Superdrug Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Superdrug Interview Questions

Updated 7 Sep 2018

2.5

Analyst Interview

Interview

VERY FAST PROCESS. Very easy interview. The successful candidates likely don't realise how hard it is to get a similar role - far more rigorous testing and experience required.

1) Applied online
    2) Video interview
    3) Assessment (half) day - group task, individual interview, maths test, presentation.
    4) Successful candidates contacted 1.5 days later.

1) Very simple
    2) 5 questions
    3) Very fun. Honestly I must say this has been one of the best companies I have dealt with in the UK. The department staff were lovely and realistic - they didn't ask stupid questions and recognised some of the maths test was actually quite demanding considering the role.

The HR person seemed a bit....unkind? The way she spoke about rejected candidates, how she was proud and found it hilarious when people gave poor answers and she rejected them - actually laughing out loud about it. I would be shocked if she didn't lie about candidates behaviour to the department staff simply because she didn't like them for whatever reason despite never having to speak with them once they started working there. She did not present the company well in person.

This was a job I was genuinely sad I didn't get. I wish the chosen candidates the best of luck as it seemed like a wonderful environment and very supportive team.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your experience   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Superdrug.

Interview

Applied for a role online and got a call from HR who said they liked my cv and experience. We discussed salary and it was much lower than I was looking for however they said more senior roles were coming up. Chased up over phone and email and after about 5 more emails and another month we progressed to the video application stage. After I completed that waited weeks for any feedback. Then they called saying they definitely wanted to interview me and would I spend 3 hours filling in numerical and verbal reasoning tests online. Completed this stage and again waited weeks for feedback, however I was assured they were sorting out interview times. Then went completely dead, no response to any emails. After another 3 weeks emailed saying they wanted candidates with FMCG experience and I wouldn't be getting an interview. Didn't even have the decency to call me to explain the situation. I dread to think how they treat their staff if this is how they treat interviewees.

Interview Questions

• On video application asked what's your favourite Superdrug product and why?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Croydon, England).

Interview

Very basic. You could see both Hr and the member from the buying team following a standard list of questions. Member from buying team asked most of the questions. Both interviewers seemed new to the interview process. It wasn't a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Actually asked, where do you see yourself in 5 years? Most questions were straight out of an hr text book.   Answer Question

Superdrug Response

24 Mar 2016 – Senior Resourcing Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
    We really value your feedback around the interview being standardised, so thank you for sharing and bringing it to our attention. Whilst we want... More

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Croydon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Croydon, England).

Interview

They emailed me telling me that i had to do a webcam interview as the first stage of the interview process. I waited for over a week and the link to do the interview never came through, i had to email in the end to prompt the to send it. They finally sent it and i did the interview and never heard back from them for 3 weeks +. In the end i had to email them asking for an update only to be told they hired internally.

I am guessing thats the reason they couldn't be bothered to send anything out. If you already know who you want to hire don't waste other peoples time.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Portsmouth, South East England, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Initial Telephone screening with HR asking competency questions.
    A couple of weeks later I had a Face to face informal interview with the area manager getting to know me as a person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a call from HR a couple of hours after my interview with the area manager offering me a store manager role rather than assistant. No need to negotiate as the salary was generous.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Liverpool, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from a talent aquistion manager. Asked me some questions on my experience and said she would arrange an interview with the store manager. Had interview with store manager.
    Was then called back for an interview with area manager.
    Offered a store manager position.
    Start in April.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I have had to drive and increase sales and how I did it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Oldham, England) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting my CV online, was quickly contacted within 24 hours to arrange a phone interview with a recruiter from HR. Phone interview very simple, just focused on role expectations and practicalities. After this, formal interview with an Area Manager which included a mystery shop analysis of a store for commerciality, shrinkage, sales, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've challenged your manager's processes in order to improve on them   Answer Question

Received better offers from elsewhere. The salary was comparably low, especially given the expectations and responsibilities they include in their contract of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Telephone interview with HR. She was very positive & bubbly.
    Email to say got face to face interview with Area Mgr. Need to a SWOT on store beforehand & mystery shop the store.
    Face to face with Area Mgr. Lasted 1.5 hours. Made me super excited as company is growing fast. Found out about application 4 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Superdrug (Leeds, England) in April 2016.

Interview

Short more of a chat and then an informal
    Discussion. Had to wait ages for feedback. Then there was another opportunity to discuss the position with a senior manager. Th whole process seemed a bit disjointed and disorganised. I don’t think this was a smooth process at all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Superdrug (Guildford, England) in June 2012.

Interview

Saw the job on line. Applied. Got an email back asking me to have a telephone interview. Had the interview. Got an email and phone call saying I had been selected for face to face interview with Area Manager. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of job specific questions about P&L and people skills.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.