Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Genentech Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2017

3.1

IT Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Very rude, obnoxious and arrogant reviewers who feel good by belittling others.
    They know they are not doing anything useful for the company nor for the humanity, and they do not want to share their good fortunes with anyone they don't know personally.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a situation when you tried to explain something to someone and could not do it.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was an 8 hours onsite interview. I met with 10 senior scientist and Directors associate directors from different division, each took 30 minutes. There was a 1 hr seminar, where they check your communication skill and scientific excellence.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Most interviews for internships are held over the phone since students are applying from across the country. The process was relaxed and they mostly asked about my past experience. A few hypothetical questions were asked about how I would improve my research or what techniques I would use if I wanted to investigate "x". They also shared a lot about what my responsibilities would be.

Interview Questions

• In your research, if you wanted to find "x", what techniques would you use?   Answer Question

Foundation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Sign in and be escorted to the interviewing panel. The interview panel could be in any building and that information is not given to you until the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us something about you that your resume doesn't.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One panel and one with the hiring manager. Pretty straightforward with typical interview questions. Know your experience and why you are a good candidate. External candidates will have a phone screen as well that goes over your resume and background.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview -It was mainly about my resume and projects related to the position.
    Onsite interview-More details into my resume.Explain your experience with the tool. How to use a specific functions and nodes present in the tool.

Intake Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Genentech (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed on campus with the hiring team. Behavioral interview based on learning workplace social skills in typical business interactions. Many questions asked me to describe situations I had been faced with in my career.

Interview Questions

• Describe your behavior when a team decided against a suggestion you had made.   1 Answer

QC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I got contacted by my recruiter for a contractor position and she scheduled an interview within a week. The interviews are pretty standard with a lot of emphasis on the behavioral questions rather than the technical material.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and your co-worker disagreed, how did you convince them to do what you were advocating for?   Answer Question

Senior Safety Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Genentech (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

You will be asked to give a presentation for about 45 mins. Then you will start the panel interview with the people there one by one. Each interview is about 20-30 mins.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Genentech.

Interview

Phone screen by HR, then by Hiring Manager and concluded with an onsite Interview (included a seminar presentation open to more members than interview panel). Hiring manager came back with an offer within one month of phone screen and offer was fair and competitive

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue where solution was not straight forward   1 Answer
    • Describe a project which you led a cross functional team   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.