Lyft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Lyft

1,135 Interview Reviews

2.8

Strategy Manager Interview

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward, though they did hit you with a case study question in the first round, which was unexpected and caught me off guard. Otherwise, the rest of the questions were pretty standard behavioral type interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you decide how many autonomous vehicles to deploy to San Francisco?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The Technical recruiter has a 30 min discussion initially and sets up a phone screen with HM.
    Phone Screen-30 min of resume discussion and 30 min coding problem using Coderpad.

Interview Questions

• how did u handle pressure under multiple projects   1 Answer
    • One coding question on integer array manipulation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Spoke with the recruiter who reached out to me via Linkedin. He agreed to move me to the next round to speak with the manager and completely ghosted me after repeated reach outs via email and Linkedin. I also reached out directly to the hiring manager on Linkedin and no response.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Applied Online. I talked with a recruiter. Scheduled phone screen. The interviewer was hardly interested in knowing anything about me. It was the worst experience. I really had high hopes from the company and I was really disappointed that I spent one hr interviewing with someone who just wants to hear what he has in mind.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (Nashville, TN (US)).

Interview

Very smooth interview process. The recruiter was very helpful in following up through the entire process, the hiring manager was very cool and communicated the expectations very clearly. HR phone screen - Hiring manager phone interview - Take home assignment - Onsite (4 rounds) - entire process took 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Data warehousing and behavioral questions   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Very Smooth. The Recruiter was super nice and explained to me what the role entailed and was very consistent in her follow ups. The overall process was very well coordinated. I was nervous but the panel made me feel comfortable.

Financial Solutions Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Lyft.

Interview

Recruiter was great, hiring mgr not so much. Hiring manager was 6 mins late to the 30 min call (no apology), asked 3 questions, and talked so fast that the call ended in 15 mins. He obviously was against my candidacy from the start so why even go through w/ the call? Never applying to Lyft again. Worst interview experience I’ve had.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a Lyft recruiter. Phone screen was very basic (20 minutes, motivation, why Lyft etc) and I was quickly scheduled for a second round interview with one of their Data Scientists. Again, interview was a breeze (30 minutes, describe past projects and a quick "business case" where you basically just think aloud about a problem and relevant KPIs). Was again quickly moved along to the take home assignment, which as many people here have noted isn't complex per se but is quite a bit longer than advertised if you want to do it right. I sent them a full powerpoint with presenter notes and 2 Jupyter notebooks for data cleaning and analysis. Received a 2 line rejection email 3 days after handing in my assignment telling me I wasn't technical enough. When I asked for more feedback it turns out what they meant is I didn't comment my code enough and I didn't expand on one aspect they thought was important; so nothing technical but pure domain knowledge actually. To me, a take home assignment is for the company to evaluate technical competency and critical thinking and not so much about having the "right" answer, but I guess not for Lyft. My advice to candidates: steer clear, don't waste your time. My advice to Lyft: use the assignment in a smarter way, or if domain knowledge is an actual prerequisite, make that clear and gear the interviews ahead of the assignment that way, because getting through interviews is a walk in the park and then you expect something very specific from the assignment which isn't very fair to candidates who spend hours working on it.

Interview Questions

• What indicators would you use to evaluate whether a city is running at over/under/normal capacity?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lyft (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Logistical planning was a huge headache. The "take home" question was a big time sink.

They decided to change the onsite interview format hours after sending me the first confirmation; and the second confirmation about the new format didn't come until literally a couple days before the interview. Their link to book travels didn't work for the first 2 times.

The actual "onsite" interview was on VC because of the coronavirus. This I completely understand and was grateful to have this option. The interview wasn't difficult per-se. But was very specific about certain domain knowledge, which I don't have. So I did a lot of thinking on my feet, which was perceived (along with slight VC lag, etc.) as "too much brainstorming not enough structure".
    My interview was their guinea pig for two reasons:
    1. The new interviewing format
    2. I was one of their very first VC full loops.

The feedback was absolutely not fair (I messed up on quant a little bit. If that was why I failed it would have been completely fair). I regularly conduct case study interviews myself and one of the most important thing for an interviewer to get actual signal vs. just domain knowledge is to give proper context of what 'success' looks like for a product; walk through an example of "how it works" for a business case; and properly set. the scope.

So if you do want to interview for Lyft, go study how revenue share works for ride share; what the different departments are within Lyft; and a couple end to end ride share business cases if possible.

Interview Questions

• Growth marketing questions. Probably questions. SQL   3 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyft (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

There were three rounds to the interview process at Lyft:
    Round 1 - Phone screen with recruiter
    Round 2 - Two case study interviews with Product team
    Round 3 - Two case study interviews + behavioral with Product team

In between rounds, there were prep calls, videos and articles to help candidates prepare. Every interviewer was very professional, courteous and friendly. All the recruiters were incredibly professional.

Even though I didn't get the job, it was a smooth process and Lyft's interview team was great.

Interview Questions

• Case studies - How would you explore, analyze, design, and ultimately rollout the following products / features at Lyft:

1. Surge pricing
      2. Ad platform
      3. Lyft for commuters
      4. Lyft for large parties   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.