HeliosX Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at HeliosX Group

HeliosX Group

Application

I interviewed at HeliosX Group

Interview

multi stage process which assesses general problem-solving skills (algorithms, data structures) and front-end skills (fundamentals and frameworks), through a take-home paid assessment, and an online coding quiz on a hiring platform.

Interview Questions
  • How do you ensure you are building a really effective and intuitive user interface?
    Answer Question

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in May 2021

Interview

First there was the CV screening and then a Code challenge from Hackerrank with 3 questions. The first one was a collection related problem as well as the second one and the third one was a string problem.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HeliosX Group

Interview

Efficient process, completed four interviews and one assignment in one week. My HR contact was always available and ensured continuous coordination. First step HR, second step VP Growth, third step VP Growth and Head of Product, fourth step CEO.

Interview Questions
  • Various themes discussed, focus on product development process and prioritisation.

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HeliosX Group

Interview

I applies online, it took over 2 weeks to complete all the process. First, receive 2 test to be done, then the interview and the final stage was to spend some time with the team. Really nice experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Overall I had a very pleasant experience with the interview process and the following will outline my experience of the process There were in total 2 hour-long technical interviews, 2 half-hour cultural interviews and 2 take-home tests. The 2 cultural interviews were the first and last interviews I had (the last one being with the CEO). They were pleasant and useful in getting a feel for what the company is about and also so that the company gets an idea of who you are. The 2 technical interviews were each after a technical test but I'll go over the interviews first. The first one was with the Head of Engineering and gave me a good idea of the issues the company faces on a technical level. What impressed me about this interview was that he was very honest about their issues and didn't want to hide anything. The second technical interview was a group interview with 3 of the engineers and the head of engineering again. This was also in part a cultural fit interview and once again I was impressed with how candid the engineers I spoke to were. They were able to answer my question and alleviate any concerns I had. As for the two take-home tests, the first was a general and very broad test covering many different aspects of the role. It consisted of multiple choice, long-form answer and coding challenges. None of the questions themselves were too difficult but the test as a whole was definitely tailored for the role as was demonstrated by the breadth of knowledge required. The second test was a much more focussed test in a part of the role that is very important. Once again, this test wasn't too tricky but for those without experience in this area it would take a long time to complete. As it stood for me the test was a pleasant length and did require that I look through some documentation but this is allowed; which is, of course, sensible as that is what one would do on the job.

Interview Questions
  • How would I go about improving their deployment times based on the description of the system they use that was described to me?

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in Feb 2021

Interview

I had an initial interview, followed by a technical challenge and case study. I was offered a preparation call for the case study which really helped, and the process was really supportive for success!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in Jan 2021

Interview

Got an assignment after the call with HR. got two assignments to complete in one week time . One was a UX assignment to redefine an existing workflow. Second was a UI assignment create a mobile e-commerce website to sell their product. I completed two assignments in one week and share the Figma links. didn't get any reply for two weeks then I send a mail to HR and ask about the progress. That time they replied me back with a message saying that I didn't selected for the role they went ahead with another candidate who previously associated with them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HeliosX Group (London, England, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

Really positive response with HR to my CV and experience and she quickly set up an online recorded interview. After this was submitted I was abruptly ghosted, despite various requests for feedback via multiple channels. An incredibly unprofessional and belittling experience - although feel like I probably swerved a bad management team, as HR usually reflect inner company values...

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at HeliosX Group (Amsterdam) in Dec 2020

Interview

I applied to this role via LinkedIn and Brett, the Head of Talent at HeliosX, reached out to me promptly to schedule a first conversation. Right away, his enthusiasm and passion for HeliosX got me even more excited about the prospect of joining the company - it was truly infectious. In addition to sharing a helpful overview of the company, he was knowledgeable about marketing and about this role, which I have found is a rare quality in many interview processes. The fact that marketing was highly valued within the organization was also apparent to me. I spoke with the VP of Growth as well, who was friendly, honest, passionate, and smart. She asked unique and more challenging questions; she clearly wanted to ensure that the person filling this role would be a good fit. It's clear that she is used to setting a KPI for all aspects of her work which is so important in a professional environment, whether it is regarding finding the right candidate or reaching ambitious growth targets. I really felt that I could learn a lot from her. Ultimately I decided that I was not up for a full-time remote position, and withdrew myself from the hiring process. Even in declining to move further along in the process, HeliosX treated me with nothing but kindness and understanding.

Interview Questions
  • If the LTV of a customer is 100, what would your target CPA be?

HeliosX Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HeliosX Group in Nov 2020

Interview

The process started with interviewing with the Head of Talent. Besides discussing my previous roles and accomplishments, we had a great discussion on the needs of the company, their goals, and their expectations for this role. I was tasked with a design assignment that involved creating paid marketing assets and a mobile landing page. After providing the team with the requested assets, they responded with feedback that was focused on the "surface-level", visual design of the assignment, instead of a designer's thought process and design-thinking. I think they were specifically looking for a designer who would be able to produce designs for their marketing/growth team instead of a design leader.

Interview Questions
  • What are your design strengths? How would you describe design success? What do you look for when you're hiring junior designers?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews