Hollister Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Jul 2018
1,498 Interview Reviews

1.9

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in National City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (National City, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

To apply, you just fill out the application at the computer by the cash wrap. You choose and interview time/date and show up then. It's a group interview and they're all pretty much the same, whether you're applying for PTI(stock), Overnight or Model(floor associate).

Questions typically ask you to describe yourself, what you think about when you think "Hollister," a situation in which you worked well in a group etc.

Finished the group interview and got the job within 4-5 days.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of diversity and why is it important in the work place?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just accepted the job.

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

group interview, simple and basic questions about previous experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

You fill out the application in the store then you pick a schedule on what day you want to do the group interview after that if you did well there you will get a phone call on coming in to give them your info

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (San Antonio, TX (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

When I applied to work at Hollister I got an automatic interview because I previously worked at Gilly Hicks (an Abercrombie sub-company). I was interviewed the day after submitting my application and as always with Abercrombie they prefer it if you wear company clothing, so I did.

They asked me:
    Why diversity was important to me.
    A time that I worked well in a group.
    And a time that I worked well on my own.

Since the interview questions that are asked for all Abercrombie companies are the same I nailed each question.

I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why diversity was important to me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiation.

Overnight Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

Applied in store. Group interview with about 7 other individuals applying for daytime and night positions. Questions are fairly easy : Basic info about yourself, Situations in which you had to work as a part of a group to complete a task, how would your friends and family describe you, Fun fact

Interview Questions

• What is diversity and what does it mean to you   1 Answer

Overnight Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. in June 2013.

Interview

Filled out the application online and set up the time for interview online as well. I was interviewed in a small group where we took turns answering questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

It is a Group interview with at least 10 people. They ask everyone the same questions and basically your answers have to stand out from the others. Good luck on getting the job it is very competitive.

Interview Questions

• What does diversity mean to you?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Fort Collins, CO (US)).

Interview

Very laid back! thebinterview is scripted so they don't say much in reply. I honestly thought my DM was miserable the whole time but once I was hired she was great! Easy questions and just need to be friendly and confident. They look for people who can are "aspirational" so show that you're someone the kids can look up to.

Interview Questions

• What is a leadership situation in which you had to deal with someone who wasn't doing their job?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Myrtle Beach, SC (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very short, it lasted only about 30 minutes and it was held in the food court adjacent to the store with the district manager. The questions focused on my goals and personality and a little about the brand. I had an answer the next day.

Interview Questions

• how would you describe the brand?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

I was brought to do a group interview with another guy, super casual. Sat in a food court and was asked a few questions. We were expected to answer at our own pace.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you did not agree with management and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.