Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Genentech Interview Questions

Updated 6 Dec 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very well-structured interview. The first round was taken in-person (1-on-1 based) about 30min and questions are generally behavioral questions. They didn't ask us any in-depth one. There's a second round in the following year which is made up of a full-day intense interview.

Interview Questions

• Q. Please share your recent leadership experience.   Answer Question
    • Q. What is your strength or weakness?   Answer Question
    • Q. How do you come up with solutions when I feel like you have no experience or no one to ask?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

online application --> on campus --> on site
    the whole process lasted for 3 weeks and the on-site interview is not very conventional. I waited for 40 mins until the teams showed up. They also ask very chill questions like your hobbies.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

A couple of rounds of interviews plus a final panel interview. Interviews ranged from one on one to panel interviews. Some were more casual conversations and others more difficult behavioral related questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Genentech and the position you applied for?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Straight forward interview for R & D. You need to be able to justify what you write down on your resume, especially the technical, scientific and trouble - shooting parts. If you have publications, you need to be able to describe what you did, its findings, etc.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Very rude, obnoxious and arrogant reviewers who feel good by belittling others.
    They know they are not doing anything useful for the company nor for the humanity, and they do not want to share their good fortunes with anyone they don't know personally.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a situation when you tried to explain something to someone and could not do it.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was an 8 hours onsite interview. I met with 10 senior scientist and Directors associate directors from different division, each took 30 minutes. There was a 1 hr seminar, where they check your communication skill and scientific excellence.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with the hiring manager, who described the responsibilities of the position and asked general questions about my experience and skills. I went on-site for an interview a couple of weeks later. The interview was all day (8am-5pm) followed by a dinner and consisted of 30 minute 1:1s and a 1 hour seminar. The company is required to interview multiple candidates, so I did not hear back for approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with a difficult person? How did you manage it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Genentech? Why now?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Multiple rounds. Lengthy process from initial application submission to final decision. Interview done in front of a panel of leadership/upper management. Preparation is important as well as presenting some sort of portfolio I.e resume, cover letter, accomplishments, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond in the work place   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Most interviews for internships are held over the phone since students are applying from across the country. The process was relaxed and they mostly asked about my past experience. A few hypothetical questions were asked about how I would improve my research or what techniques I would use if I wanted to investigate "x". They also shared a lot about what my responsibilities would be.

Interview Questions

• In your research, if you wanted to find "x", what techniques would you use?   Answer Question

Foundation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Sign in and be escorted to the interviewing panel. The interview panel could be in any building and that information is not given to you until the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us something about you that your resume doesn't.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.