to my emails within 2 hours. They were transparent about the hiring process and what to expect throughout the interview process.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online, had multiple behavioral interviews and presentations on my previous research. It took a couple of months to complete the entire process. Overall, it was a good experience and average interview difficulty.

Interview Questions

• mostly basic behavioral questions and explaining your research   Answer Question

Pharm Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

One round interview over Google Meets due to COVID-19. Very casual interview, more informational than technical. At the end of the interview I was given a few minutes to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you did to step up and do something positive in a workplace/class?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

First was a phone screen, then a 1:1 with the Hm. After that all the interviews were held remotely due to covid. I did several video calls with different members of the team. Overall the process went very smoothly with only minor technical difficulties.

Senior Scientific Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech in June 2020.

Interview

I've interviewed for multiple SSR roles in different Genentech departments remotely during the pandemic. Usually, the initial interview is ~1 hour via video chat. Full interviews involve a 45 minute seminar with 15-20 minutes for questions followed by a series of 30 minute 1:1 interviews with ~15 people in the department. Full interview takes about 1.5 days. I did the seminar and all interviews remotely via video conferencing software. Last step is reference check and they required written letters from 3 advisors. I interviewed for multiple positions at Genentech with very positive feedback and was told to hear from them in less than a week. After multiple emails and 2 months later, I finally got an official no from them. It is extremely rude to ignore candidates and tell them that they are the top candidate, request 3 written reference letters, and then never even tell them that you hired someone else. Isn't this why you have hiring departments and recruiters? Especially with that long and grueling of a full interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how you fit this role at Genentech.   Answer Question

Country Study Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Keep in mind, my interview process was during the COVID-19 pandemic. For my first interview, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a 30-minute phone screening. This was a basic interview to go over skills, experience, knowledge, and interest in the position/company. The second interview was a video interview with the same hiring manger and co-manager that lasted about an hour. This interview consisted of multiple scenario-based questions in the STAR method format. The third interview was a video interview with the Director (superior to the hiring manager and co-manager) that also lasted about an hour. This interview also consisted of several scenario-based questions in the STAR method format. The fourth and final interview was a phone call with HR. This interview consisted of a few questions about interests in the position/company, potential start dates, and salary range. I was then asked or my references. The reference check took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this specific position?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working for Genentech?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had competing priorities? How did you mange? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you received difficult feedback? How did you handle it? What was your response? How did you go about improving?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to implement a process/delegate tasks and received push-back or criticism? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a process or program you created/co-created and implemented that was for a long-term goal or project? How did you created it? How did you implement it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you worked with a difficult co-worker? What was the situation? How did you go about it working with them? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were asked to do something or complete a task that you did not agree with? How did you manage it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Scientific Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

1. 1 hr phone call with hiring manager
    2. 20 min call with HR
    3. Three 30 min interviews with scientists in the group
    4. Full day (9-5) interview which included a 1 hr job talk and 8 one-on-one interviews with scientists and SSRs in the group

Intern Interview

Interview

It was very smooth. Nothing high stakes. He did not ask any particular questions about me or what I would do in an x y z situation. Just please tell me about yourself and your past experiences.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Had a phone interview and asked to provide 3 reference letters, and I received no responses after that. Phone interview mainly involved asking me questions regarding my research experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.