Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Liverpool, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The tech academy graduate scheme process was very pleasant! After the initial application you are contacted by a personal recruiter for a short call about general information. You are then contacted by the same recruiter for a phone interview which is straight forward and mostly questions about yourself.

The assessment day was very laid back with ~12 people on each day. You are split into 2 groups and given the same data handling task. It’s sort of technical but there are people there to help and they are more interested in your team skills than if you can do the task.

There is an interview during the day with one technical expert and a previous tech academy grad. Again this is mainly questions about yourself and is very laid back and more of a chat.

Overall the experience was very pleasant and laid back and having the personal recruiter all the way through eases the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked in a team to solve a complex task?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you handled conflict in a group?   Answer Question

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Initial telephone interview followed by a technical test. Following this I had a zoom "face-to-face" interview due to COVID-19. This whole process was very well conducted and recruitment kept me very well informed during the disruption caused by COVID-19.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to my CV along with a challenging but fair technical test on parts of the Swift programming language   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in March 2020.

Interview

I was contacted about an open hire and had a call to find out more about SBG and the role. Once i'd decided to go for it, I sent across my CV and portfolio and an interview structure and brief were sent out to me.

I had a few days to complete the brief and then went in for the interview at the end of the week in which I presented my designs and a small presentation about myself. Once i'd finished this there was a small UX task and a behavioural interview to find out how I work with a team.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've dealt with a tricky stakeholder.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project where you've directly had a positive impact.   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in February 2020.

Interview

After submitting my initial application , I had a brief chat with internal recruiter and then was invited in for an interview with the test manager and one of the test leads, This took the form of a chat really , more about , my experience and the way I would go about doing the job rather than specifics. I was then contacted by the recruiter some days afterward and was offered the post

Interview Questions

• No question stood out, I was quite nervous , but the interviewers made me feel at ease and I think were as interested in whether I would fit the culture at SBG , as they were in the fine details of my knowledge.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in January 2020.

Interview

I was referred for a Go role, the recruiter Julian rang me and sent me a tech test. The manager who was responsible for this recruitment was on paternity leave so my tech test wasn't being reviewed by him. However Julian asked the help from other senior member and I quickly got a face to face interview. Julian has been wonderful the whole process, answered my millions of questions nicely and patiently, and he kept encouraging me as I was nervous about the interview. Julian is a star!

Interview Questions

• If there is something you can change about Go, what would it be?   Answer Question

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in November 2019.

Interview

I can honestly say that the hiring and interview process has been the most pleasant in all the jobs I have every applied for. Amy O'Shea and the team at SB&G have made the whole process so smooth and seamless, with a careful and considered approach about my current situation. The support from everyone has been fantastic, and most of all an enjoyable experience

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time where you have been able to manage a challenging stakeholder or project, and how did you overcome any difficulties?   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I was referred by an existing employee rather than applying for a specific role, Tom from the Talent team contacted me and invited me for an interview. I was initially interviewed by the Technical Lead and another senior member of my team, which was unlike any interviews I've had before - it was very relaxed and unstressful, more like a chat with peers. We talked about technical things but it was definitely not in the format of a test or set questions, much more informal. This was supposed to be quite quick but we ended up chatting for almost two hours because we were all enjoying the conversation. A few days later, I was invited back for a second interview with the CISO and again this was done on an informal basis - he was very personable and the whole thing was remarkably stress free. At the end of the interview, he said he'd be happy to hire me and then passed me back on to the Talent team who worked out salary details, etc. and confirmed my offer. Because of the nature of the company, there were some background and identity check to do before I could start - even so the whole thing took less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• There were no 'clever' questions if you like, it was just talking about what things I'd done before and where I wanted to be going in future. I felt (as I always do) that it's more important to be honest and enthusiastic rather than claiming to know things that you don't - you can always learn what you don't know if you have the right attitude, and everyone goes through the same thing when starting a new role.   Answer Question

Head of Design & User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview comprised of 3 steps - 1. an initial chat with the hiring manager and peer, 2. a strategy presentation and live task to a panel, 3. a coffee with senior leadership.

The process was very smooth, there was great interaction with the recruitment team during and post-offer. It also moved very quickly which was a positive.

I was also invited to multiple events before starting to help with integration.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Amy O'Shea, the Talent Experience Coordinator, was very accommodating and helpful. Not only that she provided thorough information regarding the interview process to help me prepare, but she was also very supportive and considerate. I felt taken care of throughout the whole process.

The phone interviews were unlike the usual question-and-answer type of interview; it was more like a casual conversation, which helped me to relax and deliver thought-out answers. I was lucky enough to be invited for an in-person interview. During the interview, everyone was very welcoming and kind. Again, the atmosphere was very friendly and casual. Personally, it helped with conveying my personality across.

Interview Questions

• How do you convince someone who does not believe in our research findings? (or something along those lines)   Answer Question

CRM Strategy Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Long, drawn out, unprofessional, biased, needed to be lead by a HR professional and not only the hiring managers. Hiring managers created the task and also gave advice to other candidates as well as making the final decision on who got the jo.b

Interview Questions

• Tell us a difficult situation you've dealt with and what the outcomes were   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.