Sky Betting & Gaming Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Feb 2018

1. Featured Interview

Contract Back-end Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in March 2015.

Interview

One hour interview with tech lead and engineering manager, following phone screening by a recruitment agency. Talked through my CV, the (greenfield) project I was being hired for, and some agile/cultural and tech questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a canonical MVC diagram of a web app and asked me to talk through potential attack vectors in each part of the architecture and how to defend against them.   1 Answer

Software Academy Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, after a few weeks was contacted for a telephone interview, after that I was invited to an assessment day at their offices in Leeds. The assessment day consisted of a group project, was pulled out for a 50 minute interview during the day. Lunch provided and travel paid for

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where something went wrong for you, and explain how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Nights Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview was nice and formal; asking the usual questions "Why are you leaving your current job", "What do you know about Sky Bet" etc. Simple research of the company should give you all you need to have a great telephone interview and the person contacting me was really easy to talk to and extremely pleasant. Really puts you at ease!

Once you've passed the telephone interview and move to the face to face interview, that's where preparing makes all the difference. Make sure you have at least two examples for general customer service "Tell us about a time" queries. Candidates will be asked for a range of examples from meeting targets/goals, good customer service, a difficult situation etc. Make sure all examples for the STAR format.

After the competency questions, there's a small role play, so make sure you read all of the information given.

The interviewers all make you feel extremely comfortable and the interview was more conversational than formal, which really does help.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you've dealt with a difficult situation?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a time when you didn't meet an expected target / goal?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Sky Bet?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me a time when you've exceeded a target / provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Sports Journalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Telephone screening, not difficult - salary discussion/Role details/An potential questions you might have. Assessment day at offices. Icebreaker quiz with fellow candidates. 20 minute face-to-face interview. Live task surrounding a live football game.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in December 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me; they told me that I was good at the phone interview and they will contact me next week. The contact didn't happen. I asked about next steps but I didn't have any response.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Was invited in for an informal interview following a phone interview. Was supposed to be so informal it was going to be in the pub! Turned out to be a formal interview. Never got any feedback despite requests

Interview Questions

• What is your personality type from the personality test that I acknowledge you've never taken?   Answer Question

Software Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in December 2017.

Interview

A telephone interview, with a lvoely lady who was very helpful throughout the whole process. Just a nice chat to get to know me and what inspires you ect ect. This was followed up by a online video interview process. I was presented by 6 or 7 questions via short video clips then given time to record a response. Lastly an assessment day for final shortlist.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about something you've done outside of your degree to develop yourself. How did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • - What interests and excites you the most about technology?   Answer Question
    • - Tell me about a complicated problem you’ve had to solve. What approach did you take to solving it?   Answer Question
    • - How did you decide to approach your planning for it?   Answer Question
    • How did you adapt to any changes that needed making?   Answer Question
    • - Tell me about a time where you’ve worked in a team and had to manage conflict.   Answer Question

Software Academy Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Initially you were required to send in a CV and covering letter and it was from this you would be selected for a phone interview. This was very relaxed and asked about how much I knew about SB&G, why did I apply and about myself. From this I was then selected for a video interview which was one where you had privy to the questions and recorded them online. You get 48 hours from when you receive the email to do this. From these recordings, they decide whether or not to invite you for an assessment day. I have been selected but am yet to go to it but from what I hear from others, it is a fun and relaxed day but also challenging and stimulating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complicated problem you've had to solve. What approach did you take to solve it?   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Sheffield, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. Was contacted by a member of the HR department who was very helpful and friendly. The interview itself was with two people, one DevOps engineer and one Test Engineer (I was effectively being interviewed for two roles in order to find the one that suited me the most).

Interview Questions

• How I would go about testing a simple web page form (the example used was setting up a email address where you type in the email you want and the password and password confirmation).   Answer Question

Art Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, quick telephone call and then called in for an assessment Center. Group exercise and then an interview with competency questions which was 1-1. Was told I would find out the next day if I was successful.

Account Resolution Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sky Betting & Gaming (Leeds, England).

Interview

Applied online using a standard application form
    Was called for a telephone screening where the role was discussed in more detail
    Was invited to an assessment centre
    Called 2 days later to have been offered the job

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.