Harvey Nichols Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Harvey Nichols Interview Questions

Interviews at Harvey Nichols

2.8

Assistant Interview

Interview

HR reached out and asked for my salary expectation, then tried to get my bottom line lowest salary expectation. And then further tried to get me to negotiate against myself to almost minimum wage — despite the job listing stating that they would prefer if the candidate had a masters.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

First of all, a recruiter reached me and arranged a phone interview with the lead engineer. I did a phone interview with him for about 30 min. First, we reviewed my resume. He asked me about OOP. Then they sent me a technical task. After the step, I did an on-site interview. I did pair programming with the engineer manager to expand the technical task which I completed it.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between abstract and interface?
      Can you explain polymorphism?
      Can you explain the session life cycle?   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online and got an invite for assessment centre, they give u a research assignment to do in store and asked to do a SWOT analysis. You then present your findings as a group of two, in front of everyone, combining your findings and come up with a way to improve their shop floors as well as strategies to gain more sales.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England).

Interview

So the interview consisted of a group assessment and selling task/mini presentation and a game if you werent selected to have a 1-2-1 interview you had to leave. If you were selected to have an interview you had to wait . They took a long time to get back to you as to whether you got the job I had to continue chasing Hr.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Manchester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

Very quick and efficient process from the online form and called within a few days. Met with the hospitality manager and was a nice and relaxed experience. He said that he will let me know In a few days and called me back for the second interview with another manager. Again just went over some points in my CV and he said again they will let me know in a week or so as they have some other candidates to meet. It has been almost two weeks and unfortunately I haven’t heard anything back and now the job has been re-advertised. All in all was a positive and professional experience until the end when not hearing back and seeing the job advertised again.

Mechandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Introduce myself
    Do Excel Test
    Ask my understanding of Harvey Nichlos
    It was a comfortable interview
    Just need more preparation on excel test. It's about advance if function and Vlookup.
    The main point of this interview should be that excel test.

Accounts Payable Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process took about 20 minutes. I was called in by the AP Assistant Managers and they were asking me about my previous AP experience. They will definitely want good Excel skills.

Bartender Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols.

Interview

After applying online, I was successfully chosen to attend an interview the following week. The interview went very well and everything was very relaxed. They asked about times in the past where I had gone beyond my role and how I had made a cusomterfeel valued. They also asked why I applied for HN. I accepted the offer, however this had to withdrawn due to an issue regarding travel.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you went beyond your normal role to make a customer feel valued   Answer Question

Buying Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England).

Interview

Had a fairly informal first round interview, talking about previous relevant experience and why Harvey Nichols. After the interview I was asked to do a maths test on percentages and ratios. The next day I was invited for a second round interview and asked to prepare a SWOT analysis and to propose two new brands to add to the HN portfolio.

I met with another buyer who seemed nice. Minimal questions relating to my presentation which was frustrating as I put a lot of time and effort into it.

I was told I would find out the following week whether I was successful or not - the week past and I still had heard nothing. I e-mailed the recruiter just to check in to see if any decisions had been made, I received (what looked like a copy any paste - try keep to the same format / font throughout HN) response 8 minutes later saying I was unsuccessful. Which to be honest really annoyed me - her response was so generic and impersonal. I reckon if I hadn't of e-mailed I wouldn't of heard a thing!

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online, I then received an email from the in-company recruiter to ask for an informal phone interview, I passed this and was offered an interview with 2 directors.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.