Northrop Grumman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Northrop Grumman Interview Questions

Interviews at Northrop Grumman

1,459 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

In person interview with my supervisor and another manager. Mainly asked about my previous contracts experience and asked various questions to test technical knowledge. Interviewers were very nice and asked good questions

Interview Questions

• What will be your initial steps should you be offered this position?   Answer Question

Business Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Redondo Beach, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Submitted an application on website and in a week was called in for a panel interview with two people. This role description online had a lot of financial and accounting responsibilities that made it very attractive to me but once I was in the actual interview I was told all I would be doing was very basic billing and none of the other things that encouraged me to apply. Plus, those who interviewed me were very cold and turned me off from the position. My suggestion is press the HR recruiter to tell you the specifics of the role because the business management analyst role is very broad. You may be applying for something you don't want to do or be preparing for an interview that is completely different from the actual roles of the job. It was an easy interview with no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• You need to express your past experience and how it can enable you to be a good (if not exact) fit for this position. Ex. Tell me about your past experience and how you would be a good fit for this role.   Answer Question

Senior Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Linthicum, MD (US)).

Interview

Easy conversation about my experience. Offer was held up my slow legal review that kept asking for the same document. So I backed out of the process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

On campus career fair. On campus interview with manager. 70% behavioral and 30% technical. Got acceptance call three days later. Make sure you attend the optional intern events because they keep track of attendance.

Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Stopped by Northrop's booth at SWE conference and was given an interview right there. Interviewed with senior engineering manager. Simple behavioral questions. Given an offer immediately after finishing the interview.

Manager Contract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

One hour interview was conducted with a one on one with the hiring manager over the phone. Questions focused on experience and resume and also scenario questions around process improvement.

Interview Questions

• Overview on resume and why I was looking for a new opportunity   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Interviewed in person. Used the STAR method (Situation or Tasking, Action, and Response or Resolve) Asked about uncomfortable situations in the workplace to see how you would resolve the issue.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you should have kept quiet, but didn't.   Answer Question

Systems Safety Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview

Had a phone interview which was courteous and straightforward. The interviewers and I discussed the scope of the position and how my experience mapped to the job duties. The interview was very focused and appropriate. The interviewers were helpful in answering my questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was a dialogue rather than question and answer format.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online to a number of jobs on the Northrop website, and I also received an internal referral from a alumnus of my university. I was then selected for a phone interview a couple weeks after submitting my application. The phone interview was pretty brief. They asked me a couple questions regarding my experiences in some of the engineering skills they listed in the job posting. After this they opened the rest of the interview for me to ask questions for them. I asked them a number of questions. A couple days later I got a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have using FEA and computer aided design (CAD)?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Planning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Northrop Grumman (Baltimore, MD (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

A few weeks after applying, I received an initial screening from a recruiter. About a week later, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview consisted of primarily resume based questions. About two weeks later I was flown in for an on-site panel interview. This interview focused more on behavioral based questions as well as some past experience questions as well. The interviewers were both very kind and professional.

Interview Questions

• "Why Northrop Grumman?"
      "What do you know about Northrop Grumman?"
      "What do you consider your biggest professional achievement?"   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.