Superdrug Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Superdrug Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2017

2.5

Analyst Interview

Interview

VERY FAST PROCESS. Very easy interview. The successful candidates likely don't realise how hard it is to get a similar role - far more rigorous testing and experience required.

1) Applied online
    2) Video interview
    3) Assessment (half) day - group task, individual interview, maths test, presentation.
    4) Successful candidates contacted 1.5 days later.

1) Very simple
    2) 5 questions
    3) Very fun. Honestly I must say this has been one of the best companies I have dealt with in the UK. The department staff were lovely and realistic - they didn't ask stupid questions and recognised some of the maths test was actually quite demanding considering the role.

The HR person seemed a bit....unkind? The way she spoke about rejected candidates, how she was proud and found it hilarious when people gave poor answers and she rejected them - actually laughing out loud about it. I would be shocked if she didn't lie about candidates behaviour to the department staff simply because she didn't like them for whatever reason despite never having to speak with them once they started working there. She did not present the company well in person.

This was a job I was genuinely sad I didn't get. I wish the chosen candidates the best of luck as it seemed like a wonderful environment and very supportive team.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Telephone interview with HR. She was very positive & bubbly.
    Email to say got face to face interview with Area Mgr. Need to a SWOT on store beforehand & mystery shop the store.
    Face to face with Area Mgr. Lasted 1.5 hours. Made me super excited as company is growing fast. Found out about application 4 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Durham, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Not to bad , first was taken out onto the shop floor and had to try and sell perfume to customers walking in which was quite difficult. Then walked around the store asking customers if they need any assistance. After this I was invited for a interview with the manager which was very calm and relaxed

Interview Questions

• If I was to sell products in bulk what would I sell with fake tan, shaving foam, tooth paste.

When have I experienced bad customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England).

Interview

I was asked to stand near the front of the store and engage customers to try and buy the star buy products.

After this, I was taken to the office to have an interview with the store manager. She also asked about how I found the experience and how many star buys I sold if any.

Interview Questions

• How can we save money?
      Describe yourself in 3 or 4 words
      Give me an example of a time you provided great customer service   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to schedule an interview. The dress code was all black. When I went in they had me wait for a while (close to an hour) because someone was late and they were behind. When I was called in there were two people there but it was a relaxed atmosphere as one person asked the questions and the other person was the store manager (which I didn't know then). The questions were what I expected, nothing that threw me off and when I did get a little confused the interviewer helped me out. We didn't do the practical exercise that I had heard before about going onto the shop floor it was just the first section, I imagine this was because they were behind. They said they would let me know that day which they did, I was called about an hour after I left and offered the job which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone had a query.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a customer?   Answer Question
    • Which add-ons would you try to sell if a customer wanted to buy toothpaste?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received bad customer service and what would you do differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Accrington, England) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was split into two parts, the first half I was taken into the back of the store and ask a series of questions, it felt more like a formal conversation. The woman was really friendly and the interview was relaxed. The second half I was given the stores star buy item (this happened to be a perfume) and I had to go round the store and stand at the entrance and offer samples to try and get customers to buy it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used your common sense   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked as a team. What were the advantages and disadvantages? What did you enjoy most about it?   Answer Question
    • What products would you try and sell to a customer if they were interested in buying:
      Fake tan
      Toothpaste   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had bad customer service. Did you go back to the shop? What would you do differently if it was you?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few days later to invite me to an interview. Interview was ok, was greeted in store and then taken to the staff room to confirm some details about me and my right to work. Was then taken to the shop floor and shown around by a member of staff and told how the shop works. Then I was asked to approach some customers and ask if they wanted any help and tried to help them the best I could with my knowledge. Then went back to the staff room to do a 1 on 1 interview. Questions were easy and what I had expected with a few specific ones. Negative experience because after the interview I never heard from them again. Would have been nice of them to phone or email to say that I didn't get the job.

Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Very easy interview. Interviewers were very friendly made my feel relaxed. There was a number of set questions. There also was a shopfloor exercise where i noted down observations within the store. The whole interview took about 20-30 mins. I applied online and heard back for interview about 3-4 weeks after I had applied online.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Superdrug (London, England) in May 2017.

Interview

During the interview I was made to feel so comfortable and welcome by all staff members. The manager interviewing me ran through the process of the interview with me, she made the interview feel more like a conversation than just me and wrong questions. I was then taken on the shop floor for 10-15 minutes where I was told to approach customers and help them with anything needed. I had originally applied for a customer service job, so I would be on the tills all day and that would be my whole job, the next day I received a phone call and was told that their was a beauty consultant job on the cosmetics isle which was available, but they had not started interviewing for it yet. Long story short, I was offered this job also and accepted! 😊

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Superdrug (Norwich, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Sat down 1-on-1 with a supervisor who asked roughly 10 questions, which was a very calm and relaxed chat. Then proceeded on have a trial on shop floor handing out superdrug health and beauty cards.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went the extra mile to help a customer.   1 Answer
    • How would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.