Liberty Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Liberty Travel Interview Questions

Interviews at Liberty Travel

2.3

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Livingston, NJ (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied for a travel agent position in New Jersey. I applied on their website and by the next day received a Calendar invite to interview with their HR person. The phone interview was roughly the 15 minutes (consistent with many other FCTG/Liberty Travel phone interview reviews I'd seen on Glassdoor).The HR person said she'd pass my info along to the hiring manager. She said I'd hear back from her by the end of the week, but it took nearly 2 weeks before I got word I'd be having an in person interview with the hiring manager.

The interview with the manager went great. He said he loved my questions, said he could tell by the research I did beforehand that I really cared about the job, and that I gave genuine responses. He said I had come highly recommended from the HR person.

He said I'd been the first person to interview for the position, and that he still had other candidates he had to interview to do his due diligence as the manager and that I'd hear from my HR contact in 2-3 weeks.

LITERALLY THE NEXT DAY, I got an automated message from FCTG saying they would not be progressing with my application. The manager had gave me his business card, but I called on a busy day so I couldn't get in touch with him for feedback. I emailed my HR contact because I thought it was an error since there was no reference of my interview in the automated response and the timeline of the response didn't match up with the one the manager had given (it's sad, but I've actually had a job in the past accidentally emailed me saying they wouldn't be hiring me, then emailed to say I'd been hired).

Anyway, when the HR contact had gotten back she said it wasn't an error and said they'd keep me in mind for other positions..blah blah blah

I emailed back to inquire why they decided to go another direction, just for my knowledge and she said THEY'RE GOING FORWARD WITH A CANDIDATE WITH PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IN THE INDUSTRY.

If they had a candidate with more experience lined up, why did they even let me interview? I went in on Thursday and literally got notified I wouldn't be moving on in the process on Friday.

I feel my time was completely wasted and that I was lied to. There's a lot of reviews for FCTG and Liberty Travel that say they interview a lot of people without intention of hiring to make it seem like the company's growing. I ignored all the negatives I read about this company and went for it, having high hopes for working in travel and at a store which got better reviews than others in the area.

Either the manager was completely unaware of HR's intentions or he's got the best poker face imaginable because that was by far one of the best interviews I've had in some time. No red flags from him, and I had a good in person experience but you never know. There's something sketchy about their process when someone can interview one day and then the next get some obscure rejection after the hiring manager gave a 2 week timeline. And to say they went with a more experienced candidate is just making use of a line that many companies use to brush off candidates. I guess at least the HR contact bothered to give a response, albeit a generic one.

Good luck if you want to work for Liberty Travel.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty much to get to know me:

Phone Interview:
      A little about job history.

Why do you want to be a travel agent?

Have you ever traveled outside of the US?

Where is the place you want to travel to the most?

Where's the best place you've ever traveled?

Have you ever worked with a commission structure?

If I had a strict budget and the package you were putting together is $500 over the amount, how would you fix it?

Describe for me what I would do there, etc.

Post Phone Interview email question:

In 3 sentences, describe why travel agents are important.

In Person:

When was a time you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?

Of the places you've traveled, which one do you know the most about?

Describe what I could do there?

(Playing devil's advocate): But I don't have a lot of money. I don't think I can afford that.

Have you ever worked in an environment where you had to meet specific quotas?

There was a written portion that I was asked to write my responses to a few hypothetical travel based questions to determine my written communication skills. It's usually done on the computer I think but the manager just had me write on a piece of paper.   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

The interview process is very long but it will build your confidence. There is a series of stages, essays, group interviews and then the final stage is the 1on1 with the manager.

Interview Questions

• To tell them about your most memorable place to work and why   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

Pretty straightforward questions. Whatever you say, don't mention that you're just taking the job for the "travel perks" they seem to be annoyed at that answer... Even though you need to be knowledgeable about the product/ service your selling.

Also asked on interview to "sell me a dream vacation?" Bestsellers are good listeners! Make sure to ask the client where they have been before? What kind of client they are? For example, do they stay at 3,4,5 star hotels.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Liberty?   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I was sold on a job to a sales company. I immediately had buyers remorse 2 weeks in. The interview portrayed the job differently than the reality of it. Much more stressful and intense than it seemed.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel in April 2018.

Interview

Rather than a phone interview, I was invited to an open house interview session after applying for an “express interview” that I imagine takes the place of a phone interview. The recruiter seemed friendly but I was told I would know one way or another by the end of the week/early the following week if I was moving on. That never happened.

Travel Con Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

short easy. 2 interviews. phone call and in person. the in person was with the particular manager. he/she is the final say if you are selected. after that you train in the store.

Interview Questions

• are you able to live off of this salary?   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Hartford, CT (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

First they called me on a phone interview, asked about my travel experience, also if I'm going to be patient because it could take up to 8 months to start receiving a worthy commission, how I respond to angry customers, etc, about 20 minutes long. Then I passed to the next phase which was a on-site interview and then about an hour long interview, no tricky questions just up front questions about my life, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer.   1 Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I interviewed at Liberty Travel in October 2017.

Interview

It took two weeks to respond to my
    application. I was then asked to set up an appointment for a phone interview. The interviewer never called me. She also never answered my email asking if we were still on for the appointment.

I got approx. 5 emails confirming the appointment time so i was confident I got the time right. Really bad first impression.

Travel Agent Interview

Interview

Applied online, received an email for an interview the next two days. The interview lasted 30 minutes. There were three people that did the interview. The recruiter asked if this position is something that I would like to do at the end of the interview.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Fort Lee, NJ (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Spend a lot of tome discussing where you have already travelled and why you want to be in sales. Extremely easy interview if you've worked in sales. There is an in-store assessment, where they have you look up two resorts and put together a price quote and recommend based on a "client's" preferences.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.