IBM Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

IBM Systems Administrator Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Columbia, MO (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter will contact you then set up an interview. The interviewing process was real quick and easy for me. But for some people itll be harder. Just be yourself and promote your qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for working for IBM   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Started with a phone screening then one day of about 6 interviews with members of the team.

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Columbia, MO (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Long process. Several interviews. had to go through a third party filter site to even get an interview. Once accepted I was called in for an onsite interview. They did hiring in waves so I had to wait for the next wave to be given a job offer. Eventually they offered and I accepted. Started the job within a week after acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to technical ability. Such as knowing what IP addresses are, various windows services.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online, at IBM.com. I received an automated email telling me that i was being considered for the position. three weeks later I was called and had a brief phone conversation about general skills and availability. I was thanked and told that they would get back to me. two weeks after that i received another phone call inviting me to dubuque for a personal interview. this went well, however i never heard back from anyone. I called, left voicemail, and email, but never heard back. I finally gave up waiting.

Interview Questions

• The 5 levels of schema, their uses and the 7 layers of the OSI model and their uses... things you very seldom put into verbage.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

Teams. IBM likes communication and ideas. Teams. Because of the large diversity of those employed by IBM those interested in a position should keep an open mind, be optimistic and welcome a strength of thoughts, processes and habits influenced a great deal through a team environment. Teams. Work together, think together, communicate together. Teams. Get the point ?

Interview Questions

• Lean Methodologies. Give an example of how which you may use Lean Methodologies on a day to day basis.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Fishkill, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (East Fishkill, NY (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

I received an email from one of the area recruiting agencies (CDI Corporation) who had received my resume from a search of careerbuilder.com. After sending them a current resume (Word format), they replied three days later asking if I would attend a face -to-face interview. After doing the interview, I was offered the position five days later.

Interview Questions

• No real surprises from the hiring director...no uncommon or unexpected questions. Very routine interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter was the first to make an offer of $32/hr. As I was currently only making $21/hr, I did not attempt to negotiate for a higher rate.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

there will be online test followed by two technical rounds
    One manager round.
    after that HR will call you if you have luck/selected then it will take one month get the offer in your hand

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

regular process just like normal interview only .written test communication test technical round and final HR round .regular process just like normal interview only .written test communication test technical round and final HR round .regular process just like normal interview only .written test communication test technical round and final HR round .

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

In the interview first round was aptitude,
    second round was technical, third was managerial round and finally fourth round is human resource. Post that there was a written test after which there was compensation discussion later. It was quite lengthy process.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Straight forward 2 rounds of interview
    Initiated with experience review and reasons to join and reasons of leaving previous employment.

Good senior managers of the same project.

Interview was bit delayed it started quite late.

I got selected .

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.