TOPdesk Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 21 Feb 2018

2.7

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Manchester, England) in December 2017.

Interview

You get contacted within 48hours of sending your cv. 2 round interview within days of each other . You'll be interviewed by two people (one from London and the other from Manchester both rounds. Fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any affinity with IT at all? How would you rate yourself out of 10?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

pre interview coding task (only core Java required) , 2 rounds of problem solving and chatting. 1 more round for the offer. once the initial coding task was accepted it went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself if you met someone at a bar?   Answer Question

8 Nov 2017 – Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

First I had a homework. After that without question they arranged a timeslot for me in the middle of the day. I told them the timeslot is not suitable for me and asked to have it from 8.00 any days. They said that it cannot be done beacuse they work from 9.00... after some weeks they invited me for 8.00 and after the
    whole 2 hours interview told me that they wanted a fullstack developer... I was very very disappointed !

Interview Questions

TOPdesk Response

8 Nov 2017 – Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We do our best to arrange the interviews as fast as possible with the most convenient timing both for the candidate and our collegaues as well. Some... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Manchester, England) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process comprised of an initial meeting with the head of Recruitment and MD for the UK which was followed by a presentation delivered to a wider audience including the Head of Operations in London at the second stage.

I found the process was very professionally run and both hiring managers maintained a friendly approach and asked a good mix of challenging questions while genuinely trying to get to know me better and understand my motivations for joining TOPdesk.

Interview Questions

• What three words would you friends use to describe you?
      Describe your most challenging sale   Answer Question

Technical Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Manchester, England) in October 2017.

Interview

The first interview consisted of questions about my previous experience and my CV, what I knew about the company, and more generally about me. It was a friendly and fairly relaxed interview where I felt comfortable to ask my own questions.
    The second interview was a presentation about problem-solving, followed by questions about the presentation.

Lead Generation Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk in May 2017.

Interview

At a job fair they took in my CV, offered me an interview the next week. The interview itself was two people, one head recruiter from Manchester that was on a Skype call kind of thing and a team leader from London. Second interview was offered the same day. Interview had a lot of focus on educational choices ie, why my degree or why those subjects in gcse etc.

Interview Questions

• What about you makes you good for the lead generation role?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delft (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Delft (Netherlands)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of two phases, both had soft skills assessment and a tech task. After the first phase HR called me and informed that I have passed through for the next phase.

She also shared her feedback about what went not well during the first step. Sometimes I didn't listen the end of the question and just started answering. One more feedback was that I talked a bit too much and a bit too cheerfully :-) This is my reaction to the situations when I am nervous, in normal life I am a quiet person. So I am grateful for that feedback because during the second phase I payed more attention to these issues and tried to be more myself.

What was a bit surprising is that they very carefully read my motivation letter and had a lot of questions about it. In our industry it is quite uncommon, in my experience it is sufficient if a developer just has a relevant tech stack and pass technical task. I wrote my letter by myself and invested some time to make it a bit more prominent.

So my advise to the applicants: please, write your motivation letter thoroughly, don't copy-paste a generic template from internet. The technical tasks are not too difficult and the interviewers also take into account nervous factor. The attitude was quite friendly. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Many questions like: "You mentioned in your motivation letter/CV ... Please give an example?"   1 Answer

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Manchester City Centre, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed twice with various people both in person and on Skype. I had to do a fairly straight forward problem solving exercise (1st interview) and a small PPT presentation (2nd interview). Many of the questions were general personality questions and going over previous work and educational experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you solved a problem.   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (Budapest (Hungary)) in September 2016.

Interview

Scheduled a Skype interview, however no one called me for more than 40 minutes.
    After I wrote an e-mail - I got a response saying of some "technical issue" and a proposition to re-schedule.
    Next day got a letter saying someone has already been hired for that position.

21 Nov 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. The whole process took 4+ weeks due to the fact we were in the middle of the summer holiday period. Consequently we notified the applicant soon after the application... More

Pre-Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TOPdesk (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was on skype at their London office with a recruiter in Manchester. It was pretty cool but bizarre that no one else could interview me face to face.
    Very friendly and conversational. Went through my CV and explained the role to me.
    I got called for a second interview despite showing no knowledge of computers or their product. I should never have applied in truth, and I was happy I didn't get the job, but I found it remarkable they called me back.

Interview Questions

• What is the nerdiest thing you have done with computers?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.