PA Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

4 stages: 1) Telephone interview for basic screening to discuss CV and experience, 2) PAPI intelligence test online 3) Assessment day (involving case study and presentation to a senior manager, group case study, interview), 4) final stage interview with senior partner

Interview Questions

• Questions related to experience and dealing with clients   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Interview

They reached out and I applied through the college website. Interview was On-Campus with two consultants. Wasn't too difficult but there was a predictably heavy emphasis on experience with data sets

Analyst Interview

Interview

First round: Screening call with a consultant
    Second round: 1 technical, 1 behavioral, 1 group
    Third round: Call with a partner

Know the company well and what makes it unique. Be able to talk about your experiences in and out. Prepare standard behavioral questions.

PM Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PA Consulting.

Interview

HR Call, which stood me up twice, and for the 3rd time, the HR called from home, with her cat on lap, it was super unprofessional. And never received any followup.

Interview Questions

• A hospital recently purchased some new devices but found out missing half of the data. What will you do to find out what happened   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PA Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Very long hiring process (about 5 months). I applied via referral from a current employee, and without this person helping to push my process along, it would have taken even longer than it did. All interviewers were kind but definitely not as personable as others that I’ve interacted / interviewed with at other firms. My process started with 2 HR screens (I think there’s typically only 1). I then had at 3 separate calls with different levels of consultants, consisting of almost entirely behavioral and experience based questions. These calls were spaced out by about a week each. I was finally invited to an on-site interview in their NY office. This consisted of several 1 on 1 interviews and a group case with other candidates. Cases (aside from the group case) throughout the process were very simple and conversational. In comparison to other firms, they were much less intense. PA paid for all travel expenses and hotel, although reimbursement for hotel and taxis took almost two months. I ended up receiving an offer after speaking with a partner a few weeks after my in person interview round. I was only given two weeks to decide on my offer and was denied extra time even after I spent 5 months going through the process on their time. Luckily, I was able to line up interviews with several other firms on a similar timeline. I ultimately ended up choosing another firm with a stronger culture, higher salary, faster promotion cycles, more extensive initial training, and more interesting project work. I didn’t like the idea that PA pushes you to specialize in the field you’re interviewing for. You then have to be able to sell yourself to end up on projects once you are starting out. I will say that the firm stressed their focus on growing in the United States the next few years, and it seems to be a good opportunity to join the firm at this time. Just don’t expect the firm to compare to higher-tier firms in the US.

Aerospace and Defense Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I interviewed at PA Consulting (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

1-hour in-person interview at MIT as a screening round. Onsite final interview 3 weeks later. Onsite interview involved a 30 min company overview, group problem-solving case (same pyramid case as written about in other glassdoor articles) one individual case study, and 4 one on one fit interviews with partners and high-level staff. After the interview, I never received a reply on the status of my application.

Senior Healthcare Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PA Consulting (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Phone screen by a recruiter that wants to make sure first and foremost that you are willing to travel Mon-Thu to a client site. Next is a phone screen by a PA Consultant that does not really cover your qualifications as much because based on the resume they're already determined you're an asset, but the focus again is on the travel Mon-Thu and the fact that you may be assigned to "any" company within an airport distance of travel.

Interview Questions

• Q: are you OK and interested for an assignment at the client location Mon-Thu within a flight distance from your home?   1 Answer
    • Q: are you OK consulting with PA Consulting group even though at this stage we don't know where your assignment is going to be located but would like for you to be able to travel to the client site Mon-Thu?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

Standard consulting case questions and behaviour questions . There were multiple case rounds including group and individual cases followed by partner and HR rounds of interviews. sStandard case practice helps as practice

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online and received a request to interview within a week. The first interview call was with the HR with the usual questions of salary expectation, years of healthcare experience, location preference, if I was ok with the consulting culture (specifically traveling every week)

Immediately scheduled a second call of 45 mins round with a consultant who asked pretty generic questions. He went through my resume and questions related to different projects I had worked on.

2 weeks later was invited to visit their Boston office for AC day. (Beware - If you live within 3 hours of flight time, they will fly you in and out on the same day. I took a 5.30 am flight, so my day started at 2:30 am!! Also when flying back make sure you have enough time to get to the airport and take in account travel time between the office and airport)

On the AC day had 3 rounds -
    1.) Behavioral Interview
    2.) Technical Interview
    3.) Group Case Study

1.) My behavioral interview felt like a technical interview, other than that the questions were pretty generic. Since I have consulting experience from UK, he asked if there was a stark difference between the consulting culture in UK and US.

2.) Technical interview was taken by a fun guy who has worked at the firm for over 18 years. He spent 10 minutes talking about his journey outside and within the firm and how he has evolved from different roles. Did not even ask one technical questions. The interview was like a conversation. One question I distinctly remember he asked was - "If I were to call your previous employers, what will they say about you?"

Third and final round was the group case study which was the classic pyramid case study. A bunch of information was given to us and we had 40 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to present. We tactfully divided the work amongst us and discussed our progress every 5-6 minutes. However, we did not get time to prepare a presentation and wrote things down on the board while presenting.

1 week later got a call from the HR explaining the points they like and did not like about my profile.
    The entire process was pretty smooth and took about 4 weeks, the HR was always available and responded promptly with any questions regarding the travel or change in schedule.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself?
       - How did you handle difficult clients? (was asked this question 3 times by different interviewers)
       - Do you have any experience in consulting for Agile Software projects?
       - How did u handle conflict in the past?
       - What do u do to get more information about a new client?
       - Which areas of consulting do u want to pursue within PA?

In the group case study, we were asked -
       - Have you considered inflation in the budget?
       - What are the risks of the approach you are recommending?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting (Denver, CO (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Met them at the CU job fair, applied, got invited to a brief interview on campus, which felt more like them pitching the company to me. Followed up two days later with an invitation to AC day in the Denver office.

AC day was intense! It was:
    1 - group lunch with 11 candidates and a handful of younger ACs and Consultants at the firm to hear about culture and 'get to know you'.

2- group case interview. It is the pyramid case mentioned elsewhere. Honestly you don't need to see the problem, besides knowing it is about making a construction project under cost and under timeline, as well as coming up with a marketing pitch.

3 - five consecutive 2-on-1 30-minute behavioral/technical interviews. I was expecting more of pure behavioral questions, but got asked a lot of technical energy-related questions and management related questions, because I may be brought in on a higher level.

5.5 hours later - finally done.

Interview Questions

• How would you price energy in West Texas?
      Tell me about your familiarity with rate structures?
      How would you create a wholesale electricity market?
      What nuances are there in the electric vehicle market?
      What nuances are there in the solar and wind markets?
      What unique things do you know about the natural gas market?
      What is your management philosophy?
      How would you deal with a difficult team member?
      What would you do if your analyst gave you bad deliverables, and your principal consultant called you out on it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

For the Life Sciences Sector, there were three rounds. The first round is an in-person, 30-minute behavioral; the second round is a super day, otherwise known as Assessment Center (AC) day, which is a combination of one 30-45 minute behavioral, a 45-60 minute case interview, and a group case interview; the third round is a simple 30-45 minute behavioral interview with a Partner.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.