Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Contract Back-end Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in March 2015.

Interview

One hour interview with tech lead and engineering manager, following phone screening by a recruitment agency. Talked through my CV, the (greenfield) project I was being hired for, and some agile/cultural and tech questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a canonical MVC diagram of a web app and asked me to talk through potential attack vectors in each part of the architecture and how to defend against them.   1 Answer

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Was contacted by a member of the HR department who was very helpful and friendly. The interview itself was with two people, one DevOps engineer and one Test Engineer (I was effectively being interviewed for two roles in order to find the one that suited me the most).

Interview Questions

• How I would go about testing a simple web page form (the example used was setting up a email address where you type in the email you want and the password and password confirmation).   Answer Question

Art Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, quick telephone call and then called in for an assessment Center. Group exercise and then an interview with competency questions which was 1-1. Was told I would find out the next day if I was successful.

Account Resolution Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England).

Interview

Applied online using a standard application form
    Was called for a telephone screening where the role was discussed in more detail
    Was invited to an assessment centre
    Called 2 days later to have been offered the job

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Quick and simple online application followed by telephone/video interview and assessment day at head office in Leeds. The staff overseeing the application process from application through to offer were extremely friendly, attentive and helpful throughout, giving personal phone numbers in the event that applicants needed to ask any questions or had any concerns throughout the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• General competency based questions and focus on how to make betting and gaming better.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

- Phone Interview; Asking about yourself and why you applied for the programme.
    - Face to Face Interview; Assessing your skill set and asking for examples of when you worked in a team, demonstrated organisation and more.
    - Asessment Day Interview; The interview by two of the departmental staff. This focuses more on demonstrating key skills such as teamwork, solving disputes, achieving goals over a long period of time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project that took a long time to complete, and tell us how you organised yourself to ensure you achieved your targets.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Had two calls and an in-person interview at the Leeds office. There was also a mandatory tech challenge that they requested, but it was either pass / fail without any feedback. I passed that and it continued onto the in-person phase.

Office was nice, lots of open space, interview consisted of some deep technical questions along with soft questions.

Interview Questions

• - Explain the full-stack Web experience from DOM to TCP/IP and how computers are assigned IPs. -
      - How do domain names work?
      - How to create a full-stack micro-blogging solution without using off-the-shelf components? How to extend it for 50K users?
      - How to manage project deadlines along with process?   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Various interview stages both on the phone and in person. The assessment day was by far the best I've been to. Very relaxed and offered a good variety of tasks to allow you to shine.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview with two managers. Assessed for knowledge of team management and development, delivery management, Agile knowledge. Not a technical interview. All tech interviews are preceded by a tech test which can be found on Github.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure the structure of your team was set up to maximise the chance of successful delivery?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.