Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Interviews at Northrop Grumman

1,497 Interview Reviews

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman in July 2020.

Interview

Fairly quick and casual. The best I have had in terms of quality and communication. They were friendly, easy to talk to, and very transparent. Everyone was on the same page. The recruiter involved was very helpful as well.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Straight forward and all the professional questions written on the resume.
    3 phone calls, HR/ Co-workers/ Managers.
    Talk about the experience and challenges.
    Colleagues reference.
    Follow up calls for the security clearance .

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

star questions are used to ask people questions about their lives and how they think things so that the interviewer can get a good idea of how people thing things and how they are as a person and then they decide if they will higher that person or not.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Palmdale, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied online in June on a Friday. Heard back within a few hours. Recruiter wanted to set up quick 10 min phone interview the following week to discuss about the opportunity and set up an interview with hiring manager. Had a panel interview the same week with 6 people, a few managers and engineers. Really straightforward interview mostly asking about resume and a few star questions. (Know your resume inside out). Received Verbal offer same day, waiting on official offer.

Principal Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roy, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Roy, UT (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Applied online at the NG website. Interviewed on the phone with a recruiter.

Contacted a few days after phone interview by another HR person. Asked to fill out a short questionnaire on my background. After submitting the questionnaire, was sent a curt email telling me that I did not qualify for the position because my current (TS) clearance was not with the DoD. (I have a TS with another US Government agency).

Northrop Grumman seems to not apply for reciprocity with clearances. Very strange. The position is going to be very hard to fill if DoD TS clearance is immediately required. (Reciprocity only takes a few months at most folks!) People with graduate degrees and 5+ years of data science experience PLUS a DoD TS clearance are not a dime a dozen. Especially if moving to Roy, Utah is a requirement.

Recruiter did not return my email inquiring about reciprocity.

Interview Questions

• What are some aspects of data science that you especially enjoy working in?   Answer Question

Cyber Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Huntsville, AL (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

I am a former employee of Northrop and applied again. I applied through my referral account (this was not the position that I was referred to - however, applying within that account gave me some better visibility in their system I believe. My original account's application were overlooked or rejected). The process took approximately 3 weeks. I was emailed by the Talent Acquisition recruiter that there was initial interest in my resume (apparently I one of the firsts to apply) and set up a call. The call went over why I left Northrop, my salary expectations, and a little bit about my past experiences at Northrop and the new position. I was set up with an interview scheduled a week later. It was supposed to be a panel interview with 3, but only 2 were on the phone call: Hiring Manager and Cyber Architect. I talked through my resume. The questions asked were directly related to experiences in my resume. Be able to describe your experiences, and you should be set. Be confident and honest with your answers and you should be fine. Interviewed Friday, verbal offer on Monday. Currently waiting official offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   Answer Question
    • How did your previous positions prepare you for your current role?   Answer Question
    • In a scenario where you've been given a coding assignment, what is your process for getting started? After you've completed your code, what mechanisms will you used to test your code against requirements?   1 Answer
    • How does Advanced Analytics coincide with cyber security?   1 Answer

Interview

Applied online, heard back with a screening "interview" over the phone.
    Got pushed on to a Skype interview with the managers. Quick and easy process, focused mostly on why Northrop is a great place to work.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The interview process and the manger that interviewed me was very nice. There weren't really any technical questions and the interview felt very smooth and natural. The work that I'll be doing seems very interesting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

The hiring and interview process did not take terribly long. I am actually still waiting on the official offer. I had two seperate interviews and there were no terribly difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle if someone asked me to do something against specific rules?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Woodland Hills, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was very casual, like having a conversation with 3 people. The questions were a blend of behavioral and technical, mostly asking to elaborate on projects l've completed in the past. The panel interview was conducted over zoom.

After the interview, the status on my application changed from "interview" to "completed". I assumed this was the decision process. After 2 weeks or so, I reached out to the recruiter for a follow up, no response. 1 week later, my application changed to "No longer under consideration".

Interview Questions

• What industrial engineering tools have you used in the past?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.