Holiday Extras Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Holiday Extras CEO Matthew Pack
Matthew Pack

Pros
  • Remote and flexitime working; if you want to work from home you can and choose hours that suit you home life (in 15 reviews)

• Amazing support and hard working teams, flexible working hours, Family orientated for a work/life balance and continued support to progress (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Bullyin in the call centre and favouritism is rife (in 3 reviews)

• The hierachy in the business is really fluid (which also has it's good points) which makes career progression a tough prospect (in 3 reviews)

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working at Holiday Extras because I have been given every opportunity to develop in my career. Holiday Extras has helped me find what my skills and strengths are and helped me build plans to achieve what I'd like to achieve.

I love the culture, I love the work, I love the building and I love the team.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any downsides. HX HQ is out of town, but there are good public transport links if you don't drive (and you can work remotely).

"Shortbreaks Call Centre"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smeeth, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smeeth, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time

Pros

Supportive environment with good opportunities to progress and get on in the team or in other teams around the business if thats what you want. Recognition is always readily available for a job well done so you want to do your best as you know it wont go unnoticed. Good benefits, especially if you are in the call centre.

Cons

Equipment (computers etc) is sometimes not up to standard.

Advice to Management

Keep recognising people as it drives them to do even better.

"Shortbreaks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing support and hard working teams, flexible working hours, Family orientated for a work/life balance and continued support to progress.
    Rewarded for hard work and dedication with a lot of FOOD!
    Regard for wellbeing

Cons

i need to go to the gym to shift the cake!

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to staff as usual and implement ideas.

5. ""Shortbreaks Is The Place To Be!"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Smeeth, England

Pros

I have been working In Shortbreaks for 5yrs. They are an outstanding company to work for, who look after us in every way. There's plenty of opportunity for progression within the company if you work hard. They have a great Work/Life ethic and great benefits!
    I look forward to going to work everyday, I love my work family!

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, The people are lovely, the environment/surroundings we work in are beautiful. I am very lucky to work in such a fantastic place.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6. "Glassdoor"

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair pay for the work that is required. Good benefits. Home working widely encouraged. Flexibility. Profit share. Great friendly people. Internal promotion for the right people.

Cons

On boarding can be a little tough on people, as there is a hierarchy system that takes a bit of getting used to if you have never experienced call centre work before.

"A brilliant place to work."

Current Employee - Web Developer in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management care, not only about you personally but also your progression. They're willing to invest in you then reward you when you excel.

There is a large amount of money invested into small events ( usually including free food and drink :) ) scattered throughout the year, additionally more practical benefits such as a private pension scheme etc.

The workload is nonstop as you would expect with a company that is constantly growing, but is managed well to avoid stress. The offices are lovely and modern, chill out spaces and lots of free coffee and hot chocolate machines!

Cons

Pay is a little under, but improving with salary matches to local companies.
    I personally feel sometimes the pod system gets in the way of being as productive as possible.
    There are no deal-breaking cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, you guys do a brilliant job.

"Bullying environment"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England

Pros

Apple lap tops nice building

Cons

Bullyin in the call centre and favouritism is rife

Advice to Management

Treat your staff as valued members of staff stop destroying them and reducing them to nervous wrecks

Holiday Extras Response

16 May 2017 – Associate People Director

We're really sorry to read this feedback. We have zero tolerance for bullying in any form so we'd like to understand more about your concerns and how we can resolve them. The People Team are always ... More

"Absolutely perfect!"

I have been working at Holiday Extras part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Homeworking
    -Flexibility
    -Support
    - Love my job role
    - Great benefits
    - Great staff
    - Awesome hot chocolate!
    - Brilliant training
    - Ability to move about within the company, secondments etc

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything, so grateful to work for HX, and I hope I am there for many years to come!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, we love you!

"You will never find anywhere better to work"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in Hythe, Kent, South East England, England

Pros

Know everyone, work hard/play hard, values are great, your ideas are listened to. Work here don't miss out.

Cons

If I could think of any I would let you know.

Advice to Management

Carry on with what you are doing - it works

"Bullying environment"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Smeeth, England

I have been working at Holiday Extras (More than a year)

Pros

Apple lap tops Apple soft ware

Cons

Nothing at all to say

Advice to Management

Stop the bullying tactics in the call centre , appreciate people for who they are and stop trying to destroy people's confidence ,one of the worst places to work ever

Holiday Extras Response

19 Apr 2017 – Associate People Director

We're really sorry to read this and would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail. The People Team are always available for you to speak to in confidence and we would appreciate ... More