Spotify Software Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Spotify Software Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Spotify

3.2

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

Very unprofessional and unorganized process. The recruiter was not even capable to arrange a pre-screen phone call with me. We exchanged email for the phone call and unfortunately, I had an impromptu meeting that I had to reschedule, I emailed her, she didn't respond my email. Then she called me out of blue at different time with an unknown caller id and left a message said she would call me back another time, then that's it. She never call.....

Interview Questions

• She asked me to wait for her call, and she never call   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Spotify

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a 4 stage interview
    Stage 1: Cubiks online test. IQ questions
    Stage 2: HR interview via google hangout
    Stage 3: Sr manager/Director interview via google hangout
    Stage 4: Face to face interview. Half day process. 3 rounds.

Note:HR, took forever to get back to me after each round. T

Interview Questions

• Some of the Key Questions in Round 1: HR Round
      1. Tell me about yourself and your past experience. I think they were just checking communication skills. Also depth of experience
      2. What am i looking in my next role?
      3. Salary expectations   2 Answers
    • Round 2: Director/Sr Manager interview.
      1, Google hangout interview. Friendly person. Basic questions about past experience.
      2. Management Style. How I lead teams and ensure good processes are followed.
      3. What metrics do I use day to day?
      4. How do I ensure diversity in my teams?
      5. Give example of difficult stakeholders that I have worked with. Why they were difficult? How did I manage them?
      6. Give Example of difficult employees I had to work with. How I managed them?
      7. My priorities in the current role are? Why?   1 Answer
    • Round 3. Face to face at Spotify office.
      Round a. Technical.
      - Draw architecture of my current applications/project. Descibe each part how they interact etc. OR They can provide a scenario. (I suggest ask for scenario)
      Round b.
      - They had a list of questions, they were goin through. Interviewer typed-up everthing as I was saying it.
      - Many real world situations and examples questions. Examples of providing negative feedback. Describe the impact.
      - What objectives have been set for me, in my current role? How i deliver it.
      - Scenario example, where i have backed a team member or colleague to deliver a piece of work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Spotify (London, England).

Interview

It took about 3 weeks before I heard back and was offered a first round interview conducted over google hangouts. This was around 30 minutes long and fairly straight forward consisting of competence base questions focused on current job and management styles. Make sure you have examples ready.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to manage an under performing team member? How did you deal with this?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Spotify.

Interview

Weird interview cycle...They don't seem to know what they are doing in terms of recruitment. Applied through the website, got an interview scheduled but recruiter did not show up. Contacted again through email couple of weeks later and managed to talk with the recruiter. Another meeting with hiring manager for which i never received the outcome. Checked with recruiter couple of times with no response :) A company with this type of hiring practices is the one that you should be staying away...

Interview Questions

• Standard software development management behavioral and case overview questions   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.