PA Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 298 of over 298 interviews

Campus Recruiting15%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

PA Consulting

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at PA Consulting

Interview

Screening Interview (30mins). 3x Interviews (45-1hr, back to back) with current consultants and one partner with each interview becoming progressively more challenging. 3-4 days passed and was offered the role by HR rep.

Interview Questions
  • Why PA Consulting? (asked repeatedly) What technology excites you? Experience with leading others in a group? Case-specific questions
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting (London, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

• 30min HR interview for an intro chat + 1 guesstimate question. I was not warned that there would be a guesstimate even though I asked. • ~1 hr case study with a consultant. Had to prepare a few slides on a particular company's performance and challenges to present in 10min. There were some follow-up questions after the presentation. • ~1hr competency-based interview + market sizing question with a consulting analyst. • informal ~45min chat with a partner. A few questions around why PA, why consulting, but was very conversational and informal. At this stage, the partner will give you feedback on the spot on whether you'll be given an offer. • HR feedback call where you get the offer and discuss benefits. Overall, the interviews were easy and people were very friendly and pleasant. My only red flag was with HR, they did not warn me about the guesstimate despite apparently many interviewees flagging that to them. Their communication was also incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • In an average year, how many [product] were sold in the UK?

What people are saying about PA Consulting

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting (Bristol, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

3 stage interview process, 1st interview with HR approx 45min asking my motivations for applying to PA, overview of my previous experience and why i could benefit PA. 2nd interview was with two consultants which lasted for 1.5hrs who asked general questions, why i want to work for PA and what i know about PA and the PA services/products. The 3rd was with a partner, the interview lasted an hour and it was more of a general chat.

Interview Questions
  • why do you want work for PA? what do you know about PA? what innovation / change have you made?

PA Consulting

Application

I interviewed at PA Consulting

Interview

There are several stages required to the interview process - it starts with an application submission, then there are several rounds of interview before you get to an assessment centre. Once you have completed the assessment centre, there is a final Partner-interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingdom, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting (Kingdom, IL)

Interview

Very thorough, but one way interview process, consisting of several case study and interviews, with very little time for me to ask any questions. Very hostile and unfriendly impression from those that interviewed me, not making any efforts to sell PA…

Interview Questions
  • What’s the most intellectual challenge you’ve had to deal with at work?

PA Consulting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PA Consulting

Interview

This was for a Placement Year. I had several online stages before making it to an assessment centre. I then went to the assessment centre and the company didn't even bother to email afterwards to let me know I'd been unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

PA Consulting

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting in Jun 2021

Interview

I applied online. Contacted by HR the next day. Then assigned to interview with 3 management consultants the next few weeks. Each time, HR directly put the interview on calendar without asking for availabilities. All fit and behavior interviews and have a lot of overlaps. All 3 interviewers have similar background. First 2 interviewers were pretty nice. The 3rd interviewer was unprofessional, having family members talking in the background. Interrupted in the middle. Never heard back after the 3rd interview although I basically was answering the same questions with the same answers. Asked HR and he obviously forgot me because he never heard back from the 3rd interviewer. It doesn't feel like it's a well organized place to work at.

Interview Questions
  • Introduce yourself. Why PA? Why consulting? Things you proud of. Things you can do better.
2 people found this interview helpful

PA Consulting

Application

I interviewed at PA Consulting

Interview

Multiple applicants are brought to the office on the same day -- about 15 in my case. Interview was composed of two interview stages, seperated by lunch. In one stage, applicants were distributed into groups and worked together to solve a puzzle. In the other stage, there were several (maybe 5) rounds of 30-minute interviews, each with one applicant and two members of the team. These felt fairly casual/friendly, and I was able to ask them questions about the company.

Interview Questions
  • Group consulting question: applicants were divided into groups of 4, and asked to provide consultation regarding the creation of a fictional tourist attraction. We had about 20 minutes to come up with a solution, and then presented our answers in front of the interviewers.
  • Tell us about yourself/why do you want to work here?
  • I had only worked in the renewable energy sector, but the company also has interest in non-renewable sectors. I was asked whether I was okay with this. (Please note: I felt that the question was asked in a fair and non-discriminatory manner).

PA Consulting

Application

I interviewed at PA Consulting

Interview

Got through to a face to face interview. However, they decided that they wanted more technical expertise. The role that was advertised was not the role they were actually looking for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourn, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PA Consulting (Melbourn, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

A zoom meeting / teams meeting with various members of their team. Was contacted via a recruiter so had a phone call about the role beforehand and then a later meeting with the team. Very friendly , informative and seemed like a great company.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have in customer facing roles ?
  • Tell us about your university research your currently doing.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 298 Interviews