Lyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Lyst

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lyst (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

A brief chat with their recruiter, then they sent a task to write a spider for a particular website. After that had an interview with a team lead and project manager.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyst.

Interview

Very unprofessional; Arranged an interview over the phone but the Interviewer never called. When I sent an email asking to reschedule they simply ghosted me like a bad tinder date. Would have been nice to let me know ahead of time that you didn't want to proceed so I didn't have to arrange my afternoon around you.

Junior Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyst.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people that asked me more or less the same questions. Before starting the interview, I took a writing test that comprised three products descriptions. The interviewers were friendly and welcoming. I was asked what was my previous experience, why I chose that company and that specific role and why I would have been good for it. Then I was given a very details explanation of the position, requirements and responsibilities.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lyst.

Interview

Applied through their Workable ATS. Heard back from them a week or so later, quick call with the recruiter, then came in and met the team and someone from senior leadership. Everyone seemed friendly enough.
    What was weird was what happened with communication after this...
    I was told as I left, they'd be back in touch within 24hours. I thought that was optimistic, so gave them a little lee way.
    Next time I heard from them was a month later, after chasing for feedback (I believe it was 3 emails, and a message over Slack to the recruitment team), I was invited for a face to face.
    That face to face took over a week to arrange then was cancelled at 24 hours notice.
    It was to be arranged for the new year, then, over 2 months after the first face to face interview, I was final told the role was going to be changed slightly, and they wanted to know if I'd still be interested in talking about that.
    That was a week ago, and I've not heard back about arranging a time to chat.

In summary:
    People seemed nice when I met them, but communication with the recruiters was genuinely the worst I've ever experienced. It could only really be one of a few things:
    1. The recruiter was just genuinely scared of rejecting me for the (I'm not intimidating)
    2. The recruiters are so overloaded with work, they literally don't have any time to communicate with anyone.
    3. Senior Leadership is such a nightmare to schedule and deal with that it makes the recruiter's job impossible.

Either way 1/10 for the process.

Senior Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyst (London, England).

Interview

I had one phone call and two on site interviews. My first interviewer was very nice and welcoming and the interview went very well. I had to chase up the in house recruiter to ask for feedback when he told me they would like to proceed with the process and bring me in for a second interview. This interview was also a pleasant experience. However after a week of nothing from the recruiter, I chased him up again asking for feedback to which he never replied.

I find this extremely unprofessional and careless. When somebody has taken the time and effort to come to the office and interview twice, the least you can do is reply to them. The company and especially the hiring process seems unbelievably disorganised and the worst I have ever experienced. (I have interviewed with a lot of companies before, big and small). I really wouldn't recommend wasting your time interviewing with this company.

Interview Questions

• Talk through a recent project thoroughly and tell me what you learnt.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyst (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone call with a recruiter there, followed by an on-site interview. I was then invited back for an onsite design challenge and final interview. The process was fairly smooth, and everyone I met was friendly and seemed good at their jobs.

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyst (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

An short phone screening and a do-it-at-home coding task preceded a final-round on-site interview. The on-site interview lasted about four hours and consisted of a three tasks: a general interview where competency questions were asked, a coding test and an 'architecture/theory' test.

The first interview was fairly standard: I was questioned on my CV and past projects. The coding test was a pair-programming task that looked at a Python data pipeline. If you have a decent understanding of test-driven development and Python APIs this shouldn't be too difficult. The architecture test was the most difficult for me as the interviewers asked questions that are not easily answered without a good amount of industry experience. As a new graduate with little experience, I felt as though the questions were not very suitable.

The company took about a week to get back to me, despite telling me that it would take them at most a few days. They also failed to reimburse my travel expenses despite promising to do so; sending them a reminder email did not remedy this.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose two from 'quick', 'good' and 'cheap', which two would you choose?   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lyst.

Interview

I am a bit baffled on my experience with applying to Lyst. I applied online and promptly received an email to schedule an interview. I replied with some hours I could do the following week. I never got a response. I sent a second polite email after a week as a reminder but again no response. After a few weeks I sent an email to the HR explaining my situation and that I was still keen on the position. In less than one hour I received an email from the person who first had contacted me regarding scheduling an interview. There was no explanation as to why things had taken so long but I tried to let go and be as open and positive as possible. We arranged a phone call for the same day.

During the phone call, the guy was rushing like hell. My merits were very good but it felt like it didn't matter. The guy was trying too hard to push the whole interview into 15-20 minutes. No surprise, but after that I did not receive a response again.

Very unprofessional behavior. Like others have noted, Lyst might be a good workplace but this situation has made me a bit of a skeptic. I understand that recruiters can be overwhelmed or that some things happen internally. However I expect an explanation and an apology - something I never received.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you worked on?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

I just done the first step of the process: Phone interview with HR. I had to describe my past experiences and answer questions but they didn't introduce the company nor the position.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on how I would improve their processes   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lyst (London, England).

Interview

Interviewed with several members of the Lyst team, from PMs to Engineers. This involved several discussions mainly over one day. Talking about my background, how they work, the problems faced, possible solutions, as well as how I would deal with certain kinds of situations.

Interview Questions

• What metrics would be a good indicator of a customer's experience, and why are these particularly good indicators, what are the pros and cons over other metrics.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.