Rackspace Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Rackspace Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Rackspace Technology

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology.

Interview

There were three rounds. Two of them were technical and one of them was behavioral. It was a lengthy process. This process took almost one and half month back and forth.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward process.
    -Phone screen with recruiter.
    -Then was told to prepare for a panel presentation. -That included product pitch and scenario based selling, ( was given ample time and instruction to prepare) which was nice.
    - panel asks questions in regards to back ground and then there is Q&A.

Ultimately was told a week later that i was chosen but couldn’t be offered due to corporate reconstruction. Left out on a limb without a real reason why or if i should re interview .

Later on was reached out, to re interview. After that feeling good about the opportunity since i was initially hired.
    Spoke again with a hiring manager then was ghosted once again with no direction.

What a wild and sad process by such a well known tech company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology in April 2020.

Interview

Initial call with Recruiter (1hr) and then a 10 min slide deck preso, 20 min role play, 20 min Q&A (Rackspace questioning you), 10 min Q&A for candidate. It takes time to prepare, research and create preso although the preso and role play highly determines whether you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rackspace?   1 Answer

Customer Engagement Specialist Interview

Interview

Great interview but no followup. HR will not even acknowledge me when I ask for status, next steps, or even if I'm still available. I would be fine even with the response of "not what we're looking for" but apparently the process is either "yes" or "crickets silence". Some response is better than nothing.

Interview Questions

• General questions about how to engage a difficult customer. Pretty standard.   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Interview

So many reviews here mention being ghosted. I took that with a grain of salt and went in with high hopes. Recruiter contacted me, scheduled time and never showed.... TWICE. When I contacted them to ask if the call was still happening, no answer.

Recruiters are often the first impression of the company. When is management going to look at these reviews and take action? Surprised a well known company is operating so unprofessionally.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology (San Antonio, TX (US)).

Interview

I was contacted via email and had communication via text by a recruiter. I eventually had a phone interview that lasted 30 minutes then went in for an interview which lasted about an hour and twenty minutes.

After both interviews I was told that I would be contacted by Rackspace via email or text for a decision. I never received a response as to the decision after waiting for over a month. The recruiter who had texted me via messages stopped communicating with me altogether, cold-turkey. It was highly unprofessional and a huge waste of time.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology (San Antonio, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied for two different internship positions and one position was a video interview, the other was a phone interview followed by in person interview. Very inconsistent with interview process between two departments.

Vulnerability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology (San Antonio, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled for an hour long video interview. The video interview consisted of 3 people asking questions, mostly technical and then about 3 "personality" type questions each. Two weeks later I was called in for an onsite interview. The interview was 3 hours long. I first met with "Upper management". One of the guys "team lead for team I was applying for" was very professional and friendly. Their compliance person was outgoing, but didn't seam to be at all technically inclined. The third person was unprofessional (toothpick in mouth feet up and arrogant). After an hour the next group came in. The second group was experienced team members and they went over technical questions, with some hr type questions thrown in there. The third group involved junior members who went over technical and hr questions. At the end I was told they had more interviews for that week and to expect feedback (positive or negative) within a week or so. I never received any feedback and a month after reaching out to the recruiter to see if there was any feedback at all I received no reply.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional company. Went through multiple interview rounds. promised an offer over the phone coming soon and never followed up , just ignored emails and calls.. please dont waste your time interviewing with the comp.. any unless you have no job.. if they treat job candidates like that god know how they treat you once you get in.. good riddance

one of their principles is full transparency .. lol (all marketing BS).. they are completely the opp

Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology (San Antonio, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

A few hours after applying for the position, I received an invite for a HireVue assessment where they asked you to complete within 24 hours - one essay scenario question,
    two multiple choices and two ranking questions regarding your shift preference and pay.
    A couple of days after that, I received an email inviting me to attend an interview at the San Antonio HQ. Was also provided a study guide as to what questions would be asked, and to read up on basic knowledge about the company.

There were 18 candidates altogether on the interview day, which was scheduled between 8:30am - 11:30am. They mentioned that there were only 6 available positions. The first round of interviews, we were all called out of the room by a Team Leader, who asked a few basic questions. Then after everyone had been interviewed, they picked 12 candidates to move to the next round.
    Next round of interview was with the Managers. Some simple questions on handling customer issues and experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between IMAP and POP?   Answer Question
    • What is SMTP?   Answer Question
    • Describe how email works, from the moment you hit send? (high level explanation)   Answer Question
    • Scenario :
      A customer has informed you that their CEO will be present in a live troubleshooting session the next day, and you have assured them that you will be present in the call to handle the situation. The next day, you get a call from another customer 10 minutes before your scheduled important call. What do you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.