HeliosX Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at HeliosX Group

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in Dec 2021

Interview

By far the worst interview I've ever had the displeasure of being a part of. For this role, I interview for a position with Dermatica and MedExpress First interview was a video call with the Senior Design Lead in which the interviewer, believe or not, was the least prepared of the two of us. They showed up late to the call, were outdoors where it was a little noisy, their camera was off, and rambled on for half the interview about the company and role without any sort of direction. They also asked very few questions and left little time for my own. After this, I was sent two tasks to complete, both vaguely phrased, which made it more difficult to design for. One was a UI task for an over-the-counter product page (read free consulting as they already have a similar offering live on their site), and the other was a UX task where a dataset and analyse what could be causing drop off in usage, as well as recommendations for improvements. Both of these were to be sent off by email, after which they would get back to me about scheduling an interview with their Design Lead, which is a very unusual thing to do. A few days after submission, I was declined further progress in the application. Which I wouldn't have minded if it wasn't for the feedback essentially nitpicking at the deliverable created (which was based on the handful of assets they'd made available, and the complete lack of brand guidelines that would justify this). Moreover, the UX task was not even mentioned, most likely because I did their design team's job for them by analysing the data on what is a live product (again, read free consulting.) Worse still, my cynicism is confirmed once you consider that they asked for any asset I created for the UI task to also be sent to them. An oddly specific request to make if they didn't plan on making use of these in any capacity. All in all, they were very happy to use the interview process to mine designs and analysis from unsuspecting candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Please tell us about yourself?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in Nov 2021

Interview

I applied through Linkedin, then had long detailed call with a recruiter, after another long and very detailed called with an alleged hiring manager (I wasn't entirely sure how a Senior Manager can be a hiring manager for Head of a department, but whatever). Then came task then the call presenting the task. The task consisted of several questions related to the excel spreadsheet with a bit of information that didn't make much sense on it's own and clearly signified that the hiring manager/s are not very good with data and any customer acqusition metrics whatsoever. 2nd part of the task was to write a one year strategy plan for Influencer Marketing for the company. I should have declined at that point but I didn't see the red flag. After having 2 interviews where we discussed every single detail about my work experience and expertise I would have assumed they know who they are working with and the task is to show my way of thinking and working. That's how it should be, instead they got a full on influencer marketing strategy, extremely detailed, very elaborate, very professional. It is something that I would have charged around 7-10K eur most probably if I was an invited consultant and not an interviewee. Tasks should not be like these, take home tasks must be generic, if they get tailored very specifically to your company then you are simply exploiting people. And that is exactly how I felt: exploited and used. After and during presenting the strategy the hiring manager and some other marketing person whose position i didn't really understand, they just were there, went on asking me dozens of questions that were IRRELEVANT to the position and to the task, I just mentioned a couple of things about that are slightly beyond that specific position but applicable to the overall strategy , and they went on asking everything I know about that and taking notes for themselves. Dear managers, if you don't know how to do your job, do yourself. favour and take some courses or something, don't embarrass yourself like that, you look very amateur and your incompetence is radiating through my screen. Anyway, after 1,5+ hours the CEO who was there too had to run and I didn't have much time to ask questions since half of the time those 2 were asking irrelevant to Head of Influencer Marketing position questions. They used me and got a free full on strategy from a professional with years of experience, something they should have paid for by the way. The CEO only asked me what would I do if I needed to hire a team, would I use my contacts and network etc, I said yes of course, I have a very broad network of professionals and recruiters in this specific sphere. I ended up being rejected because I "don't have experience hiring people and they need someone who does". Ehm, honey, this is your job, you are a recruiter, how about everyone learns how to do their job and not torture candidates for no reason? Long story short: the integrity of this company is clearly not at its best and if you are a person of high values and integrity this is not a place for you..

