IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IBM Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

3.1

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Consisted of meeting three separate managers and senior technical staff. Brought into a meeting room and was asked several questions regarding my work history, followed by my educational background. Then was asked several technical questions focusing on security. with scenarios. I found the questions ranged from easy to mid level in complexity. Not many hard ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Your experience. Then into technical question   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through the interview process again for the second time in the past 5 years, and again, they permanently put a position on hold. My references checked out and passed my background check. IBM should not tease candidates in thinking they have an opportunity just to turn around and let them know it is on hold. I've missed opportunities because I couldnt give them a deciding answer since waiting for IBM to give me an answer. Very unprofessional!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you aware this is a on-going contract position and that there is no opportunity for permanent work?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed in Bangalore in 2009. The interview was fairly straightforward,no surprises. I think it all depends on your specific interviewer. My skillset is Mainframes and that's what the interviewer tested. The technical int lasted for about 45 mins and was followed by an HR interview with the Project Manager. I quoted a number and was offered that salary. I was offered Relocation benefits as well.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you implemented Multiple Row Fetch.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

For me it was easy since I had already worked for the client I was interviewing for, in this position and only had an interview about the new application I was going to work with.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Kolkata (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

I went at IBM office in KOLKATA at DLF 1. First there was a online assesment for Microservices - Spring Boot. After clearing the assessment I was called in for the 1st round of interview which was Technical and was taken over phone on the same day. Then after 1 hour I was called in for the 2nd round of interview which was basically Managerial + HR. The interview asked me questions like "Describe your current project architecture." "What is the most difficult phase you faced in your current organization and how did you handle it?".
    After the 2nd round I waited for half an hour and then I was called in for biometrics. The IBM personnel took my photo, finger prints, documents.
    One week later I got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Difference between HashTAble and HashMAp. What are comparable ANd comparator. What is Spring actuator? what are microservices? How you create immutable classes in java? What is singleton pattern? What are Enums? Why should we use ENums? Do you know any caching framework like Redis? What is CICD process? What is pipeline? Jenkins, GIT,etc.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2019.

Interview

It was good process there are 2 rounds. Technical and manager. When I was giving it was for Bangalore location. I have taken through Skype. They ask from basic to high level for experienced including server, do, basic Java, spring frameworks. Second is managerial it's salary discussion. It is completely based on your previous Cts. I didn't got Cts as expected.

Interview Questions

• Java basics, database, hibernate, spring mix, spring boot, tomcat and which skills you've mentioned in resume.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

1-1 Technical Discussion and Managerial Discussion .Salary negotiation is discussed with Manager. Manager showed his negotiation skills.so,please show your skills wisely then you can reach your expected salary

Interview Questions

• Covered tech stuff on Spark,Big data,scala,hive,sqoop,java and hbase. Covered almost all the concepts.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Mumbai (India)) in May 2018.

Interview

Interview was easy to crack .

3 rounds were there +1 last HR Round:

1)Online test and coding
    2)Technical Discussion
    3)Managerial Round
    4)Final HR Round

In Technical round they asked abut current project I am working on.
    basic spring questions.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

1. Was called on the basis of profile on Naukri via Job agency, Straight forward. Basic Mainframe questions. Interview within a week and then offer was made in another week

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview process was good. First technical round was on phone from their location.
    HR round was also good, they negotiate you, try to not go down much .
    The hectic and time consuming process was documents verification, it took 15-20 working days.

Interview Questions

• Basics of Python
      Basics of database
      Skills you have worked on Projects.
      Project details
      No unexpected questions   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.