Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions

Updated 4 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Sky Betting & Gaming

HardAverageEasy
Found 73 candidate interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England, England
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England, England) in Jun 2018

Interview

Phone call with internal recruiter to discuss work history and skills. Followed by a tech challenge which involved two tasks. One was a stats challenge and the other was to do something interesting on a data set of my choice. Tech challenges were then presented in a face to face interview. Interview questions were mainly technical on the two challenges and as well as on previous data science experience.

Interview Questions
  • Explain previous data science project experience.
    Answer Question
Sky Betting & Gaming
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming

Interview

After applying online had initial chat with internal recruiter to assess suitability for the role. This was followed up an informal first stage interview with three other engineers. Had this been succesful a tech test would have followed.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about background and to provide details on experience using React, Typescript, Redux, Webpack.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

Brief Phone call to check you was right for the job and to talk about experience Was contacted to say i was through to next stage, which was a 1 hour zoom call 15 min presentation followed by experience questions Two week later i was informed i had failed to make it to the next stage, Very professional was told good and bad points to my interview, what i could do next time and then sent a email with all points for improvement.

Interview Questions
Sky Betting & Gaming
Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

1st was a 15 min call with a few standards questions regarding the role. 2nd was a group zoom assessment day which consisted off they get to see how you worked in a team, then an individual assessment pointing out faults in an email and then a 1-1 interview. Whole experience was really good. Don’t be disheartened if you don’t get the offer as they give feedback and tell you about good and bad points which was really helpful. They also give you the opportunity to apply for potential other roles within the company. I was fortunate to get the offer after a misfortune from someone else.

Interview Questions
Sky Betting & Gaming
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

2 stages: 1st: Informal chat: just to see if you're fit for the role and see what kind of person you are 2nd Assessment day: Doing group task and Indiviaul task to test abilities that fit to the role. On top of that a interview .

Interview Questions
Sky Betting & Gaming
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming

Interview

The interview was in two parts: Part 1 - Speed Interview Like speed dating but you went from interviewer to interviewer being asked one specific question Part 2 - Group task which was to create a team for an event selecting a group of employees

Interview Questions
Sky Betting & Gaming
Anonymous Employee in Milan
Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Milan) in Oct 2020

Interview

1) "Face-to-Face" interview ( Around 1 hour) I did my "face-to-face" interview through Zoom due to the COVID-19. The interviewers were bright and cut-to-the-chase professional, they have given in-depth details about the company also shared their insight into the betting industry. 2) Take-home Task ( A weekend ) I received a take-home design test to demonstrate my skills. The design task was deep enough to show my strengths. 3) Second Interview( Around 1 hour) The second interview was mainly focused on explaining my design rationale, approach, and workflow with developers. I had enough time to ask them the questions at the end. Within a week, I received an offer. All in all, the whole experience was pleasant. Rob, the HR from Oddschecker was very professional, he helped me throughout the whole post-interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses
Sky Betting & Gaming
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming in Sep 2020

Interview

I was 1st contacted on the phone (phone screen) by one of the Talent Delivery Partners at SBG who expressed their interest in me after submitting my online application. They had asked me some initial questions such as: “Why do you want to work at SBG?” and “Why do you want to work as a Research Analyst?”. They then invited me on to a 2nd stage interview (1:1) where it consisted of an informal 30 minute interview with the hiring manager (Research Manager). The interview was very open and honest. After the interview, I was also provided the chance to ask any questions I had. The hiring manager was very clear in regard to the next stages. The next stage consisted of a research analysis task; where successful candidates were provided with a dataset to analyse and present (10-15mins) their key findings for the next interview. The 2nd and final interview (panel) was between myself, the hiring manager and research manager. The interview lasted for 1.5 hours, with 30mins dedicated to the task (including QnA), 45mins for competency style questions and then 15mins of my questions. The Talent Delivery Partner is pretty much like your side-kick throughout the process. Although this may not always be the case, the Talent Delivery Partner contacted me on the same day, 5-6 hours after the interview to inform me that they’re offering me the job. The Talent Delivery Partner gave me a complete explanation of the offer and the package/benefits involved.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time where you had to deal with a conflict, working as part of a team. What are 3 qualities that you look for in a team? Can you think of a time where you learned from your mistakes?
Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England, England) in Sep 2020

Interview

I applied via the SBG careers website and was subsequently contacted by the impressive internal recruitment team to discuss my background and current situation - following this I completed a three stage interview process via Zoom.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your experience with different ways of delivering technical change (i.e. ways of working).
Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Manchester, England, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

The first stage was a competency interview with HR via telephone and the final stage was a video interview with the hiring manager and a department trader, with a mix of competency questions and technical questions about odds in different scenarios within sports betting.

Interview Questions
  • The hardest question was a scenario based one about "bad-each way" betting on horse racing.
Sky Betting & Gaming
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming

Interview

The application process was very easy and straightforward. Received a call from someone in the Talent team advising I was seleceted for interview. Dates and availability were available and accommodating. Interview was professional and well run.

Interview Questions
  • A whiteboard exercise which was not detailed before interview to test thinking on your feet.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Interviews