Interview Questions
  • How many sales would X make if only women convert, Calculate the CR%, CPA etc, several basic KPIs
Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group (London, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

4 X 1 hour calls. 2 with the Talent team, 1 with the CEO and 1 with their People consultant/advisor. I found the first 2 unnecessarily long and centred around the interviewers - I didn't do a lot of talking. Nevertheless I proceeded and met with the People consultant, who seemed pleasant and a really talented individual. My call with the CEO was quite shocking. His body language was rude, visibly tapping his foot, looking around him and tapping the desk. He cut me off whilst I was talking on several occasions and made no effort to get to know someone for a role they said was important to them. The feedback I had from the recruiter was that while they saw a fit for me on the team, I said 'we' instead of 'I'. An absolutely pathetic piece of feedback from a company who clearly hold themselves with such esteem (too much from my experience).

Interview Questions
  • Name 3 non-negotiables for you in your role.
  • Have you used employee NPS, what other metrics have you measured? The CEO only asked data led questions showing a lack of understanding of the importance of employee sentiment and culture - particularly in a start/scale-up.

HeliosX Group

Application

I interviewed at HeliosX Group

Interview

multi stage process which assesses general problem-solving skills (algorithms, data structures) and front-end skills (fundamentals and frameworks), through a take-home paid assessment, and an online coding quiz on a hiring platform.

Interview Questions
  • How do you ensure you are building a really effective and intuitive user interface?
1 person found this interview helpful

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in May 2021

Interview

First there was the CV screening and then a Code challenge from Hackerrank with 3 questions. The first one was a collection related problem as well as the second one and the third one was a string problem.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HeliosX Group

Interview

Efficient process, completed four interviews and one assignment in one week. My HR contact was always available and ensured continuous coordination. First step HR, second step VP Growth, third step VP Growth and Head of Product, fourth step CEO.

Interview Questions
  • Various themes discussed, focus on product development process and prioritisation.

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HeliosX Group

Interview

I applies online, it took over 2 weeks to complete all the process. First, receive 2 test to be done, then the interview and the final stage was to spend some time with the team. Really nice experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in Feb 2021

Interview

I had an initial interview, followed by a technical challenge and case study. I was offered a preparation call for the case study which really helped, and the process was really supportive for success!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group (London, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Overall I had a very pleasant experience with the interview process and the following will outline my experience of the process There were in total 2 hour-long technical interviews, 2 half-hour cultural interviews and 2 take-home tests. The 2 cultural interviews were the first and last interviews I had (the last one being with the CEO). They were pleasant and useful in getting a feel for what the company is about and also so that the company gets an idea of who you are. The 2 technical interviews were each after a technical test but I'll go over the interviews first. The first one was with the Head of Engineering and gave me a good idea of the issues the company faces on a technical level. What impressed me about this interview was that he was very honest about their issues and didn't want to hide anything. The second technical interview was a group interview with 3 of the engineers and the head of engineering again. This was also in part a cultural fit interview and once again I was impressed with how candid the engineers I spoke to were. They were able to answer my question and alleviate any concerns I had. As for the two take-home tests, the first was a general and very broad test covering many different aspects of the role. It consisted of multiple choice, long-form answer and coding challenges. None of the questions themselves were too difficult but the test as a whole was definitely tailored for the role as was demonstrated by the breadth of knowledge required. The second test was a much more focussed test in a part of the role that is very important. Once again, this test wasn't too tricky but for those without experience in this area it would take a long time to complete. As it stood for me the test was a pleasant length and did require that I look through some documentation but this is allowed; which is, of course, sensible as that is what one would do on the job.

Interview Questions
  • How would I go about improving their deployment times based on the description of the system they use that was described to me?

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in Jan 2021

Interview

Got an assignment after the call with HR. got two assignments to complete in one week time . One was a UX assignment to redefine an existing workflow. Second was a UI assignment create a mobile e-commerce website to sell their product. I completed two assignments in one week and share the Figma links. didn't get any reply for two weeks then I send a mail to HR and ask about the progress. That time they replied me back with a message saying that I didn't selected for the role they went ahead with another candidate who previously associated with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews