Harvey Nichols Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Harvey Nichols

2.8

SPA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grimsby, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Grimsby, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Formal Process interviewed for over an hour, went through my work history on CV, then went over general questions, it was more like a drilling, I was exhausted when I came out of there.

Interview Questions

• Why HN
      Describe a time when you gave good customer service   Answer Question

Harvey Nichols Response

22 Apr 2016 – HR Advisor

Thank you so much for taking a moment to give us feedback. I'm so sorry to hear that you feel you didn’t have a great interview experience with us. We're always looking at ways we can improve and... More

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was pleasant and didn't take too long. I was interviewed by 2 people who asked competency as well as background question. I felt pretty relaxed and welcome (as the interview wasn't too stressful). They were good at dealing with a stressed interviewee as well as the questions they had to ask.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really have to negotiate. Everything was straight forward.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chiswick, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Chiswick, England) in January 2018.

Interview

HR were very efficient from start to finish and the whole process was very clear and was completed in little over a week . You start off with a phone interview. You are then called in to meet your line manager and given a case study . You are then called in for a second interview . HR constantly gives you feedback after every stage which I think is really beneficial for yourself

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you introduced to the company that didn’t work and how you handled it ?   Answer Question

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Edinburgh, Scotland) in August 2012.

Interview

Very simplistic. Basic invite to send in a C.V. then an invite to first stage interview in the store with the H.R. Manager and one other. Second stage to include a training presentation.

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols in January 2018.

Interview

Very quick to respond after sending application. Good screening interview via phone by Talent Manager, who also gave some good insight into the organisation. Attended the interview with the HR Director. Interview was good - challenging but also friendly. My only gripe, is the outcome was given via email a day after via the Talent Manager. I always think when interviews take place, it’s always good practice to feedback to candidates in person or via the phone by the interviewer - rather than a 2nd person unpersonalised email.

Stylist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols.

Interview

group interview of roughly people - included four stages of role play and introducing yourself. . . fairly laid back experience, just expect to be talking in front of a group of people

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

First a phone interview is a carried out by HR manger and then a group interview is carried out next. During the group interview you are asked multiply questions and a group task takes places as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? A group task in which you have to find items from the shop floor to sell to customers and explain why you want to sell those item to customers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (Liverpool, England).

Interview

Telephone:
    I had a brief telephone conversation with the Floor Manager, who asked some general questions about availabilities and outlined the role advertised. She was extremely polite and mannerly on the phone, and asked if I could attend an interview in person the following week.

In store:
    I attended an interview in store. I was asked to sit at the café/bar to wait for the Floor Manager, and was offered a drink while I waited. The Manager took me upstairs to the spa, and conducted a one-on-one interview, which lasted about 45 minutes. She took care to outline the role and what was expected of employees, as well as some questions regarding my experience and CV. The interview was conducted in very good humour, with strong focus on the culture they wish to uphold among their staff.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England).

Interview

Screening session followed by an Assessment Centre and a final interview with the floor manager.
    The assessment centre is will several people (around 10 no more but sometimes less) with a 30 seconds sale presentation (solo) and a group presentation (4-5 people) where your capacity to explain your ideas/lead/... are being assessed.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Harvey Nichols (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

First I did an online application that consisted of sending in a CV and a cover letter then 2 weeks later I was called for a telephone interview where I was asked a few questions about why I would want to work for Harvey Nichols, my previous experience and my availability. After that I was offered a face to face interview in 2 weeks time. At the face to face interview there were many others but you go into a room when called and speak to the recruitment/HR manager who asks about your fashion tastes, why you think you'd fit in at the store etc then you leave and go back to the waiting room till called and the other HR managers will let you know if you were successful or unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.