Lyft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Lyft

1,045 Interview Reviews

2.8

Communications Team Interview

Interview

Disappointing interview process -- the recruiter reached out to me for a role and I was flattered and excited to schedule a call with the hiring manager. I shared my availability and hoped to hear back. I didn't hear back from the recruiter but instead got a call out of the blue from the hiring manager, who assumed the recruiter had let me know when she would be calling. I was caught completely off guard and did my best to find a quiet place and chat with her, but I was sadly not as prepared as I would have been. I was told I wasn't right for the role and when I circled back with the recruiter to find out what happened she said it was her last day at Lyft. Disappointing to get an inbound outreach from a dream company only to be caught unprepared and rejected.

Interview Questions

• What ideas do you have for getting more press for this company?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Had an HR screening then an on site 1.5 hour interview with three different people. Someone currently serving in the role I was applying for, the manager I would report to and then the GM. The whole process was very quick and thorough. All of the interviewers were very nice and seemed more interested in getting to know me as a person.

Interview Questions

• What about the role and Lyft appeals to you?   3 Answers

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Many companies nowadays string candidates along for weeks or even months. HR at Lyft was excellent to work with- prompt responses and a clear timeline made the process extremely pleasant. I had two phone interviews- one initial screening with HR and one with a current Community Associate at another office. The process concluded with a 1-on-1 in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What about the position interests you?   2 Answers

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft (Arlington, VA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a three step process. Two days after I sent in my application i received an email to schedule a phone interview. I spoke with a HR rep in San Francisco the following day. After that I met with the Operations Manager for the city and then a Group Panel made up of the local associates.

Interview Questions

• I've been out of the "Corporate" workforce for three years. I was asked if i was ready to get back into it and lose a lot of the freedom I had.   3 Answers

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday, received an email for a phone interview on Monday. I spoke to the recruiter on Monday, who was very pleasant. Then I scheduled a phone screen with the manager of the team for the next day. After the phone screen, I went in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was composed of four different interviews, each one ran for about 30 minutes. Everyone that I met with was really great, it felt more like a conversation to know who I was. I really enjoyed meeting them.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fast and well-organized. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen the day after I applied. The questions the recruiter asked weren't atypical for this first stage, but this phone screen definitely felt lighter and more conversational than other phone screens I've had in the past. After the initial phone screen, I then spoke to the operations manager in the New York office, which is where I was applying to work. The manager gave me a good sense of the role and the team dynamic in the office, which was great. I was then invited in to meet with the operations manager and three other members of the team, two of which were already employed as community associates. I felt there was a lot of chemistry among myself and the rest of the team, and I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your supervisor and how you managed to reconcile the situation.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyft in February 2016.

Interview

Went through 3 phone interviews (the first was with a recruiter, the second was with the hiring manager and third was with someone who was doing the same job that I was up for in a different city.) and an in person interview with the General Manager. I was offered the position the following day.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the "Lyft for Good" program?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process felt thorough and included meeting several members of the of team but was also efficient and not drawn out. Had a phone interview with a recruiter then had a series of 1 on 1 interviews in the office on the same day and a follow up a few days after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave superior service to someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

My interview with the Lyft team was extremely friendly and comforting. I was originally contacted by a member of their recruiting team about two weeks after filling out an application on line. I had an original phone interview/ screening with them. After, I was pushed to a second phone interview with the manager of operations. Finally, I was asked to come into the office for a three round interview with the Boston team. Each of the three interviews was one-on-one with a different member of their Boston team (a Community Associate, a team lead and the Manager of Operations).

After this process, I was informed that they filled the position with another candidate. The recruiter said they would be in contact for future opportunities if they came up.

Two months later, a Community Associate opened up and I was contacted by the same recruiter. This time, I moved right to the in office interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume.

Do you have experience working in customer service?

Tell us about a time where you had to work with a customer who was frustrated and how you handled it.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be honest and transparent about what you want throughout the entire process.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyft (Miami, FL (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter who started off asking me questions then told me the job base salary upon asking my salary requirements. We agreed this was not a fit for me as the salary was not within my range. Glassdoor has great questions to help prepare that I was sure would come up. My interviewer was very friendly as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Lyft? Why this role? Why are you looking to move to our company from your previous experience?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.