Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Apr 2018

1. Featured Interview

Contract Back-end Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in March 2015.

Interview

One hour interview with tech lead and engineering manager, following phone screening by a recruitment agency. Talked through my CV, the (greenfield) project I was being hired for, and some agile/cultural and tech questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a canonical MVC diagram of a web app and asked me to talk through potential attack vectors in each part of the architecture and how to defend against them.   1 Answer

Operations Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England).

Interview

Consisted of a telephone interview, skype call and assessment centre . Such a relaxed and smooth process across all stages, supported by SBG and the recruitment agency throughout the entire process.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (London, England).

Interview

Very poor interview process ethically. Fishing for competitive intelligence about your current company and then casting people out is the oldest trick in the book but is employed here. Be careful about divulged information and stay at a high level. Very inexperienced head of product and head of tech technology and poor architects.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all mostly best practices at where I work   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The structure of the process was as follows: initial application, phone interview, video interview, psychometric testing, personality test, assessment centre.

SBG created a great atmosphere to be assessed in. I felt that from the very start of the process, it was different in the sense that it really gave off a great representation of their culrute. I felt that in this type of environment I could perform to my best. Looking back, I feel this comes down to the wider SBG team being so welcoming, open and honest from the initial interview to the second I walked through the door.

Commercial Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Online application followed by a telephone interview, a video interview then online tests. If successful then invited to an assessment centre at the head office in Leeds.

Company has a great culture and that is apparent throughout the process. This is typified by those carrying out the interviews who help you as much as they can and really put you at ease throughout. The assessment centre was very relaxed and that seems to be their aim as it gets the best out of those applying.

Overall it has been quite a pleasant experience despite the pressure.

Interview Questions

• Which is your favourite product at SBG and what would you do to improve it?   Answer Question

Graduate Operation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Process took roughly 3 months, applied in January, and received an email for a telephone interview mid March. From here I was invited to do a Skype interview. I was invited to the assessment day roughly a week later.

The assessment day itself was quite relaxed with SBG putting a heavy focus on their their SBG life. SBG pride itself on being a relaxed, fun and innovative company and this really came through in the assessment day. The day started at 8:30 with a coffee and a quick chat. At about 9, we were given a talk on the SBG way/life and an overview of the various roles that come under the term operations (risk + fraud dept, Traders, customer contacts). After that, each candidate had to give their name, a bit about themselves (uni, whats on their bucket list etc). After this we were given a tour round the offices.

After the tour, we were split into of 6 groups, and given a task to do. The task consisted of going through a potential new product for SBG, and the ways to best implement that to enhance the customer experience. We were asked to consider the potential for customer contact, potential resourcing issues, a trading and promotional plan for the new product, as well as the risks that may come with this new product. Ours happened to be on the World Cup, and we had to think about potential new customers that may come with such a large sporting event. After an hour of so of planning the product, we had to give a presentation explaining the product.

After lunch, we had about 45 mins to 1 hours for interviews and and Q&A with various members of staff who worked in trading etc (depts earlier mentioned) as well as previous graduates.

Overall the process was very enjoyable and the interview at the end is more like a chat.

Below are questions from the telephone interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at SkyBet and Gaming?   Answer Question
    • Why have you applied specifically for Operations?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project that took a long time to complete, and explained how you organised your yourself to ensure you achieved your targets?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for SBG?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to work in a team.   Answer Question

Graduate Operation Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied in March and got offered a phone interview, following this I did a face to dace interview over Skype and successfully made it to the assessment day in mid April. Very positive process, always helped along the way and always able to ask questions. The phone and Skype interview involved demonstrating knowledge of the company and the program and some competency based questions. The assessment day involved a group task and individual interviews.

Software Academy Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, after a few weeks was contacted for a telephone interview, after that I was invited to an assessment day at their offices in Leeds. The assessment day consisted of a group project, was pulled out for a 50 minute interview during the day. Lunch provided and travel paid for

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where something went wrong for you, and explain how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming in February 2018.

Interview

Technical Test was the initial phase of the interview and did not receive any call from the developer or manager as the recruiter from sky betting contacted me directly and provided the technical test details.

Interview Questions

• The test was quite big as it was an end to end application where they were integrating few different technologies. Use mongodb as database and then use asynchronous messaging protocol.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer (Node Js) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in February 2018.

Interview

1) 15 minute phone call - brief description of the job and SBG, general questions about my current position, the technologies I use.
    2) Tech test - 5 hours to finish the technical test which is available on github.
    3) Skype interview - 1 hour interview about my past, about your what technologies I use, how I work.
    4) Personal interview - They invited me to Leeds for 2 days (they paid for everything, flight tickets, hotel, meals). On the first day the recruiters guided me and show the offices. The actual interview was on the second day. Three guys interviewed me, it took about 1.5 hours, they asked me about my past jobs, what technologies I use, how does the architecture looks like on which I work in my current role. After the interview they took me out for a lunch in a nearby restaurant.

Nights Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview was nice and formal; asking the usual questions "Why are you leaving your current job", "What do you know about Sky Bet" etc. Simple research of the company should give you all you need to have a great telephone interview and the person contacting me was really easy to talk to and extremely pleasant. Really puts you at ease!

Once you've passed the telephone interview and move to the face to face interview, that's where preparing makes all the difference. Make sure you have at least two examples for general customer service "Tell us about a time" queries. Candidates will be asked for a range of examples from meeting targets/goals, good customer service, a difficult situation etc. Make sure all examples for the STAR format.

After the competency questions, there's a small role play, so make sure you read all of the information given.

The interviewers all make you feel extremely comfortable and the interview was more conversational than formal, which really does help.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you've dealt with a difficult situation?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a time when you didn't meet an expected target / goal?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Sky Bet?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a time when you've exceeded a target / provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.