Royal Mail Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Royal Mail Operations Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Royal Mail

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Sheffield, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online - applied with CV and 30 question 'role play' - " you're in charge of a delivery office....." With 4 options.

Invited by email to an online interview - you answer 4 competency based questions.... "Give an example of a time when you've achieved something you're proud of...." .... " why do you want to work for the Royal Mail....." You can practise to begin with as many times as you like but once you start the interview, you must stick to you're answers..... Make sure you're in a room with plenty of light and a neutral background, do not stutter , use the practise as much as you like to form your answers.

Wait Roughly 4 weeks for an answer, I got through to the assessment centre. Consists of interview - 4 competency based questions - " give me an example of a time you had to deal with a difficult situation ..." Etc. Only 4 questions so stay calm and collected and pull from experience. Second bit was a what would you do if.... Scenario Situation.... Around HR and how you deal with people. 3rd bit was a role play ( it wasn't n this order but how I remember it) on union reps and getting them on board

Negotiation

Good

Other Interview Reviews for Royal Mail

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview followed a selection process containing an online multi-choice quiz around management scenarios and how you would deal with them as well as a video interview. The video interview was "one way", a practice question to test the process and then when you feel ready you proceed to the first question. The question is displayed, you have 30 seconds to prepare your answer then 2 minutes to answer. With hindsight I would have set my own timer as there is no indication on the screen how much time is remaining.
    The actual face to face interview was held in Swindon and consisted of 3 parts, a classic interview, a presentation and a role play. The interview panel was made up of other operational / regional managers.

Interview Questions

• Interview - conducted by an operations manager, classic competency based questions.......what would you do if......give me an example of when.......   Answer Question
    • The presentation was based around a scenario whereby I'd just taken over a poor performing depot (below target on delivery times, too many damages, poor customer service scores and new starters causing problems etc.) I had 45 minutes to prepare my presentation which had to contain my solutions to these problems in the short / medium and long term.   Answer Question
    • The role play was the third part of the assessment afternoon. 45 minutes to read the information and prepare for a meeting with the union rep. The scenario was based around the need to introduce new working practices and times.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail in February 2016.

Interview

Managed to get past initial selection stage and invited to stage 2. This is Situational Judgement Test and then a video interview. The SJ is based on a scenario and you have to judge which you think would be most effective through to counter productive from 4 choices given. You get a total of 24 scenarios and takes around 45 mins.

The video interview was my first and I was nervous as I couldn't find any reviews of what to expect! You need Microsoft Edge, my firefox kept crashing which didn't help. You have one practice question before you go "live". Essentially you are given 4 questions, where you have 1 minute to read and prepare your answer. This is written for you and is visible to you during the video. You ARE NOT interacting with a person, only speaking into your webcam. The difficult bit is that you are given a maximum of 2 minutes to articulate your answer. There is a countdown clock and that does add pressure at the back end of the 2 minutes as the camera does shutdown at 2 minutes.

My advice would be practice your answers to meet the 2 minutes deadline.

As this was yesterday I have no offer yet, so disregard the button lower down

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Royal Mail (London, England) in March 2013.

Interview

A very intense one day process - however at least it was over in one day! Expect competency "describe a time when..." type questions and, depending on the role you are applying for, an element of role-play. Also expect pre-interview tests and, if successful, a lengthy background check - although this shouldn't pose any issues unless you have skeletons in the closet!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to deal with an awkward customer.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.