Ross Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Ross Stores

1,374 Interview Reviews

2.1

Merchandise Interview

Interview

Two round inter view pro cess. Good people to talk to. First round was short, only 30 minutes. Second round was in person at one of their corp offices. i enjoyed meeting the team. office was kind of depressing looking tho (LA location)

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Baltimore, MD (US)).

Interview

Brief. Group Interview. Asked 2 questions one being about availability. They posted a sign on the door about open interviews so I went in and got an offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter, phone interview with main managers, onsite interview with writing sample. Onsite interview was about an hour long along with a tour of the working environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one project that you were involved in from start to finish.   Answer Question

Location Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied through my college, and had a phone screen with a recruiter shortly after. During the 30-minute call, she asked me about my background, a few behavioral questions, and my proficiency with excel. After the call, she sent me an excel test to complete, which wasn't that difficult. The following week, I had a FaceTime interview with the same recruiter and one VP. They flew me out to the New York corporate office within a couple weeks, and I interviewed with 5 people that day, 45-minutes each: 1 VP, 1 director, 2 managers, and the same recruiter. Overall, everyone that I interviewed with seemed interested and engaged, and I thought the interviews went well, but I did not receive an offer. When I got the rejection call about 1-2 weeks after the interview, they did not offer any feedback or any reason as to why they did not select me, which I found very inconsiderate.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

You start with an hour long excel test which is tedious. You have a phone call with a recruiter and then get flown out to their New York offices. You meet with 4 buyers and 1 recruiter, all of whom seem extremely uninterested in anything you have to say. The day is exhausting and their offices are old and extremely messy, its not a modern work environment. One interviewer explained how old school they are as a company, utilizing paper for most communication and how far behind they are in any sustainability efforts. Two weeks later I got a voicemail from a recruiter asking to give me an update on my candidacy, it took me 3 days to get in touch with her again after multiple calls and her voicemail box not being set up. After I finally got in touch she said they moved in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work in a difficult group?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

you know it's gonna be bad when even the receptionist is cold.. the HR coordinator that i interviewed with could seem to care less about what i had to say the entire interview. when the other reviews say they're very picky on who they hire (no diversity.. hint) and what school you go to, they're not lying. nothing about this place seems exciting or appealing, so if you're trying to get your foot in the door in the fashion industry, this isn't it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Havasu City, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Lake Havasu City, AZ (US)).

Interview

It was a basic sit down asking prior experience and them saying they needed people ASAP. Very short and easy position to get into. They basically said you're hired but had to wait for the background check to finish then that was all there was to it. Very simple.

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ross Stores (Newark, DE (US)).

Interview

The woman who hired me wasn’t very nice or friendly at all. She tried to trick me at every question and didn’t seem all that interested. She didn’t have much to say about the job I was applying for as well.

Buying Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ross Stores.

Interview

I applied and scheduled a phone call with hr. Made it to second round in NYC with 3 back to back interviews with buyers. Asks 90% behavioral questions. Still waiting to hear back but everyone at Ross is super nice.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ross Stores (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had an excel test and phone screening interview first and then went out to New York for a day of 5 interviews. Four of them were with people in the buying department and one was with a recruiter. I felt the day went very well and I met or exceeded all of the job requirements. Three of the five people I talked to seemed uninterested in everything I said. The office was a complete mess. Sample products were all over the place lining the hallways and there is not much natural light in the building. I was also not given much direction as to where to go throughout the day and once was told to wait in the wrong area causing me to be late to my next interview. Overall, the communication seemed to lack within the company. I was called a few days later to let me know I had not received the job because they decided to proceed with other candidates instead.

Interview Questions

• How does Ross differ from other off-price retailers like TJ Maxx?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.