Janssen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Janssen Interview Questions

Interviews at Janssen

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Janssen (South San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Janssen seems to be a well established company, with a lot of support and muscle from Johnson and Johnson. However, it also seems completely bureacratic and the people that work there freely admit it. I went in after a phone screen and interviewed in person at least 3 times with different people because of schedule conflicts, etc. They don't seem to be well organized and considerate of the time and schedules of outsiders who want to work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people or situations? Give examples.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yoursellf in 5 years? In 10 years? Are you interested in managing others?   Answer Question

Some of the people were incredily rude and didn't attempt to speak professionally or give a good first impression. It was completely off-putting.

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial phone screen, followed by another phone interview, then flown to Dallas for in person interviews with 2 district managers and finally, the sale director.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Janssen in August 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Interviewed by almost a dozen employees, but the questions were not extremely difficult. A few mathematical questions, but it seemed they just wanted to learn more of my thought process as opposed to coming up with the right answer.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to make me 350 mL of a 0.5M solution of NaCl, how would you go about preparing this solution? What information would you need to know?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen in October 2017.

Interview

Prescreening phone call, then was told I would receive a call from hiring manager after. Never received the call, I emailed and called to follow-up and received an email a few days later saying that they were no longer hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions. Tell me alittle about yourself? Why did you apply for the job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Janssen (Raritan, NJ (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds of interview. In the first round, I was interviewed by a manager in the global market access team. In the second round, I was interviewed by another manager in the global market access team. The interview questions are really based on the focus of interviewers. For instance, the first interviewer focuses on research, so questions are about research. The second one is doing more related to market, so questions are more behavioral. They used Livestream to do the interview (including the final round). I did not hear back from them for about 3 weeks after the interview. I emailed them and was told that they have done the final selection.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Janssen.

Interview

There were 2 rounds of interviews, both by Skype. They asked questions about previous work experiences, and why I am in the graduate program I am in. Also they wanted to know what specifically about the pharmaceutical industry matched with my skillset and career aspirations.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen (La Jolla, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and they had a one round interview process. The interview was a group phone call comprised of people that you would generally be working with. They asked about past research experience and general interest in the position. They got back to me in a couple of weeks.

Senior Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Janssen (San Diego, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone screen in 7-8 weeks. A recruiter called and asked some background questions including willing to relocate to San Diego (it sounded like they won't provide relocation assistance) and work authorization. The recruiter did a good job going through the compensation and benefits in regards to the role.
    At the end, he mentioned if I have any questions, feel free to get back to him, which I did after a month or so and never received a reply at all. I know it is a big organization, but recruitment process should be more transparent and efficient. My advice is never believe what the recruiter tells you, it is always illusive.

Interview Questions

• Willingness to move to the work location, work authorization, backgrounds....etc. Nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Bioinformatics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Janssen in April 2018.

Interview

applied online through Kelly services; got a call for phone screen after one-week; interview with the team members through Skype; very friendly interviewees and the average question asked. very smooth process although I didn't get an offer;

Interview Questions

• introduce yourself; describe the most recent position; why did you apply for this position   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Janssen in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by internal recruiter within 2 weeks for a preliminary telephone interview. We talked about my qualifications and background. About a week later I was asked for a video conference interview and then another a week after that. The whole process took about 4 weeks just as I had been informed in the initial telephone conversation. Everyone was very transparent and communicative. I felt very comfortable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.