Holiday Extras Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Holiday Extras Software Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England).

Interview

The process was reasonably fast and the People Team kept in constant contact throughout the process and were easy to contact to answer any questions or queries.
The first stage of the process, involves submitting a tech test. If succesful, you will be invited for a face to face interview with someone from The People Team and Web Team. Once again, if successful at this stage you will be invited back for a Pair Programming task where you will be accessed on more of a technical level.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Holiday Extras

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, England) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online by submitting a CV and covering letter through Holiday Extra's own form on their
    recruitment website. There were several stages to the interview process:

- A telephone interview where we discussed the role, team working and my interest in the job
    - A technical task to be completed from home, taking roughly a working day
    - Face-to-face interview with prospective line manager and HR representative
    - Face-to-face interview with technical staff to discuss previously completed task and experience
    - 'Meet the team' panel chat with a cross-section of technical staff
    - 1:1 pairing on a current piece of work with an existing member of staff.

At each stage everyone was friendly and approachable making it a lot less stressful as interviewee. The process felt very thorough which gave me confidence in the other team members I could be working with.

The whole process took 2-3 months in total and there were points where I didn't hear any feedback for 2-3 weeks. This did make me think that I had not been successful.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.