ICON Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ICON Interview Questions

Interviews at ICON

2.8

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

contacted by a recruiter. 1 phone interview with HR about 30 minutes and video interview about 1.5 hours with 2 managers. the interview started with background then description of the job, and situation questions. There was time during to ask questions throughout the interview

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you have to have a difficult conversation with the site   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

I phone interviewed a couple weeks ago and haven’t yet heard back even after emailing a couple days after the interview. Overall the situation was pretty disorganized. My interviewer forgot about my interview and it wasn’t until hours afterwards that she got back to me. I thought I did okay but maybe wasn’t specific enough with my answers. Or it could really be that the phone interviewer is that disorganized and has forgotten to get back to me, I have no no clue.

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON in July 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who asked me a few basic questions about my background and why I'm looking for new employment. Next I had to answer several interview questions online through their web based system then submit the video. It consisted of about 15 questions. I had never done that before so it was a different experience. About a week later I was contacted to interview with 2 CRA Managers via webcam. One was pleasant and the other was hard to read. I thought I did ok but when I asked questions about the travel requirements it may have come across as I had issues with the travel which is 8-10 days onsite. After the interview I sent thank you emails and that was that. I never heard back even after sending an inquiring follow-up which was about 3 weeks. I got the hint and went elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• How do you use the Investigator Site file to monitor subjects?   Answer Question
    • How many monitoring visits have you completed throughout your career to include pre-study visits, site initiation visits, interim visits, and close out visits?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Long Island City, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

First was a phone interview of about an hour with general questions. Then, called in of in person interview. I was interviewed by a junior and senior level team leaders. They asked the standard questions. It seemed to go well. Then the big shots came in and asked a lot of questions. They really keep digging into every detail of your resume. However, they asked some ethical questions which were difficult.

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was straight forward and more of a conversation. Interviewer was personable and made me feel comfortable throughout the process. There was a phone interview to begin with and then an in person interview was set up for the week after.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a manager or another individual where you have a different method of approach with a situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

The Human Resource phone interviewer was rude as all get out. She stated that they would only pay me a certain amount and if I wasn't willing to take it the interview was pointless. I agreed to continue knowing the salary wasn't what I really wanted. I was think so no negotiations at all? The CTA director that I interviewed with 1:1 was super nice. I told her what the HR person said and she said she'd check on it. In the end, I was offered what I asked for because I had previous clinical research exp.

Interview Questions

• How would yo u handle not making a timeline?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Someone referred me, so I applied using their link. A ICON recruiter contacted me to do a screening interview and to tell me more about the role. The conversation went well and so I was set up to do an in-person interview with a manager and department head. It was a normal interview, average difficulty, nothing tricky but they asked good questions to get at my background and character.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Applied online. I then had a brief phone interview with an ICON recruiter. Basically a screen for getting an in person interview. Was then interviewed by two managers at the same time, one over the phone and one in person. Was called by the recruiter later the same day and offered the job. I accepted the job and started work two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company/industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICON.

Interview

Applied online and I was contacted by a recruiter about a week later asking to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview occurred about four days later and later about 20 minutes. Mostly Reviewing resume and explaining position and then inviting me for an in house interview the next week with a manager. One hour interview rather easy.

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICON (Brentwood, TN (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied for the CTA position on Icon's website. After applying I received a phone call from the recruiter for a quick phone screen. After that I was invited for an in-person interview the following week with 3 hiring managers, panel style. The interview was about an hour and a half long with the basic tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, why this position questions, and then of course situational / behavioral questions. Couple days later I was called back by the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is 3 things you don't like about your current job/workplace?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.