Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 5 Jun 2018

1. Featured Interview

Contract Back-end Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in March 2015.

Interview

One hour interview with tech lead and engineering manager, following phone screening by a recruitment agency. Talked through my CV, the (greenfield) project I was being hired for, and some agile/cultural and tech questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a canonical MVC diagram of a web app and asked me to talk through potential attack vectors in each part of the architecture and how to defend against them.   1 Answer

Operations Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England).

Interview

Consisted of a telephone interview, skype call and assessment centre . Such a relaxed and smooth process across all stages, supported by SBG and the recruitment agency throughout the entire process.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (London, England).

Interview

Very poor interview process ethically. Fishing for competitive intelligence about your current company and then casting people out is the oldest trick in the book but is employed here. Be careful about divulged information and stay at a high level. Very inexperienced head of product and head of tech technology and poor architects.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all mostly best practices at where I work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process involved telephone and Skype interviews, followed by some online logical reasoning and seductive reasoning tests, and finally an assessment day. The interview questions were centralised around competency, and focused on how your experience in various situations (professionally and non-professionally) would make you succeed in this role. The assessment day involved ice breakers, networking with various teams and graduates, a group activity task which ended with a presentation, and then 1:1 interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The structure of the process was as follows: initial application, phone interview, video interview, psychometric testing, personality test, assessment centre.

SBG created a great atmosphere to be assessed in. I felt that from the very start of the process, it was different in the sense that it really gave off a great representation of their culrute. I felt that in this type of environment I could perform to my best. Looking back, I feel this comes down to the wider SBG team being so welcoming, open and honest from the initial interview to the second I walked through the door.

Commercial Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Online application followed by a telephone interview, a video interview then online tests. If successful then invited to an assessment centre at the head office in Leeds.

Company has a great culture and that is apparent throughout the process. This is typified by those carrying out the interviews who help you as much as they can and really put you at ease throughout. The assessment centre was very relaxed and that seems to be their aim as it gets the best out of those applying.

Overall it has been quite a pleasant experience despite the pressure.

Interview Questions

• Which is your favourite product at SBG and what would you do to improve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Process took roughly 3 months, applied in January, and received an email for a telephone interview mid March. From here I was invited to do a Skype interview. I was invited to the assessment day roughly a week later.

The assessment day itself was quite relaxed with SBG putting a heavy focus on their their SBG life. SBG pride itself on being a relaxed, fun and innovative company and this really came through in the assessment day. The day started at 8:30 with a coffee and a quick chat. At about 9, we were given a talk on the SBG way/life and an overview of the various roles that come under the term operations (risk + fraud dept, Traders, customer contacts). After that, each candidate had to give their name, a bit about themselves (uni, whats on their bucket list etc). After this we were given a tour round the offices.

After the tour, we were split into of 6 groups, and given a task to do. The task consisted of going through a potential new product for SBG, and the ways to best implement that to enhance the customer experience. We were asked to consider the potential for customer contact, potential resourcing issues, a trading and promotional plan for the new product, as well as the risks that may come with this new product. Ours happened to be on the World Cup, and we had to think about potential new customers that may come with such a large sporting event. After an hour of so of planning the product, we had to give a presentation explaining the product.

After lunch, we had about 45 mins to 1 hours for interviews and and Q&A with various members of staff who worked in trading etc (depts earlier mentioned) as well as previous graduates.

Overall the process was very enjoyable and the interview at the end is more like a chat.

Below are questions from the telephone interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at SkyBet and Gaming?   Answer Question
    • Why have you applied specifically for Operations?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project that took a long time to complete, and explained how you organised your yourself to ensure you achieved your targets?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for SBG?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied in March and got offered a phone interview, following this I did a face to dace interview over Skype and successfully made it to the assessment day in mid April. Very positive process, always helped along the way and always able to ask questions. The phone and Skype interview involved demonstrating knowledge of the company and the program and some competency based questions. The assessment day involved a group task and individual interviews.

Application

Interview

Interview process took ~2 months.
    The process began with a 30 minute telephone interview asking what you know about SBG and general competency based questions.

I later received an email saying I had successfully made it to the next stage of the interview process, which was a Skype interview with a member of the recruitment team. This is a great experience as it feels more like a chat. This consisted of more competency based questions. I would suggest doing some research beforehand regarding SBG, SBGs core values and the betting/gaming business' current affairs.

Shortly after completing this stage I received an email saying I'd successfully made it to the assessment centre, which was the following week. The assessment centre was a great experience. This day begins with icebreakers and an excellent way to meet other candidates. Following this was a group exercise regarding how to improve the customer experience for the world cup. Next was lunch, which gave us the opportunity to meet current employees and graduates to ask questions. This is an excellent chance to ask many questions and get a real insight to the company, the more interest you have, the better! The day concluded with a 2 on 1 interview. This stage just feels like a general chat with a few competency based questions. Overall the experience was great and extremely chilled out!
    If I were to give any advice, have a genuine interest for the company, do some research and most of all, just be yourself! SBG pride themselves on getting the best out of their employees and the assessment centre definitely does this!

Interview Questions

• Why SBG?

Name a time you took a risk and what was the outcome?

Name a time you brought the best out of someone?

What do you know about SBG?

Why this particular graduate scheme?

Name a time you had to work in a group to achieve a target.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process involved submitting a CV, a telephone interview, a Skype interview, psychometric/ personality tests and an assessment centre. The application process overall was highly organised and seemed to be fair. I was kept well informed throughout the process and we were given help and support on the lead up to the assessment centre.

The assessment centre was much more relaxed than typical assessment centres, and the assessors and organisers were extremely friendly and encouraging throughout the day. The day consisted of an icebreaker, a group task related to the betting and gaming industry, a tour, networking with the current graduates, and an interview with two assessors. The assessment day was designed to get the best out of you, and the final interview seemed to be more about getting to know you and seeing whether you were a good fit for the company. There are plenty of opportunities to ask questions and network with current employees, which was really useful in getting an insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sky Betting & Gaming?
      What is your favourite product? How would you improve one of our products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

There was aTwo Stage Phone Interview, a preliminary one followed by a tougher second interview. Between interviews there was also psychometric testing sent out, however it didn't impact the recruitment process allegedly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with ambiguity and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.