TOPdesk Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 9 Feb 2020

4.9
TOPdesk CEO & Founder Wolter Smit
Wolter Smit
Pros
  • "TOPdesk offers a great work-life balance with more than enough paid holidays(in 16 reviews)

• "TOPdesk geeft werknemers veel vrijheid en verantwoordelijkheid(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Door de vrij vlakke structuur zijn de groeimogelijkheden beperkt(in 7 reviews)

• "Door de vrijheid kan je zich als nieuwe werkgever overdonderd voelen(in 6 reviews)

1. "Absolutley superb company"

Current Employee - Service Management Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at TOPdesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really friendly staff. Managers can't do enough to help you. Fantastic culture around inclusivity and assisting each other. Many perks within the office including: beverages, a breakout room and friday 'borrels' to build relationships. Truly believes and follows their ideals of "freedom, trust & responsibility" encouraging us to follow through on areas we think will help the company without a large focus on KPI, etc.

Cons

There is a lot of self guided study involved when starting due to the loose training frame work. Most of the company appears to run on a flat structure, if you're vertically minded it may not be the place for you.

TOPdesk2020-02-09
  2. "Inclusive Atmosphere, Amazing Place to Work"

I have been working at TOPdesk part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Lots of benefits - Very good pay - Modern working environment - Inclusive company culture and ethos

Cons

- Very few, very impressed!

TOPdesk2020-01-20
  3. "A Brilliant Start"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in London, England

I have been working at TOPdesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a reason why TOPdesk UK and TOPdesk as a whole is continuously generating success and that is because of the positive and curious mindset that the company's employees all share. I have enjoyed meeting everyone these first 2 weeks - they are all so welcoming and reassuring. Meanwhile, the training within the sales team has been constant and fast-paced, setting the bar for success to be quite high.

Cons

No cons as of yet.

TOPdesk2019-08-19
  4. "Amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Manchester, England

I have been working at TOPdesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is inclusive, supportive and there is a flat hierarchy where you are given autonomy from day one to contribute to ideas and strategy. There is great flexibility and a work-life balance where you are not expected to work outside of your contracted hours. There are loads of great benefits also, where employees are highly rewarded from team days out, bonus', and the summer party held in the Netherlands. I highly recommend anyone thinking about applying to TOPdesk to do so!

Cons

Cannot think of any as of yet!

TOPdesk2019-08-12
  5. "Satisfactory for a short term job"

Former Employee - Lead Generation in Manchester, England

I worked at TOPdesk part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Flexible around university studies -Caring approach from management -Good rate of pay for students

Cons

I found Topdesk a very odd environment to work in, the atmosphere within the office often felt very forced and people seemed to try too hard to act upbeat and excited all day. This was very apparent from the part time lead generation staff however, the full time permanent staff at Manchester seem to be more genuine and live and breathe Topdesk. You will find yourself calling gatekeepers who find you a nuisance all day long and, the day does go very slowly. After a while you will have the opportunity to work on projects but its important to remember your scope is very limited in these projects and your main focus will be the calling businesses from a database and trying to convince their decision makers to purchase an IT software. For students, this is a great temporary job whilst on the search for a more professional and structured role however, a role in lead generation certainly does not stand out on a CV.

TOPdesk2019-05-24

June 11, 2019TOPdesk Representative

Thanks for your feedback and we hope you enjoyed your time with us overall. It is great that you recognise the focus of management to facilitate the success of our employees and the flexibility of the role coupled with good rewards afforded to our part-time team. Perhaps, if you found fellow Lead Generation colleagues were less than subtle with their enthusiasm then it is symptomatic of the evolving stage that some colleagues can be at in terms of their professional development, highly skilled students at the beginning of their professional work journey. We must also be conscious that our Lead Generation team is built up of individuals from a wide range of academic disciplines and backgrounds, this diversity we see as a key strength of the team. Sales can be tough and the skills developed by this particular team often align with tenacity, problem-solving and strong communication which are all assets needed in later working life. We have countless examples of ex-Lead Generation colleagues going on to fabulous careers both within TOPdesk and outside the company paying testament to core skills developed in this part time sales team. We wish you the same success!

6. "Lead Generator"

I have been working at TOPdesk part-time for less than a year

Pros

A really welcoming and inclusive company! The entire team is super friendly and there's flexibility in your work schedule, as they accommodate for your uni commitments. There are many perks that include travelling, a nice game room and even a masseuse that comes in monthly.

Cons

I haven't worked here that long, so far I haven't experienced any cons.

7. "TOPdesk is great!"

I have been working at TOPdesk part-time for less than a year

Pros

A lovely company, with a great environment and even better people! Working part time here has been such a great experience, and I have learnt so much already. There are so many opportunities to grow and learn from this job, and I look forward for the future of working here.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to manage time between work and uni

TOPdesk2019-03-27
  8. "Friendly, Flexible, Fun"

I have been working at TOPdesk part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture Competitive pay Friendly staff Extensive training Unparalleled flexibility Opportunities to travel to other TOPdesk offices Work on interesting projects Great in-office benefits

Cons

Calling all day can become slightly boring, although the opportunity to work on various projects stops you from calling for every hour of the day.

9. "A joy to work with!"

Former Employee - Service Management Consultant in London, England

I worked at TOPdesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Whilst only having worked at TOPdesk for a short period of time, the company has been absolute joy to work with! The culture and ethos is very strong and positive and you really feel a sense of "practice what we preach". The company is very close, like a family and it makes it a really nice place to work. You also have the freedom to develop yourself and forge your own path within TOPdesk. I'd strongly recommend working here to anyone!

Cons

As a consultant, there is a lot of travelling. It's best to live somewhere central to get around the country, otherwise it can be a knock to your Work/Life balance.

TOPdesk2018-02-21

July 24, 2018TOPdesk Representative

Much appreciated review. Work / life balance is of primary importance to colleagues at TOPdesk and this should be true of consultants as well. As you quite rightly mention, as a consultant there is a lot of travel involved, not only in the UK, but also on occasion abroad so it is important to have the travel 'bug' as part your DNA. As we are an organisation consistently experiencing positive growth as a result of our customer success, we're acutely aware of the need to continue to review and implement best practice in terms of the service functions. We will continue to learn, improve and mature in this regard!

Continue reading
  10. "Great company culture"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at TOPdesk part-time

Pros

TOPdesk is a really supportive team across all offices. I've never felt so integrated into a group of colleagues so quickly. They're very understanding that for a student, university is the priority, and they support me in my studies.

Cons

Everyday we roll-in and roll-out in order to make sure that we're communicating with the London office. The ideology is great, but in reality it's long winded, and means that we invariably have the same conversation every morning.

TOPdesk2017-12-18

July 24, 2018TOPdesk Representative

Glad that you feel so supported and are enjoying our working culture! With so many intelligent and inquisitive colleagues in your team, cross-branch meetings can easily become a hive of opinion and knowledge-sharing. Better meeting management can be instigated by every colleague and not only Team Leaders so give it a try!

Found 65 reviews