PerkinElmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

PerkinElmer Interview Questions

Interviews at PerkinElmer

2.8

Commercial Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent in my resume and was emailed a few weeks later asking to set up a time to have a phone interview with the head of HR, my boss, and her boss.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial call to discuss skills and interests
    Skill based online programming challenge (coding--similar to hacker rank)
    onsite 3 rounds --Drilling on resume, projects, user experience
    Projects review in detail
    Challenging test for the given time
    Need to be fast enough to come up with a solution and code satisfying all the test cases.
    1 xml parsing based coding question

Interview Questions

• How do you manage when you need to get help from other teams   Answer Question

Web Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was initially hired through an agency. Contract to perm. Had an in person interview with several people on the team. No difficult questions. I heard on the same day that they wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• Technical experience, people experience, situational question   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer in March 2018.

Interview

The interview took a non-traditional format with made it low stress. The interviewer took time to explain some aspects of the role and how the present situation at the customer site came to be. They were very personable and gave great positive feedback. It took a while (like 3/4 weeks) to hear back for an offer.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. We set up a phone screening interview with the HR. Went well. But they wanted 2-3 years of experience for an entry level sales position. I followed up after the interview and got the reply saying they will contact me within the next week. I emailed them twice after that, no reply.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screen with several employees, the supervisor, and manager. Fairly simple, a few technical questions, some general life questions. Brought in for in-person interview, two people were general 'feeling-out' type questions, not particularly technical. Final person was a technical quiz including problem solving, was moderately complicated but the surprise and short time-frame had me questioning my work. After they said mostly they wanted to see how my brain worked to solve problems under stress. All in all a good interview

Marketing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Overall a negative experience because I never got the courtesy of a follow-up after 2 phone interviews and 4 hours onsite.

There was one 30-minute phone interview with HR, then a 60-minute phone interview with the hiring manager. All seemed excited to get me started. Went onsite in Waltham for a 4-hour interview with several team members. Thought it went well but never got the courtesy of a follow-up afterwards. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual, no dumb "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" or "what's your biggest weakness". It was all very pertinent to the position.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard...I was interviewing for a field sales role. I had a pre-screen call with HR that lasted about 30-45 minutes. A 2nd call was with the hiring manager that lasted 45 minutes. He rescheduled last minute for a couple days later, then was late by almost 15 minutes to the actual call...not a good impression. Call went well though. I had 1 other 30-minute call with an inside sales manager, and I then progressed to 30 minutes face-to-face with a lower level HR person, plus, while I was there, a 30-minute call to the VP of HR who was at another location. She sounded like she was reading questions off a script...no personality behind the conversation at all. In fact, it didn't even feel like a conversation. At the same visit, I had a 1hr in-person with the hiring manager, 30 minutes in-person with a marketing director, and was then conference called in with another field sales manager who was on the road. One final 30 minute phone interview with a VP of sales seemed like a formality, and within 10 days I had an offer letter. The entire process was about 5 weeks or so...pretty quick and efficient, other than the hiring manager rescheduling and being late. There was no presentation requirement, no panel/group interview...each call/meeting was 1 on 1. There were no test that I remember, possibly a drug test.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer in October 2013.

Interview

I first noticed a posting online for the job. I submitted my resume and got a response within a couple of days. I got a call from the site leader and we set up an interview. I met with the team and went over various questions on how the Linux operating system, databases, and biology. Each team member had a few questions based on their specific field of expertise.

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Shelton, CT (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I did a phone interview with HR. Then I did a phone interview with hiring manager. I was asked to come in person and I met with the hiring manager and another HR person. The interviews were very rushed (30 minutes with each person). There didn't seem to be a hiring team (but everyone kept referring to a team making the decision). The whole process took 2+ months. It took at least another month for me to get be told I wouldn't be moving on in the process. I had to send emails/leave messages in order to get a response. It is closing in on 6 months since I applied, and all the positions related to this role (as well as this role) are still being advertised. PerkinElmer seems to be waiting around for the absolute perfect people vs. hiring people who can learn and grow into the position. The hiring manager basically asked how I would solve all their problems during the interview. Do you really want to hire someone who is jumping to a solution without fully understanding all the issues? The whole process was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would you make organization changes to the group to fix the issues we are having?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.