Janssen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Janssen Interview Questions

Interviews at Janssen

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Janssen (Springfield, PA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online.
    Phone interview with HR-after 1~2 weeks
    Phone interview with Hiring Manager the following week: CV based questions
    Onsite Interview at springfield ,PA following week: 45 min presentaton, 15 min questions, 30 MIN individual meeting with every group memeber
    Request Reference

Reject reason: Selected another candidate with overall better fit.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen (Raritan, NJ (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Got a phone call with HR. He spoke at length trying to sell the role and said how great of a fit I am, then he did not follow up and when I sent an email he did not even respond.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring House, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (Spring House, PA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Firstly recruiter phone to ask general information and describe your one project. Then Director ask for a video interview for 1.5 hour in the following week. Then onsite interview for half day . Meet each team member, give an presentation. Final interview was with their VP.

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (Malvern, PA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview with HR, followed by an in-person interview (both interviews took place within ~2 weeks) with 5 people. My experience with the phone interview and with 4/5 of the in-person interviewers was positive, but one interviewer in particular seemed to be set on critiquing, taking me down by means of condescending remarks and casting doubts on my experience. The entire interview was spent tearing apart my resume and grilling me so intensely on it I couldn't be sure what his motives were--but the overall feeling I got from it was very demeaning. I can appreciate an interview with hard questions in order to test your preparedness and skill, but this felt inappropriate. This turned me off to even considering the job further.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job for this one?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (Horsham, PA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I had a poor experience with the HR recruiter for the initial phone screening. When I asked about specifics about the role, the phone screener was not knowledgable about the position, reporting structure, or other aspects about the type of work.

Example 1.
    Me: "Can you let me know whom this position reports into?"
    HR: "The Hiring Manager."
    Me: "Thank you, what is the title of the hiring manager"

Example 2.
    HR: "Please explain what skills or assets you would bring to the role?"
    ME: ... several examples of my background that would relate to the role and how it would benefit the organization
    HR: repeats the question, "you didn't answer the question"
    Me: "Can you provide an example or add some clarity in what you are looking for in a response, is it a list of skills, examples, etc."
    HR: "Can you just provide what skills or assets you would bring to the role?"

Example 3.
    HR: "What would you be looking for to make a move?"
    Me: "I am open to competitive compensation, but all in all, I am looking at the entire opportunity, and therefore not stuck on one particular number for compensation; I am sure there is a range for the role and if you can share that with me, I can let you know if it aligns; or I can share with you my current salary and see if this aligns with the expectations"
    HR: "I can't share that, I need a number"
    Me: throws out arbitrary number (based on what has been read on Glassdoor)

All in all, I left the call knowing that I would not be getting a follow up.

I am hoping this was a bad one-off experience

Director Interview

Interview

The interview first consisted of a HR prescreen, then a functional manager prescreen. The next step was an in person interview at the Johnson & Johnson location. There was a brief tour of the location and then panel interview. Many of the panel members joined the interview via a video conference.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were situational to determine how you have managed or would manage various experiences   Answer Question

Associate Scientist/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Janssen (La Jolla, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I was contacted a day after applying online by their HR recruiter. The process took 2 + months. I felt they were a little disorganized and took way too much time between the two phonescreens (1st HR phonescreen, then a 2nd with the director in La Jolla). The HR rep in Pennsylvania was very good, actually. The director was hurried, inattentive and didn't seem to care. Actually, he seemed to be the person holding up the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions - basic behavioral and resume questions for the HR rep, technical backround experience questions for the lab director. What you would expect from a series of phone interviews.   Answer Question

Ad Interview

Anonymous Employee in Titusville, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (Titusville, PA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Learning experience; everyone was super friendly but highly knowledgeable and super engaged. Cultural fit is of utmost importance and need to recognize long-term view on group strategy.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions on leadership, ability to influence   Answer Question

Drug Safety Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Janssen (Raritan, NJ (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Very easy, no challenges, one site interview, offer next day, Had to give a presentation about previous research, We have a problem in our department. How would you develop a computer model that could predict this parameter?

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marriottsvl, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (Marriottsvl, MD (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

FIRST contact by Phone and the next one with Business Unit Head .
    The 1st person was very professional but the second was very closed and a litle bossy.
    It was not

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      If you started tomorrow what you will do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.