International SOS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

International SOS Interview Questions

Updated 28 Aug 2018

Configuration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trevose, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at International SOS (Trevose, PA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I went as a contractor for the position configuration Engineer. First i had the phone interview. Then I had F2F interview for 2.5 hours. I was interview by 4 including the director of the IT team.

Interview Questions

• Questions from my resume, Basic troubleshooting questions, basic programming questions, Also asked me to do a shell programming and submit as email.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International SOS (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Primary screening then technical phone interview, face to face

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this role?   1 Answer
    • What is your comfort level with the role?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at International SOS (Feasterville Trevose, PA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Their response was very quick and they schedule phone screen.
    Phone screen was not really typical by content, just talked about what they are looking in candidates. No technical questions was asked and I have to lead conversation because interviewer was not really qualified to talk about any technical details and she don’t know what to ask. She even does not know what version of Visual Studio they are using. Very strange feeling about it, but they still ask me to go for a face to face.
    I was interviewed in Trevose, PA. It is one of those companies who determine your IT development skills based on some factors. They don’t ask any technical question, just conversation about unrelated topics. First, I talked to Architect (strange title and unusual guy) who was not prepared and don’t have any plan how to conduct the interview. He was only a few weeks on the job. Second person was that same interviewer from phone screen. After talking to her you would ask yourself: how she managed to get that job. Seems to me she does not demonstrate any qualifications to be in any managerial role, but her title was a Director. It was same type of conversation about nothing. After I left their building, I was hoping not to come back and my wishes come true, they pass on me and I don’t have to deal with those people anymore. Hope it would help some how to deal with them.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International SOS (Feasterville Trevose, PA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter reached out to me to schedule an interview, not once but twice. She didn’t even realize she had reached out to me twice. This was the first red flag. I had a in person interview with the hiring manager. It was a basic interview. Everything that was discussed from a benefits standpoint wasn’t difficult. They are replacing someone who was in the role for quite some time and she had more experience in benefits then the hiring manager. This person moved to a different state. There were a few things that I didn’t have experience in, but I was willing to learn. What person applies for the exact same role they were in before, not willing to learn something new in the next role? Well, the problem, you can’t be taught because the hiring manager who probably grosses over six figures doesn't know how to do those things herself, so they’re looking for someone to fill those gaps.

She described herself as having 10 years’ experience in benefits but more experience in compensation. She "handles" both areas. She was honest enough to admit she is a micromanager who is use to delegating. If she needed a benefit policy implemented based on leadership request she would get the benefits specialist to do it. Everyone who has ever reported to her has more experience in benefits then she does, 20 years of experience to be exact based on her explanation. So, she would just delegate what was needed and wasnt involved.

She even disclosed how she expects this person to manage the entire function. It blew me away when said that she doesn’t know all the answers due to her lack of benefits expertise, so don’t expect to go to her for the answers. But, if its compensation she can help. If its excel she can definitely help because she's an advanced user. Leadership partners with stakeholders and vendors, so odd someone at her level didn’t seem to know how to do this. She is so use to having direct reports who have more experience than her, seems she never had to do much benefits related. But how can you interview someone and deem them qualified or not qualified for this role?

I can see why they have been hiring for this position since January. They’re looking for the perfect person to replace the shoes of the last person. They aren’t willing to train or invest in an applicant who doesn't meet every bullet point because the hiring manager said up front as well as the recruiter, they cant. You cant train someone on something you dont know but there are other alternatives!

The interview was difficult and this role isnt complicated. Its the hiring manager.

If you’re looking for development don’t bother applying here. Apply if you have 20 years of benefits experience, desire to only be a benefits specialist with a micromanager who has 10 years benefits experience (but doesn't know much based on her explanation), and she expects you to manage the entire function with zero help. They are hiring for multiple HR positions so that’s a red flag itself. I was no longer interested after other issues on their behalf. It was a sloppy process and disappointing experience in which I tried hardly to overlook because of other factors. Sadly, only positive aspect is their mission.

I could write more about my negative experience related to the actual process. I hope this review helps job seekers.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International SOS (Feasterville Trevose, PA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

answered all questions in a 30 minute tech interview and was turned down for one wrong answer

Quality Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International SOS (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Very easy. We went through my resume and they asked about basic qualifications. I had met few people before and I met them on the interview day as well. It took about an hour. Simnple questions such as why I SOS.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International SOS in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process was relatively quick and included a phone screen by the internal recruiter, in person meeting with manager, and second phone screen by member of senior leadership. Not a very formal process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about sales skills, technology experience such as salesforce.com, etc.   Answer Question

International Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International SOS (Newark, DE (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Short simple and to the point
    It was pleasant since I was able to have a great conversation about the position and my experiences. Although this interview short, the points were made smoothly and the interviewer was a friendly person who set me at ease during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some cultural differences you have experiences?
      What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

International Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trevorton, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International SOS (Trevorton, PA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn and scheduled for a phone interview that week. After the phone interview I was invited for an in person interview the following week. The in person interview started off with a test focusing on geography, reading and listening comprehension and a typing test. After the testing I met with a manager where we discussed the company, my background and my Spanish language skills. I was called and offered the position on the Friday after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about where you have traveled?   1 Answer

International Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trevose, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at International SOS (Trevose, PA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I found the position on LinkedIn jobs and submitted my application. After between 2-3 weeks, I reached out to the corporate recruiter (Joe) via email reiterating my interest and connected with him on LinkedIn. Straight away he set me up for a phone interview, and then an in person interview. Manager Rory conducted my interview. Both Joe and Rory were very cordial and informative, projecting respect and appreciation for employees and for the position. I was contacted the following day after the interview with an offer, which I accepted. I really like the amount of support that is offered in the position, the multi-cultural environment, and the opportunities for growth. The company has a three year professional development program including formal mentorship to promote internal growth.

Interview Questions

• Describe my past experience
      Why am I interested in this position
      How would I handle certain situations   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.