Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 9 Aug 2018

1. Featured Interview

Contract Back-end Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in March 2015.

Interview

One hour interview with tech lead and engineering manager, following phone screening by a recruitment agency. Talked through my CV, the (greenfield) project I was being hired for, and some agile/cultural and tech questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a canonical MVC diagram of a web app and asked me to talk through potential attack vectors in each part of the architecture and how to defend against them.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming in February 2018.

Interview

Technical Test was the initial phase of the interview and did not receive any call from the developer or manager as the recruiter from sky betting contacted me directly and provided the technical test details.

Interview Questions

• The test was quite big as it was an end to end application where they were integrating few different technologies. Use mongodb as database and then use asynchronous messaging protocol.   1 Answer

Head of Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a recruiter for an upcoming role in Sky Betting and Gaming. Did a phone interview and was invited up to Leeds to meet the rest of the senior team. Following from there I did a series of 1:1 interviews with all senior team members and with the CTO.

Interview Questions

• What significant contribution did you make at your last company? How did you achieve it?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

- Phone Interview; Asking about yourself and why you applied for the programme.
    - Face to Face Interview; Assessing your skill set and asking for examples of when you worked in a team, demonstrated organisation and more.
    - Asessment Day Interview; The interview by two of the departmental staff. This focuses more on demonstrating key skills such as teamwork, solving disputes, achieving goals over a long period of time.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project that took a long time to complete, and tell us how you organised yourself to ensure you achieved your targets.   Answer Question

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Various interview stages both on the phone and in person. The assessment day was by far the best I've been to. Very relaxed and offered a good variety of tasks to allow you to shine.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Was invited in for an informal interview following a phone interview. Was supposed to be so informal it was going to be in the pub! Turned out to be a formal interview. Never got any feedback despite requests

Interview Questions

• What is your personality type from the personality test that I acknowledge you've never taken?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview was positive, called in for a face to face interview the following week which consisted of a scenario based presentation, given 15 minutes to prepare and present. Interviewed by Head of Service and another Service Manager. Relaxed interview

Interview Questions

• How would I prioritise dealing with emergency changes, a security incident demands of the day   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in December 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me; they told me that I was good at the phone interview and they will contact me next week. The contact didn't happen. I asked about next steps but I didn't have any response.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in March 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview with two managers. Assessed for knowledge of team management and development, delivery management, Agile knowledge. Not a technical interview. All tech interviews are preceded by a tech test which can be found on Github.

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure the structure of your team was set up to maximise the chance of successful delivery?   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (London, England).

Interview

Very poor interview process ethically. Fishing for competitive intelligence about your current company and then casting people out is the oldest trick in the book but is employed here. Be careful about divulged information and stay at a high level. Very inexperienced head of product and head of tech technology and poor architects.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all mostly best practices at where I work   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Was contacted by a member of the HR department who was very helpful and friendly. The interview itself was with two people, one DevOps engineer and one Test Engineer (I was effectively being interviewed for two roles in order to find the one that suited me the most).

Interview Questions

• How I would go about testing a simple web page form (the example used was setting up a email address where you type in the email you want and the password and password confirmation).   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.